Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But there's reason for that isn't there?

I think "cheaper" has been the reason why we have struggled to win fuck all over the last twenty years.

Forget the likes of Jensen, Vinicius and the like (even going back to Soldado), if we want to improve the front line then "cheaper" isn't the answer.

Levy has been down that road more often than a taxi travels around the M25.

Great post.

nailed-it.gif

I think "cheaper" has been the reason why we have struggled to win fuck all over the last twenty years.

Forget the likes of Jensen, Vinicius and the like (even going back to Soldado), if we want to improve the front line then "cheaper" isn't the answer.

- Sodaldo wasn't cheap..... 30m was a lot of money in 2013.
- 17m for Jansen wasn't cheap for a back-up in 2016 either.

I know we've had this debate before about Spurs winning silverware (winning domestic cups that is) vs qualifying for the CL.
A few said they preferred to win silverware but I have yet to hear a player say, "I wanted to join this club because they won the League cup last season and will play in the Conference League." But you'll hear the same players say they want to play in the CL.
The thing is, had Spurs won a domestic cup this season but not qualified for the CL it's not sure Conte and Harry had stayed nor that Perisic and Bissoma had joined.
So for me, I take CL qualification over a domestic cup win season after season (of course, not ever a league win but that means CL qualification anyway). That's what attracts the best players.

Last edited:

If anything there's an inverse relation between the price and quality of our players. Except for Son and Romero, basically all our top 20 most expensive players are flops.

We bought Trippier for 4.4m in 15/16, Eric Dier for 4.5 in 14/15. Walker for a little over 5m, Dele for about 6m. All these players, except Dele played crucial roles for us, and then we were able to sell them for hugely increased price.

It's a combination of price and scouting. Over the last 3 years we've behaved like Woolwich, throwing money at Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sess, Jack Clarke, without a care in the world about who the fuck we brought it.

The reason we failed to win a single solitary trophy has nothing to do with money, since we last won something, the likes of Leicester, Wigan and Arse have won trophies with far worse squads.

Good riddance. Wanker……really why? like a lot more that we’ve he didnt settle and for whatever reason didn’t get many chances so it’s best for us and him but think that’s a bit harsh…….
Yeah, bloke just wants to play. He wasnt terrible when he did play for us and imo should have had more minutes but best for all concerned that he now moves on. Really not sure i see the issue.

Back
Top Bottom