Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don't know what you are talking about.

Regarding ITK I'd take his word over any of the tripe rolled out on Twitter. He's very close to the club.

Paul, VY and JJ are just about the best three ITK's on Spurs.
Of
You don't know what you are talking about.

Regarding ITK I'd take his word over any of the tripe rolled out on Twitter. He's very close to the club.

Paul, VY and JJ are just about the best three ITK's on Spurs.
of course he is lol ITK my arse !

Being piloted by Amilia Earhart apparently.

Hercules over on SC:

Lenglet spotted boarding plane at Josep Tarradellas airport.

4915484_121718-wtvd-wright-brothers-first-flight-vid.jpg

Heard LAFC still have 1 Designated Player spot left, after Bale and Chiellini. Those 3 together would do exactly what they're designed to do.....sell tickets.

After the season Lingard had for Spam in 20/21, can't believe he's not getting a look from more Prem clubs in need of HG. His wage demands must be ludicrous.

It's the money he's after.

LAFC and other clubs in the MLS could afford him but would say Brighton pay him 150-200k a week?

The Pikey's didn't think so and he played like Messi for them a couple of seasons ago.

Last edited:
Levy & Paratici likely knew the (truly ridiculous) asking price for Antony (since we apparently inquired).

So well done to them for holding out for a record Ajax transfer fee for Stevie B.

Yeh, their pleading poverty was always bullshit considering he & Martinez looked likely to leave for the thick end of 100m...... + whatever Haller cost BVB.

Last edited:
Nailed it. I even set out what kind of mortgage he'd have to have to scale it up proportionality to the rest of us. It would be a £10m+ property and that's not what he's got. He drives a modest vehicle for a millionaire.

I know wealthy people with huge properties that drive Ferarri's. They earn great money. But not £50k a week money.
Likely not 'even' 7 figures a year. Their massive houses are £3-5m not £10m

Anyone on £50k a week and living close to spending it, even after 50% tax, on almost all of it is REALLY going some. Like, insane spending.
It would be like a real life Brewsters Millions.
true but you're not really in the mindset of people with this wealth. Often they have other commitments on their funds not directly linked to living expenses. Perhaps they have ring-fenced a large proportion to investments and building businesses outside the game.

My FIL in his prime had 35+ retail units and other companies buying and managing commercial properties, often large sums would be required upfront and on an on-going basis to get them to the point where they start to generate a steady income which is then reinvested into further properties.

These players in most, are well advised and likely investing heavily in their future, and forecasts will be based on their current income. Players like CE and Dier have quite a lot going on outside the game... Winks strikes me as a similar sort of lad.

For a player to take a drop in salary they need to consider the impact on their long-term investment strategies, the knock-on effect on their families, and balance it with their desire to play first team football.

Tough one to call IMHO and not black and white.

Young???? LOL :sonlol: .......... He will be 30 in 5 months, plus he reached his potential 5 years ago never improved, only thing he has concentrated on improving in the last 5 year is being a social media whore for like and twatty vids of him prancing about & doing trashy chavvy hand signs

Champions League Dancing GIF by BT Sport
champions league dancing GIF by BT Sport
I saw some Lingaurd TikTok channel preview the other day, filled full of shite dance moves... couldn't unsee it. Guys an utter prick

true but you're not really in the mindset of people with this wealth. Often they have other commitments on their funds not directly linked to living expenses. Perhaps they have ring-fenced a large proportion to investments and building businesses outside the game.

My FIL in his prime had 35+ retail units and other companies buying and managing commercial properties, often large sums would be required upfront and on an on-going basis to get them to the point where they start to generate a steady income which is then reinvested into further properties.

These players in most, are well advised and likely investing heavily in their future, and forecasts will be based on their current income. Players like CE and Dier have quite a lot going on outside the game... Winks strikes me as a similar sort of lad.

For a player to take a drop in salary they need to consider the impact on their long-term investment strategies, the knock-on effect on their families, and balance it with their desire to play first team football.

Tough one to call IMHO and not black and white.

Yeah but this is Harry Winks. I bet his mum still helps him get dressed and tells him to put his money in a piggybank because the banks can't be trusted.

Back
Top Bottom