Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This guy cannot be that fucking good?!

They probably could've landed him earlier in the window for 60!!

Really hope Spurs have learned their lesson and realized how important it is to get business done early.

Not clubs are rightfully digging their heels in on transfers.

Hope AJAX stay strong. Same for Leicester on Fofana

Yes I do actually.

Very similar low budget, safe, consolidation transfers. (Bar the somewhat bizarre expenditure of 60 mil on Richarlison) The only position you could argue for 100% that we have strengthened is LWB.

No transfer that really screams ambition or trying to really push the boat out.

Just my opinion.
You have to look at the whole rather than just this window in isolation.

Since last Summer, we have signed Romero, Kulusevski, Bentancur, Bissouma, Richarlison, Perisic, Spence, Lenglet, Udogi, Forster.

Of those 9, 5 can be viewed as "definite" first team upgrades, with 3 viewed as either significant squad upgrades or, should they hit their straps, can be upgraded to first team upgrades.

That is significant, and has been done with a clear plan without spending stupid money.

I do have to laugh when the perception of "pushing the boat out" seems to be paying top dollar for every player that random fans "rate."

Paying the highest price rarely equates to the best option, and ambition has nothing to do with expenditure.

Not sure why UTD are looking to waste 90 million on that lad. Just play Martial. Thought he was the best player on the park versus the Dippers.
Would of thought they would of taken that unless they think they can squeeze them for more.
Would try and get Elanga on loan for a replacement as well if I was them.

This guy cannot be that fucking good?!

Grind harder, Ajax..... They're desperate.

That said; makes a complete mockery of their earlier pauper routine over Bergwijn's fee......

Even before Anthony they've already raked in £108m

Poch: "It takes 18 months to break a player into the team"

TFC: "In Conte We Trust"

TFC weirdos: "3 games in and they're not all starting yet........ OMG.... [insert melt job] "

🤡

Last edited:
Honestly I feel you are 90% mentally unwell. What even is this.
The Boys Smile GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Oh well....it's not just food and electricity then where there are huge inflations :cool:

Lampard tells Chelsea that Anthony Gordon is worth over £100M amid interest

Frank Lampard tells Chelsea that Anthony Gordon is worth over £100MILLION as Everton starlet pushes for Blues transfer​

EVERTON boss Frank Lampard claims Anthony Gordon is worth over £100million amid transfer interest from Chelsea.
Gordon, 21, has been heavily linked with a move away from Goodison Park this summer.

Chelsea have been pushing to sign him, but Everton have already knocked back four offers.

And now, Lampard has insisted that the winger is in the same bracket as players worth over £100m.

On Friday, he told Sky Sports: "He is our player and remains so, he is in the squad for tomorrow.

"He is a huge player for us, I said it last week, not only is he of great value to the club financially, but more importantly of great value to the squad and to me.

"They haven’t bid £60m so let’s not talk about a number that’s not there.

"I can’t put a number on his value to the club. I’ve been fortunate enough to work with fantastic young players at Derby and Chelsea, seen them develop and become England internationals and Champions League winners, worth triple figures (£100m+) in terms of their personal values.

"Anthony is in that bracket, he’s been a pleasure to work with and he’s ours. He’s an Everton boy, he plays for us and the crowd relate to him.

"It’s understandable that people would be interested in him because of the level of player that he is. The facts remain the same."

Oh well....it's not just food and electricity then where there are huge inflations :cool:

Frank Lampard tells Chelsea that Anthony Gordon is worth over £100MILLION as Everton starlet pushes for Blues transfer​

• 15:53, 26 Aug 2022
  • Updated: 16:24, 26 Aug 2022
EVERTON boss Frank Lampard claims Anthony Gordon is worth over £100million amid transfer interest from Chelsea.
Gordon, 21, has been heavily linked with a move away from Goodison Park this summer.
Not only is fat Frank crap at coaching , he ain’t to good at maths either

Chelsea have been pushing to sign him, but Everton have already knocked back four offers.

And now, Lampard has insisted that the winger is in the same bracket as players worth over £100m.

On Friday, he told Sky Sports: "He is our player and remains so, he is in the squad for tomorrow.

"He is a huge player for us, I said it last week, not only is he of great value to the club financially, but more importantly of great value to the squad and to me.

"They haven’t bid £60m so let’s not talk about a number that’s not there.

"I can’t put a number on his value to the club. I’ve been fortunate enough to work with fantastic young players at Derby and Chelsea, seen them develop and become England internationals and Champions League winners, worth triple figures (£100m+) in terms of their personal values.

"Anthony is in that bracket, he’s been a pleasure to work with and he’s ours. He’s an Everton boy, he plays for us and the crowd relate to him.

"It’s understandable that people would be interested in him because of the level of player that he is. The facts remain the same."

"I’ve been fortunate enough to work with fantastic young players at Derby and Chelsea, seen them develop and become England internationals and Champions League winners, worth triple figures (£100m+) in terms of their personal values."

Well this is just bollocks isnt it.

"I’ve been fortunate enough to work with fantastic young players at Derby and Chelsea, seen them develop and become England internationals and Champions League winners, worth triple figures (£100m+) in terms of their personal values."

Well this is just bollocks isnt it.
Not really Bruv. He was Chelsea manager, so he worked with the likes of Mount, James et al, and they've developed into England Internationals and CL winners.

It's the Derby bit that puts the mockers on his statement.

Back
Top Bottom