Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeah, I'm going with pfft...

I'm very underwhelmed by the thought of only adding Solomon to the forward group. This is not a first team upgrade attacking player on any of the meh bunch we've currently got (Son even at 100%, Kulusevski, Richarlison) who will significantly pick up the scoring slack if we lose Kane's 30 goals that contributed about 40% of the 5th highest, or significantly add to the creative productivity. Son's always been mercurial/unreliable and is 31.

Quoting GPM for a guy who played 563 minutes? And hasn't played more than that in any recent season, even with Shaktar.

He may miraculously turn into spunkbread, but there's not a lot of hard evidence to support that.

I really think we need some quality in forward areas, even with Maddison improving creativity in the 8 role.

Absolute nonsense.

Our attack is fine.
Our defence is not.

Doesn’t take any level of IQ to know where we need to be focusing on.

Take a seat!

Yeah, a manager like Mourinho is bound to pay attention to five thousand overweight taxi drivers who have never played football above the level of a Sunday League on The Marshes.
Absolutely pathetic.
You have a problem with the working classes as well, colour me surprised.
That’s not the way I see it.
I don’t get to boo actors or musicians who don’t perform well at the theater or at the philharmonic.
Statistically, half the people that boo are below average at their own job — given some of the spelling, grammar and logic I’ve seen on here, it includes a number of posters here.
You can leave a shit review or you get up and leave mid performance that's how you see demonstrate dissatisfaction at those particular modes of entertment, the reason you don't boo is out of courtesy for other people who may be enjoying it so that they can hear it.
You're comparing apples to oranges dinlow

No owner, with integrity and true ambition, sees the amount of goals we leaked last season and doesn't snap up both VDV AND Tapsoba and properly address the problem.
Is snapping both Taps & VdV properly addressing the problem, though?

Obviously time will tell, but as of right now, on paper, it's defo legit to wonder...

I know we needed upgrade's all over the fucking place, but I'm really worried if we don't get some attacking quality in we are going to have another tough season, especially if for whatever reason (form, injury or sale) we lose Kane's goals, without which we'd have been fucking around in the bottom half last season.
Yep. Its so flippin' frustrating.
As someone said before. Our squad really has become an under-invested mess throughout the back line and midfield really.
Criminally under invested considering our financial clout and unparalleled FFP wriggle room.. Other priorities, I guess.
Maddison is promising. Let's see how we build on that.

Rumours of Liverpool sniffing and willing to pay a big fee.

Fuck Liverpool and their hoarding.

Send chavs 2 bids:

65m for Colwill
35m Badiashille

Either one solves a problem for them and stop Liverpool getting Colwill

65 mil for a kid who's got just the one season under his belt? Scrap that...65 mil for a kid who's played just the 17 PL games (13 starts) in his career to date? Really?

No matter how promising (or HG) he is, paying that would be ridiculous.

I get where you're coming from, my man...we're desperate for CB and all, but that's way OTT here, even by your standards 😂

As someone said before. Our squad really has become an under-invested mess throughout the back line and midfield really.
Criminally under invested considering our financial clout and unparalleled FFP wriggle room.. Other priorities, I guess.
It has the potential to be a good window and I like the business we've done so far.
But without 2-3 quality defenders it's just painting over the rust at the moment

Something the smooth brain contingent can't seem to wrap their melons around.

It certainly won't be anyone as good as Kane, but doesn't mean they won't be good.

We have been linked with Ivan Toney, Dusan Vlahovic and Jonathan David as his replacement and 2 of those would be good signings.

When was the last time we bought a good striker? Berbatov was almost 20 years ago. Since then we have spent money on Pavlyuchenko, Bent, Soldado, Adebayor, Janssen, Llorente and Richarlison. Whoever we sign will be cursed.

Allegedly Levy has set a transfer kitty of £100 million, farcical.

When was the last time we bought a good striker? Berbatov was almost 20 years ago. Since then we have spent money on Pavlyuchenko, Bent, Soldado, Adebayor, Janssen, Llorente and Richarlison. Whoever we sign will be cursed.
We are not cursed FFS. Most on that list were bought as back up.

Back
Top Bottom