Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We still seem to get linked to him although I bet he goes to the chavs. Until it’s poo pooed by Gold etc I wouldn’t rule him out.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26780331/ivan-toney-transfer-chelsea-tottenham-west-ham-Woolwich/

good player but he truly is a master cunt, he belongs at chelsea or Woolwich. they would be a perfect fit

Yet never a bad word has ever been reported from people that count. Team mates and managers past and present have never slagged him off. He’s come across badly in a few interviews granted, but nobody has said a bad word against him that knows him.

It's actually closer to 200 days in 4 years for Eze.

On average he misses 5 games a season through injury. I think that's not too bad, especially if he's managed through good squad rotation which he should have here and doesn't really have the luxury of at Palace.
Think he's already missed 10 for Palace this season? Even if he stays fit til May, that's 4 seasons at Palace but only one where he's played 38 matches.

First season he played 34, the second 13, full season for his third, then a max of 28 this year.

Not atrocious, but a worry. Especially for 50 ish mil.

A number 6, a striker and an elite winger/10 should be summer priorities.

We do need a LB as well, but I'm happy to look at a more up and coming option at either full back position.

A number 6, a striker and an elite winger/10 should be summer priorities.

We do need a LB as well, but I'm happy to look at a more up and coming option at either full back position.

can envision Ange will take a good look at Sess first in pre season to see if he has the fitness and ability. still quite young

hard to form an opinion on ryan, just seen so little of him consistantly, and no idea how he would perform in the new role we would play him in.
Doubt he'll either stay fit anyway so expect another loan then released on a free or sold on the cheap in jan

I've seen enough he's not at the level and even if he was you're right he can't stay fit, time to cut our losses I think

Need to aim much higher than harvesting players like these in the hope they might come good.

Love the fact we’re linking ourselves to Nottingham Forest strikers.

Look at what Levy has done to us. We’re the 8th richest club in the world.

We should be fighting for players like Lautaro Martinez and Osimhen, not the Roman Pavlyuchenko’s of 2024.
If we want a striker, I'd go for Isak

Think he's already missed 10 for Palace this season? Even if he stays fit til May, that's 4 seasons at Palace but only one where he's played 38 matches.

First season he played 34, the second 13, full season for his third, then a max of 28 this year.

Not atrocious, but a worry. Especially for 50 ish mil.

Just don't think it's too much of an issue as say someone like Neto was in terms of injury

He's missed 10 of his last 63 games... Yeah, he had a torrid time 3 years ago, but it was also 3 years ago.

50m ish for a player coming into their peak, English, HG... When we signed Maddison for 40m (despite having a year left) who has had a similar history with injuries over the last few seasons doesn't sound too bad of a deal.

Iling Jr seems to be one that we're constantly linked with.

Though if we are needing HG option then Doughty at Luton is definitely worth a shout for depth. Pretty sure his contract is up in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom