Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not sure either are really the apex player for Ange wideforward. We need to move very carefully with how we refine this team. I hope to goodness Paratici is on this.

To be clear, I do not want us to sign Jack Grealish. Injuries have disrupted him badly lately, some of the off-field stuff is slightly worrying, and his age/wage profile makes him a no go anyway. And I agree, I don't think he's want Ange wants from a wide player.

He is definitely a better dribbler, but he also falls over at the slightest of touches which he did for Villa too. Definitely part of his game and I'm sure an important one for Pep but it's not something i see many other City players doing when I watch them.

He definitely does go down easily. Maddison is our most fouled player by far, and its a combination of being a bit of a lightweight and being targeted for fouls.

That all played a big part in his role last season which was very tactical and very boring. Carry the ball, win fouls, retain and recycle possession if not, work very hard out of possession. He was used for all their big games due to this.

Kulu works very hard and is strong defensively for a winger. But there's lots to that 'role' that he simply couldn't perform.

He definitely does go down easily. Maddison is our most fouled player by far, and its a combination of being a bit of a lightweight and being targeted for fouls.

That all played a big part in his role last season which was very tactical and very boring. Carry the ball, win fouls, retain and recycle possession if not, work very hard out of possession. He was used for all their big games due to this.

Kulu works very hard and is strong defensively for a winger. But there's lots to that 'role' that he simply couldn't perform.

Agree with all of that.

I'm not sure either are really the apex player for Ange wideforward. We need to move very carefully with how we refine this team. I hope to goodness Paratici is on this.

People change their minds like the wind according to who they see these little 'he might be available' tweets about. Allegedly we need pace, dribbling, goals, assists and lots of dangerous crosses from our wide player upgrades... Grealish only provides one of those things (and plays on the opposite side to Kulu). Spending a fuck load of money to get a few extra FKs would not be money well spent.

Hopefully Lange and his data-boys are more focused on our specific needs.

First of all, I said often (which does not mean "always") :cool:
Anyway, Palmer had Silva and Foden in front of him at the time of being old (and Man City now have Savio as well). And Cole Palmer wanted/demanded more guaranteed playing time.
And Man City needed some income because of FFP.

Looks like he made a massive error in judgement then.

City didn't need to balance the books last Summer because P&S is over a rolling 3 year period, they just saw it as an opportunity to let him go because it makes it easier to spend more in the coming windows.

I think I want us to sign Grealish just to see how bus-conductor bus-conductor reacts.

japan people GIF

He is definitely a better dribbler, but he also falls over at the slightest of touches which he did for Villa too. Definitely part of his game and I'm sure an important one for Pep but it's not something i see many other City players doing when I watch them.

He goes down a lot because he has the technique to dribble but doesn’t have the athleticism or quick burst of acceleration to get/stay past most people.

Looks like he made a massive error in judgement then.

City didn't need to balance the books last Summer because P&S is over a rolling 3 year period, they just saw it as an opportunity to let him go because it makes it easier to spend more in the coming windows.

"Palmer wanted/demanded more guaranteed playing time."

That was the fundamental in all this.....

Pep's attitude is always "if you want to leave then fine".

Not sure Grealish leaving changes a great deal for Palmer as he plays on the opposite side.... They also have Bob & Savio coming as wide men through too.

"Palmer wanted/demanded more guaranteed playing time."

That was the fundamental in all this.....

Pep's attitude is always "if you want to leave then fine".

Not sure Grealish leaving changes a great deal for Palmer as he plays on the opposite side.... They also have Bob & Savio coming as wide men through too.

And he made an error of judgement 🤷‍♂️

Please. He only has more output because Grealish has been given the mandate of being a safe player in possession under Pep.

Grealish lost possession 29 times last season in the league. In an entire season. Kulusevski has already lost it 48 times.

Grealish also draws a lot more fouls.

I’m pretty sure that is not true. Pep has not given Grealish the “mandate of being a safe player” any more than any of his attacking players”. Evidenced by his comments when asked earlier in the season when asked why he preferred Doku, Saying something about Grealish needing to produce more.

Everyone knocks Doku, and he is young and fucking raw, but he absolutely pisses the PL for carries and passes into the box, no-one is even close.

View: https://x.com/_jkds_/status/1770182187045859441?s=46&t=IomICbZIqZC4FsH907qgfw

I’m pretty sure that is not true. Pep has not given Grealish the “mandate of being a safe player” any more than any of his attacking players”. Evidenced by his comments when asked earlier in the season when asked why he preferred Doku, Saying something about Grealish needing to produce more.

Everyone knocks Doku, and he is young and fucking raw, but he absolutely pisses the PL for carries and passes into the box, no-one is even close.

View: https://x.com/_jkds_/status/1770182187045859441?s=46&t=IomICbZIqZC4FsH907qgfw

Expected Threat....

FML

Back
Top Bottom