Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane made Bayern better?

It's not always that simple. I'm not convinced that this system doesn't work better with Son playing CF.

I guess we will never know but we can't press like this with Kane or Toney up front.
Points wise and goals scored yes but I get your point. Toney and Kane can still press. I don't know the answer to this but how many goals have we scored directly from our centre forward pressing and making the opposition make a mistake that leads to us scoring?

Points wise and goals scored yes but I get your point. Toney and Kane can still press. I don't know the answer to this but how many goals have we scored directly from our centre forward pressing and making the opposition make a mistake that leads to us scoring?

We have scored a lot of goals from our press as a unit working. We should have probably scored double that amount if we were more comfortable playing the system.

Kane has been done as a pressing forward since Jose came in and taught him to stay fit more by doing less off the ball than he had to under Poch. Toney i don't know tbh because Brentford have never been a team to dominate games with their press. they counter-attack.

Yeah Toney. Although Isak is an interesting mention, I hadnt considered him. Cost would be prohibitive I suspect, plus going for him isnt really our MO. He can play wide and up top though.

I dont think we will sign either, but out of the two, who would you go for? I think I would just side with Isak because of age and potential upside. Toney would hit 20 goals in our team next season though, I have no doubt about that. Would Isak, I am not so sure?

I'd prefer Isak but I don't suppose NC will let him out of their oily palms.

View: https://x.com/ScarfeySpurTalk/status/1774719964059963563?s=20

That's enough to get real quality just as long as it's not spread over 7 players

Lies No GIF

Let's get all the cheap world class players. I'm sure they are all really world class and it's just an anomaly they are cheap.
The club has to be in the market for, top class players when they come along and, be prepared to pay top price for them.
There has to be a balance of course, educated punts on young promising talent alongside very good players to help achieve success.
Despite the club almost being able to print money, levy just won't allow that to happen to, so it's a case of staying on the chosen path and hoping we strike lucky one year.

Numbers aren't important, personnel is.

This guy gets it.

We got to a CL final spending less than £150m on a whole squad of players.
Harry Kane and Harry winks cost £0.
Dele and Eric Dier £10m between them.
Lloris £11m Eriksen £11m.
Sonny £22m.
We paid over £70m for Sanchez, jannsen and Aurier.

Where was the best value in those transfers? The big money ones??

It’s not what you spend. It’s the way that you spend it.
Pep Guardiola said that. I think.

And let’s not forget Ange won the treble in Scotland with a squad assembled for less than £10m and 5 cases of Irn Bru.
Probably.

The club has to be in the market for, top class players when they come along and, be prepared to pay top price for them.
There has to be a balance of course, educated punts on young promising talent alongside very good players to help achieve success.
Despite the club almost being able to print money, levy just won't allow that to happen to, so it's a case of staying on the chosen path and hoping we strike lucky one year.

To Dare is To Do What We Always Do.

Remember, "we all want to win trophies" but "We've got our Tottenham back" so that is what really counts.

View: https://x.com/ScarfeySpurTalk/status/1774719964059963563?s=20

That's enough to get real quality just as long as it's not spread over 7 players

I’ve been snorting cocaine all day to come off 5 grams of ketamine and been drinking tequila neat for coming up to 72hours and even I’m not falling for that tweet.

Although I did just buy a cow farm in a lovely place called Aleppo ?? on Facebook marketplace.
Not sure that’s going to be a great investment as I think the photos might be photoshopped.

Looks nice though.

cb58e3bdd43009efab8ff59b6237d5d2.jpg

Anyway.
Pull yourself together man.

Back
Top Bottom