Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't really get the Onana link either tbh

6 ft 5 defensive midfielder who's monstrous defensively.

I think it's looking increasingly likely that tactically, we'll evolve next year. And instead of going with a sole 6, it's likely we'll go to more of a double pivot to cover the wide areas and the 10 in front of them creating.

Onana would be perfect in that role tbh.

6 ft 5 defensive midfielder who's monstrous defensively.

I think it's looking increasingly likely that tactically, we'll evolve next year. And instead of going with a sole 6, it's likely we'll go to more of a double pivot to cover the wide areas and the 10 in front of them creating.

Onana would be perfect in that role tbh.

So you rotate him with Sarr, Bissouma, Bentancur and Bergvall for 2 positions? 6 players for 2 positions, even with Europe and that doesn't include Skipp who guess would need to leave as well.

So you rotate him with Sarr, Bissouma, Bentancur and Bergvall for 2 positions? 6 players for 2 positions, even with Europe and that doesn't include Skipp who guess would need to leave as well.

Well we are after a 6 and that's been reported by pretty much everyone.

So it's no secret that we'd be signing one. So even if it isn't Onana, someone will be coming in to rotate with the others for 2 positions.

I think Ange if flexible and is learning. By next season he will know what games will require certain systems, certain players etc.

Unless the thinking is PEH/Gio gone, Bentancur is the 6 and Bergvall more of a 10 leaves:

Bentancur/Biss
Sarr/Onana
Maddison/Bergvall

But we are apparently also in for a 6.
The above group still lacks in the creative department for me.

I think Onana and Bentancur would be swapped in that rotation.

Well we are after a 6 and that's been reported by pretty much everyone.

So it's no secret that we'd be signing one. So even if it isn't Onana, someone will be coming in to rotate with the others for 2 positions.

I think Ange if flexible and is learning. By next season he will know what games will require certain systems, certain players etc.

Onana is a 6? I thought he was more 8?

How is he playing the ball?

It's a strange one because we have depth in CM but also not really that clear where the best improvement is. We still don't know how Ange sees Bentancur... i guess as an 8.

But we have Sarr, Bentancur, Bergvall for the 8.

we need a much more physical option in the middle and he can cover deep if needed. He is the closest player I can think of to a Rice type, even stronger and quicker and a very mobile player who makes it horrible for other players. Generally always looks good when playing against big clubs and in battles. I think we need that type of option particularly in big games. Depth and something different.

Onana is a 6? I thought he was more 8?

How is he playing the ball?

It's a strange one because we have depth in CM but also not really that clear where the best improvement is. We still don't know how Ange sees Bentancur... i guess as an 8.

Got all the attributes for one. Plays there for Belgium.

Hes got good technique. I think him and Sarr rotating with Bissouma and Bentancur as a double pivot with Maddison ahead of them would give us a lot more solidarity. He also adds height for defending set pieces, his aerial duel percentage is ridiculously high.

Bergvall is only 18 so he'll get his chances. Up to him to take them. Skipp is done.

Back
Top Bottom