Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got all the attributes for one. Plays there for Belgium.

Hes got good technique. I think him and Sarr rotating with Bissouma and Bentancur as a double pivot with Maddison ahead of them would give us a lot more solidarity. He also adds height for defending set pieces, his aerial duel percentage is ridiculously high.

Bergvall is only 18 so he'll get his chances. Up to him to take them. Skipp is done.

He plays for Belgium?

Didn’t know that.

Off to YouTube I go to persuade myself he’s the new Rodri

Onana is a 6? I thought he was more 8?

How is he playing the ball?

It's a strange one because we have depth in CM but also not really that clear where the best improvement is. We still don't know how Ange sees Bentancur... i guess as an 8.
Onana is more an 8 but its irrelevant as Ange has stated he doesn't see set positions and I genuinely believe him. He'd play two 8s with no hesitation at all.

I watched the bologna Vs frosinone game the other week. He is technical and strong.

However I think he is ill suited to the premier league and what Postecoglou asks of his centre backs, he isn't agile in the slightest and has a turning circle like Eric Dier.

He plays as a kind of auxiliary no.6 at times and steps in midfield during the game, probably an instruction from the manager.

You definitely wouldn't want to play a high line with him as the last man in my opinion.

Quick idea of how we might be looking next season in terms of overseas players for Europe.
Prob space for 2 overseas players straight away and then sort of 1 in 1 out if we get offers for players like Royal/Richy/Kulu etc. Obv don't have to fill out the whole 17

UEFA 2024/25
List A: Overseas (max 17)
1 Son
2 Romero
3 Vicario
4 Porro
5 van de Ven
6 Werner *if activated
7 Udogie
8 Dragusin
9 Sarr
10 Bentancur
11 Bissouma
12 Kulusevski
13 Emerson Royal
14 Richarlison
15 Bergvall *if we register him for Europe

Loan?
Veliz
Keeley

Sell?
Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Gil
Solomon?
Ndombele
Reguilon

I think you need Royal on your list - you say ' Prob space for 2 overseas players straight away and then sort of 1 in 1 out if we get offers for players like Royal'

So its room for 1 overseas player straight away on that basis.

Perhaps surprisingly, we've actually got a pretty full squad for next season before the window opens.

Tosin wanted a starting position in the summer, but Monaco (his preferred destination) didn't have the finances to buy him.

Maybe he's had to reconsider if Monaco can't pay his wages either !

I'd have thought Spurs had kept an eye on both him and Lloyd Kelly, both on free transfers as potential LB/LCB this summer if Ange is ok with them - both HG as well

He is a cheap cover for the LCB position for when VDV gets injured. Just as Dragusin is really a RCB to cover Romero Tosin is very quick CB so can be a pound shop Van Der Ven. I don’t mind this if it means we spend more on attack and midfield.

When it comes to squad it’s not just about good players it’s about suitability, Tosin is suited to a high line, he isn’t great but he fits the system and fitting the system is critical.

I think you need Royal on your list - you say ' Prob space for 2 overseas players straight away and then sort of 1 in 1 out if we get offers for players like Royal'

So its room for 1 overseas player straight away on that basis.

Perhaps surprisingly, we've actually got a pretty full squad for next season before the window opens.
He is on it, number 13

He is a cheap cover for the LCB position for when VDV gets injured. Just as Dragusin is really a RCB to cover Romero Tosin is very quick CB so can be a pound shop Van Der Ven. I don’t mind this if it means we spend more on attack and midfield.

When it comes to squad it’s not just about good players it’s about suitability, Tosin is suited to a high line, he isn’t great but he fits the system and fitting the system is critical.

Tosin can ping a pass as well. Both Radu and Tosin cover LCB or RCB if needed so even if one is injured you have cover... Makes a lot of sense.

View: https://twitter.com/TosinAdarabioyo/status/143100370133065728?t=i4K4SoCpaGTTwhW24Py9hg&s=19

Back
Top Bottom