Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely, categorically, indefuckinsputeably not.

Hasn't scored for 8 games and was benched in the last one.

Provided 1 assist in 13 since coming back and Brentford aren't playing any better either.

Imagine Sonny going 9 games without a goal? When Richy has done that he's been pilloried from pillar to post.

He's cretin who overrates himself and slags off his own team.
You’re entitled to your opinion. Stats from last 13 games to me are not a measure of overall quality

Getting cover for Porro and Udogie is essential, especially with more games next season.

Tyrick Mitchell and Walker-Peters should do.

Don’t want Oblak or Kimmich really.

Simons would be a great pick up
I spent all day with a mate who is a mad PSG fan. He goes to every game, attends practice regularly, reads everything that's written about the club...not ITK (he hate the cunts as much as we do), but his opinion is that PSG will keep Simons to sort of soften the blow of losing Bappe. The footy press tends to agree with him, as PSG can't/won't sign Leao apparently so that'd make sense.

My view is that they already have Barcola & Dembele as starters, plus Kolo Muani, Lee (Sonny's bff) & Asensio on the bench so would seem sensible to get rid, especially as they could get 60-70 mil easy for Simons and put that money towards an experienced DM. But yeah, PSG aren't really renowned for being logical...they have far more money than sense.

But for sure, if we could get that kid...my oh my...cause he's bloody exciting and he produces the goods, it ain't just fancy footwork. I'd have him & Openda here any day. Add a beast DM and a couple solid FB deputies...now Ange can talk chasing the title and be taken seriously.

I spent all day with a mate who is a mad PSG fan. He goes to every game, attends practice regularly, reads everything that's written about the club...not ITK (he hate the cunts as much as we do), but his opinion is that PSG will keep Simons to sort of soften the blow of losing Bappe. The footy press tends to agree with him, as PSG can't/won't sign Leao apparently so that'd make sense.

My view is that they already have Barcola & Dembele as starters, plus Kolo Muani, Lee (Sonny's bff) & Asensio on the bench so would seem sensible to get rid, especially as they could get 60-70 mil easy for Simons and put that money towards an experienced DM. But yeah, PSG aren't really renowned for being logical...they have far more money than sense.

But for sure, if we could get that kid...my oh my...cause he's bloody exciting and he produces the goods, it ain't just fancy footwork. I'd have him & Openda here any day. Add a beast DM and a couple solid FB deputies...now Ange can talk chasing the title and be taken seriously.

Sounds like the kind of window this club needs to really push on,

Not happening though

He's good defensively too, he just needs a cover option and to get more used to the role. It's probably the most demanding role he's had in his career.
Bissouma is gonna be 28 in a few months.

This is his 8th season as a pro footballer.

He's played the vast majority of his career as a defensive mid.

But yeah, he needs to get used to the role...

Bissouma is gonna be 28 in a few months.

This is his 8th season as a pro footballer.

He's played the vast majority of his career as a defensive mid.

But yeah, he needs to get used to the role...
Being a defensive mid in this system is more demanding.

It's not that strange, players that are new to a league might take some time to get accustomed to it due to it being more fast paced for example.

Absolutely.

If I'm Porro or Udogie, somehow I don’t feel that worried about losing my spot...therefore I won't work as hard as I sure would if the backups were a bigger threat.
It's not just competition, we need to make sure that players won't be run into the ground next season.

But it's also about having a player that you can sub on at half time if one of them aren't playing well. We would never sub them off for tactical reasons for Davies or Royal for example unless its fitness related.

Being a defensive mid in this system is more demanding.

It's not that strange, players that are new to a league might take some time to get accustomed to it due to it being more fast paced for example.
Bissouma has been playing PL football since 2018, pal.

We get it...you love him and will find him all the excuses under the sun. But exhausted, not used to the system etc? That's a tad weak.

Fact is he's been here two years and hasn't justified his price tag or rep. Far from it. You don't do that by having 5 or 6 good games early this season...but nothing before or since. If he left today, his transfer would've been a bust. Period.

Hopefully he can improve and become the player we thought we were signing a couple years ago, but I really don't see it. I just don't think he has the tech, tactical or physical skills...and I sure am positive he's not got the mental minerals.

Bissouma has been playing PL football since 2018, pal.

We get it...you love him and will find him all the excuses under the sun. But exhausted, not used to the system etc? That's a tad weak.

Fact is he's been here two years and hasn't justified his price tag or rep. Far from it. You don't do that by having 5 or 6 good games early this season...but nothing before or since. If he left today, his transfer would've been a bust. Period.

Hopefully he can improve and become the player we thought we were signing a couple years ago, but I really don't see it. I just don't think he has the tech, tactical or physical skills...and I sure am positive he's not got the mental minerals.
He really hasn't been that bad.

90 percentile for Passes attempted,completed, tackles and interceptions.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Jaynola's takes, he was suggesting Kulusevski for the role a couple of weeks back. I shit you not.

People love jumping on a bandwagon. He hasn’t been that bad recently either. Good against Palace West Ham, fine against Luton was it? started the Forest game well too before the whole team lost their way.

Not against signing someone better, but don’t think there’s many better that we could get

Based on nothing but a hunch, I think Openda becomes our striker target this summer. Right price range, playing style, age and very consistent scoring record in multiple leagues.

Absolutely.

If I'm Porro or Udogie, somehow I don’t feel that worried about losing my spot...therefore I won't work as hard as I sure would if the backups were a bigger threat.
You could never aim the not working hard card at Porro mate. He gives everything every game. Udogie needs more of a challenge because he’s been in a comfort zone lately.

Back
Top Bottom