Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

but these 4 cbs' are all young (i presume the one we sign will be u23 if we actually sign someone) on 5 plus year contracts. When will Vuskovic, Phillips and Dorrington get their opportunity if we sign another CB?
Vuskovic joins in 2025 and will only be 18 then, he's a while off.

In any case, top clubs don't worry about youngsters getting minutes 2/3 years down the line.
They will be loaned out and if good enough they will return and challenge for a place.

The bar is now very high. Assuming no sales, there's no reason why Romero/VDV are not still the starting partnership in 5 years.

If we make a signing it means Phillips/Dorrington are not ready to contribute yet, simple as that.

But for the immediate term we need 4 viable options. Not fullbacks as makeshift CBs if we really want to compete for top honours.

I think Neto is a brilliant player. Love to get him here.
Yes someone with some sense. He his head and shoulder better than what we have. We prbly won’t sell deki or BJ but if we go for Neto or the guy from Barca could be very heavy loaded in RW. Not all will play so surely it would make sense then maybe to sell one. Based on fact BJ is HG deki prbly. He really doesn’t offer enough to warrant starting almost every game. His not productive enough.

€70M for raphina surely he hasn’t done enough to warrant costing more than what Barca paid? His 27 and will be 28 in December. Would we pay that much for him? Neto is the one!

I highly doubt it will happen but one can still hope....

Tottenham Hotspur have joined the race to sign Nico Williams in the summer transfer window, with the 21-year-old one of the names on their wishlist for a new attacker at the end of the season.
If we want him, we just need to arrange a friendly with Bilbao, so Ange can Mate him at full time…

€70M for raphina surely he hasn’t done enough to warrant costing more than what Barca paid? His 27 and will be 28 in December. Would we pay that much for him? Neto is the one!
He's simply one of many incredibly poor transfer decisions made by Barca. Even for half of that price I doubt Spurs would be interested.

Last edited:
I lied.

I want something other than the links to Gallagher to stop. Please stop with links to or desire for Nico Williams.

We aren't signing Nico Williams! He just signed a new deal, loves Bilbao, and has no intention of leaving Spain.

I highly doubt it will happen but one can still hope....

Tottenham Hotspur have joined the race to sign Nico Williams in the summer transfer window, with the 21-year-old one of the names on their wishlist for a new attacker at the end of the season.
Will be close to 100m athletic are a stubborn team to buy players from look at kepas price. Our best shot was when his contract had 1 Yr left on it. I can't see us spending the money

Back
Top Bottom