Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched a YouTube of him and all I could deduce is that I hope we never buy a defender from France. They all look utter dross. As for him, honestly he could be great or another nkoudou. Impossible to know.

There's zero qualities that link him and Nkoudou though, who had absolutely nothing to his game.

At least with Doue, you can actually see what he's capable of. His brilliance in 1v1 situations. His link up play for his age is elite, ridiculously strong on the ball. He's like if you merged Eze and Olise into one footballer.

The guys the real real. When do the Olympics start?

There's zero qualities that link him and Nkoudou though, who had absolutely nothing to his game.

At least with Doue, you can actually see what he's capable of. His brilliance in 1v1 situations. His link up play for his age is elite, ridiculously strong on the ball. He's like if you merged Eze and Olise into one footballer.

The guys the real real. When do the Olympics start?

Last week of July I think.

On the striker issue, I’m no longer on the Toney wagon. Just don’t think he’s enough of an upgrade on Rich to be spending £40m+ on.

If we had a sniff at Isak, Martinez, Watkins at two times that fee, I’d take the plunge then. If that money isn’t there, just wait and see who the next big talent off the rank is next summer.

On the striker issue, I’m no longer on the Toney wagon. Just don’t think he’s enough of an upgrade on Rich to be spending £40m+ on.

If we had a sniff at Isak, Martinez, Watkins at two times that fee, I’d take the plunge then. If that money isn’t there, just wait and see who the next big talent off the rank is next summer.
80 mill for Watkins if we did that I would ask why

got a leeds mate at work who always goes to games, he rates him highly and even at 40 mill he thinks its a bargain
Same here I know a Leeds fan and he said he’d be worth £100M. What is his best position?
So now we have spent a relatively huge amount on a 18 yr old we really need to buy some proven quality PL ready players.

Gray, Eze, Neto and a couple of prospects thrown in and I think this window is a step in the right direction.

The shame of it is that we clearly need a striker but nobody except for Gyokeres, Isak and Osimhen are sitting well with me and we won't be getting any of the above.

The big move would be Osimhen. I doubt we'll sign a striker this summer that fits the profile and status required.
I’d take Neto all day long over any of our wingers. Great close control and pace. Only that twat Martinez doesn’t think his good enough. How he can bring that shorty over Neto god knows. Sell kulu send back Werner and get Neto.

Back
Top Bottom