Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I haven't watched him at all, why do you think he's the next Janssen?

Although it is a bit concerning that Woolwich appear to be targeting higher level players in the same position... it's why they're 2nd and we're 5th I guess.
That’s the main reason. Not saying Gimenez is shit, he’s just not the type of player a club wanting to win silverware in a major league should be targeting.

The Janssen comparisons are a bit lazy, but he had a better scoring record (34 in 27) than Gimenez has, yet managed only 2 in 31 appearances for us. There’s also a fair bit of noise from Holland that suggests he’s not that good.

The reality is that if we had serious ambition, we’d be trying to bring players like L Martinez in. It just doesn’t fit Levy’s model which is why we’ll never win anything of note under ENIC.

I haven't watched him at all, why do you think he's the next Janssen?

Although it is a bit concerning that Woolwich appear to be targeting higher level players in the same position... it's why they're 2nd and we're 5th I guess.

And here is the uncomfortable truth about our owners.

We were ahead of them in every way... League table, revenue, squad... But somehow it's always the next level up in terms of quality that they can chase compared to us. Because they are prepared to pay for it.

How many of our players would walk into City/Pool/Woolwich's team?...

...and how many of their squad would walk into ours?

Rotation pieces included.

Quite the difference, eh?

Said it before and I'll say it again, we need:

- A backup goalie...but not a 35yo+ former England no 2/3 type​
- New RB and new LB, but not guys to just cover for Porro and Destiny...no...guys good enough to steal their spot, which doesn't look that hard a feat the form they've both been in for months (at least Pedro tries)​
- Similarly, a new CB who can really push VdV but especially Cuti...I have my doubts as to whether Radu is at that level (yet)​
- A monster 6 who can win the ball back AND pass it forward with pace & ingenuity. As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with Biss...say what you want about Skippy, he'd have shown so much more out there and not just today​
- A new CAM who is (far) more consistent and (much) less fragile - physically and mentally - than Madders​
- Two quality wingers ie guys who don't have Kulu's pace, who have more than one shitty trick in their toolbag, who aren't as frail as Werner and who can bang them in​
- A proper No 9 with a first touch and who ain't scared of going to work vs centre halves, who gets on the end of crosses even if that means putting his head where others wouldn't put their foot​
- All of them newbies must have a right pair of bollocks on them. Sick of them manchild crybaby sissies who shit themselves at the first hurdle​

You wanna win titles, Ange? That's what you need. We know it, you know it, your boss knows it. But we also know how it goes...soon you will too.

If a quality number 6 is not a priority going into the summer window then I despair. Bissouma can not be relied on, needs competition to drive him on and if it does not drive him on then he has to go the follwing summer. Last chance for him next season, either he knuckles down and becomes consistently good or moves on.

Back
Top Bottom