Sunday Funday with Crystal Palace!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jan looks so much better with him in there now, I really like the look of Wimmer as well-had an unbelievable season last year in a tough league as well he is quality back up. Fazio I could do with never seeing again.
Fingers crossed we won't have to deal with a Dier injury but if we do we have a number of midfield options, none of them are great DMs but we'll get through it if we have to. No point in moaning about signings now ffs.

Fuck you very much

No - the guy I was sounding off at, is a complete fraud
I have no issues with Sammy's commitment to being a Spurs supporter, or the fact that he can see that everything isn't roses.

So no that wasn't what I was saying at all

so you shut up - you more complete tit than I am

(ps - I asked the guy ages ago to cut the personal sniping, and said that if he did, then I would do the same - but he thrives on this kind of comment, so it was a personal message from me to him, not a commentary on the way anyone else expresses their support)

So you're not a complete tit then!
:pritchardeyes:

Bentaleb is closest to a DM outside of Dier and he had a great last season but started poorly this year and is now injured.

Dier definitely brings balance, he is basically a mobile forward CB with half decent passing. Which is essentially what an out and out DM kind of is, a third proactive CB, a screen for his two teammates behind that frees up other players to attack.

I am not a fan of pulling Toby out if Dier got injured, he is finally the guy Jan likes playing with, the sum of the parts is superb, a class signing I wanted for 3 years.

This.

I cannot see the logic in pulling Toby out of that partnership if Dier gets injured.

Same people saying we have enough cover in midfield, claiming we should use another CB as DM.

Bizarre.

Im a gooner.

Nipped that in the bud didnt I. Move along, nothing to see here.
naked-gun-nothing-to-see-here-reaction-frank-drebin-police-squad-13911001861.gif

Toby can cover DM if needs be.

Of course it was. He hasn't played anywhere else, not even in pre-season. This is exactly what Poch expected and wanted.
i meant before this summer.
we could have used him at DM last season if that was the plan all along for dier.

Last edited:
I think we can forget about Austin as Pooch doesn't want him or he wd be with us now.
yeah true. he probably isnt really a poch type of player.

I think maybe the penny has dropped with Lamela in that less is better as our last 2 PL goals have come from him passing the ball quickly!
If Pooch is responsible for that then fair play to him and I have to concede that I got it wrong about Dier playing in midfield!
Lamela also looks stronger this season as he matures and he won the ball well before finding Eriksen yesterday.
yes agreed. lamela seems much more effective when he moves the ball on quickly.
probably frustrating for him as he likes to use his skill & tricks. obviously he could do more of that in italy or spain.

Looks good and is fine cover for our CBs.

Its one thing though playing second choice CBs if the first choice is injured, but quite another dismantling Jan and Toby because we didnt sign a DM.

Typical Spurs, just shunting the problems around the pitch
wimmier is an accomplished premiership CB now apparently.

Joe and others were right you are a boring twat now of to bed and mummy will let you stay up to watch the game on Wednesday .
pg-rainy-day-games-slide3.jpg
I have never met your mum, but I imagine she is a retarded pie munching slut, and I certainly wont be taking orders from her over my bed time

Back
Top Bottom