Sunderland at The Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right, onward and upward, sure we were fucked over but lets kick on on saturday.

Worst time to be playing Sunderland, new manager syndrome seems to have them on their uppers, played well against Blackburn. But we should be looking to take our frustrations out on them and fucking smash 'em.

One thing, I think we should rest Parker, got his 4th yellow today, and I want him available against the chavs, plus he's looking tired, can't blame him for that!

This is going to be a tough game. Agree re Parker. We need him at full capacity against the chavs so why not stick Sandro in against Sunderland. Can't see Arry doing that though.

Wouldn't mind seeing Parker rested for this one, like others have said he has looked tired last 2 weeks, he's on 4 yellow cards for the season and we need him against Chelsea. Sandro could do with a run out aswell.

Reckon we'll see a good response from the lads

I'm pretty sure a ban for 5 yellows takes 7 days to go through so if Parker gets booked on Sunday he'll still be able to play the Chavs, might be wrong though.

5-1 Spurs either way.

can't see Parker being rested. Actually, it just won't happen. As good as the thoughts behind it are, he's still our best player at the moment and I hate resting our best players. He's got a week to have a break which in my eyes is more than enough. Do feel for Sandro though.

442, drop vdV and we should win. We must have two strikers for this one. They'll come looking to keep it tight through the middle and not give much away. I expect to see them play with at least 6 players behind the ball at all times and their full backs to rarely push past the half way line. We need the two strikers to run the channels and pull their defence apart so the likes of Bale, Lennon and Modric get the space to create.

Won't be an easy game though this one, especially if we play 4411.

They're going to get annihilated. Smaaaaaasssshhhhh eemmmmmmm etc

I'm having money on more than 4 goal lead at full time, and Ade to score first. Fuck it, speculate to accumulate.

I'd be surprised if we won by a 2 goal margin personally and I don't mean that to sound defeatist or negative, just that MoN will have them organised and determined so it'll be a lot tougher than many think. We should still have enough to win though of course.

For all the new manager thing around Sunderland, Sunday is all about us!

I hope we use the defeat, and the "injustice" as a springboard to a new even more maginficent run of 7 straight wins before the City title decider in mid-Jan.

General question though...with Kaboul suspended if Ledley's fit do we play him and hope he is available for the Chelski game or do we rest him and slot Bassong in next to Gallas (and to be fair he did well when coming on at the weekend)?

Oh and I'd rest Parker pre-Christmas, won't happen but that's just me (I'd actually have rested him v Bolton) :whistle:

I wouldn't be surprised if we went 3-5-2 to start as we left off... Especially at home.

I'd tries and give is a nice 2-0 lead and then tighten up in the second half... By which I mean take off a striker and bring on Lennon so Walker can drop back, take bassong off for benny and bale can go forward... This would throw them completely

drwinston001 said:
I'd still expect us to play 4411 or 442. Either way vdV will start unless injured. It'll be Defoe or Lennon who will miss out.

Very harsh on Lennon being subbed yesterday, he had the beating of Woody and got him booked. Thought he was our one bright spark in the first half, hope this doesn't knock his confidence.

I didn't say this in the Stoke thread and we lost, so I'm going to say it now.

Lets pull their trousers down and give them a fucking good raping

Back
Top Bottom