Sunderland (home) Ghost of Chimbonda derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just seen that too, fuck that celebrating was funny yet embarrassing and we all took part.

:avbfacepalm:

Just seen that too, fuck that celebrating was funny yet embarrassing and we all took part.

:avbfacepalm:

and it turns out Sugarlump was the perpetrator!! What a dick.

Not as embarrassing as the array of shit shades at WHL today though. Fucking oakley pricks, youre not on your bike now you PRICK!!!!.

As for the cunt in the "RUN BAE" tshirt???

Shocking scenes.

and it turns out Sugarlump was the perpetrator!! What a dick.

Not as embarrassing as the array of shit shades at WHL today though. Fucking oakley pricks, youre not on your bike now you PRICK!!!!.

As for the cunt in the "RUN BAE" tshirt???

Shocking scenes.

Caught that as well. Crowd went nuts for a few seconds. I was watching both games simultaneously and was praying that my telivision was on a 30 second delay. No such luck.

Cue the shocked look of WHL a few seconds later.

Last season we had such a massive lead an were even 2-0 up at their place. Now tHAT was blowing it.

I have no idea how one is blowing it, and the other isnt.

After we lost at their place last year we were 7pts clear of them too. I dont see how them taking more than double the points we took from the following 7 games isnt capitulation on our part.

Im totally behind AVB, but why pretend our form after we beat Woolwich was not a problem? It cost us 4th.

Some people are even pretending they had 2 games in hand

:avbcringe:

I'm not going to deny I'm disappointed at the final table, but I can't blame AVB for anything. He did a fantastic job with what he was given, what he inherited.

Bales goals have papered over a lot of what would have been poor results and we have we let an awful lot of winning positions slip.

So whilst there was over the top slagging of Harry and now it seems to have gone full circle and people are giving AVB far to much praise.

Jury is still out for me.

IMO our form after Spurs v Woolwich this season is the same as it was before, we have been consistent across the whole season, pretty much. Pretty sure Woolwich didn't have such a good ru-in last season, while we capitulated with a draw at Villa and losing most of the other games. And that's the difference between this season and last. Can't remember us showing the form to beat City 3:1 last season, and getting a draw at Chavs, or Woolwich taking so many of their last 21 points. Last time we just folded for the last 7 games.

I expect Sammy will reel out some stats he spend ages poring over to prove me wrong, but meh, that's how I see it.

If it were to come down to season-changing moments though, that time when Bale was stepping up to take the added time free kick at Chavs, that would be up there.

IMO our form after Spurs v Woolwich this season is the same as it was before, we have been consistent across the whole season, pretty much. Pretty sure Woolwich didn't have such a good ru-in last season, while we capitulated with a draw at Villa and losing most of the other games. And that's the difference between this season and last. Can't remember us showing the form to beat City 3:1 last season, and getting a draw at Chavs, or Woolwich taking so many of their last 21 points. Last time we just folded for the last 7 games..

But we had a fantastic start last season.

Either way we still played 38 games.

The order the results come in is irrelevant when you total up the points and compare totals against your rivals, so all this back slapping for 72 points is cobblers... We finished 5th and not even by way of goal difference.

I'm not sure how that's us throwing it away, more like them upping their game.
We should be asking how a team that can average that kind of rate didn't—at any point in the season—seem like title contenders. They were on pace for 99 points! Suck on that, Fergie!

I'm not sure how that's us throwing it away, more like them upping their game.

Again, we were 7pts clear. They upped their game, and we didnt. We threw away a 7pt point lead over them, and dress it up and describe any way you choose to, but the simple fact is, if we didnt throw it away, we would have finished above them.

If Woolwich upped and improved their form, and we went out and lost or drew games we needed to win to stay in front of them, shall we sit here and say it was beyond our control? Cos arse played well in their games?

Didnt hear people saying that last season.

Club decision, didnt want the distraction for the players....

Yeah Alan fucking Sugar was providing enough distraction! at least it would've saved many 20 minutes of fucking simply not knowing...

some older guy near me in the Park Lane was ADAMANT it was still 1-0, and I was thinking; "How do YOU know...? you're old, you haven't got a smart phone... you're clearly not trending on twitter you old fool... look at all those 'ITKs' up in the East Stand, with their ONLINE HOTLINE TO TRUTH... THEY know the score!"

well it seems THEY didn't... 'cos they believed any old guff that Alan Sugar says on Twatter.... looks like the Old guy called it before any of the 'young'uns'!

Again, we were 7pts clear. They upped their game, and we didnt. We threw away a 7pt point lead over them, and dress it up and describe any way you choose to, but the simple fact is, if we didnt throw it away, we would have finished above them.

If Woolwich upped and improved their form, and we went out and lost or drew games we needed to win to stay in front of them, shall we sit here and say it was beyond our control? Cos arse played well in their games?

Didnt hear people saying that last season.
http://www.hark.com/clips/zbfhxysrdc-you-want-the-impossible

But we had a fantastic start last season.

Either way we still played 38 games.

The order the results come in is irrelevant when you total up the points and compare totals against your rivals, so all this back slapping for 72 points is cobblers... We finished 5th and not even by way of goal difference.

The best argument yet for NOT shouting down the supposed 'knee-jerkers' when we lose at home to Wigan early on in the season.
A result is a result... dropped points are still dropped points whether it's first game or last (interesting side note; OUR first dropped points were away at Newcastle... and lookey-look who was there picking up all 3 on the LAST day... vicious irony!)

The only difference with end-of-season games is the level of commitment certain teams show, when there is little or nothing to play for... 'Playing for Pride' is often trotted out, but really, when you've saved yourself from relegation the week before, and lost 0-3, 0-6 in your last 2 home games... ANYTHING is better than that (even losing 4-0, eh Pardew...? which is why e probably said it! Chapped-lipped philandering cunt!)

IMO our form after Spurs v Woolwich this season is the same as it was before, we have been consistent across the whole season, pretty much. Pretty sure Woolwich didn't have such a good ru-in last season, while we capitulated with a draw at Villa and losing most of the other games. And that's the difference between this season and last. Can't remember us showing the form to beat City 3:1 last season, and getting a draw at Chavs, or Woolwich taking so many of their last 21 points. Last time we just folded for the last 7 games.

I dont understand a couple of notions in this view.

1) That last season we threw it away, but this season we didnt. You say we capitulated at Villa, but ignore the shit performance at home to Fulham, the poor display against Everton and being played off the park at Wigan and luckily getting a last minute own goal to salvage a point. Or how about the defensive comedy circus act at Anfield that gifted Pool the points. Thats not throwing it away? How is that different?

2) The dismissing of those performances and results by saying Woolwich found great form? Surely thats the point of proving you are the better team right? To win the games you need to in order to finish above your rivals?

People seem to forget we actually finished 4th last season.

A days reflection has taken place and I am far happier than I was yesterday. If any other team had the amount of injuries we had to players of equal importance to their respective teams they would not have done half as well as we have. Think the main way to keep everything in perspective is to look where we were pre season last year. Lost our best player who directed our style in Modric, we lost probably our most maverick and prolific goalscorer in VDV, we lost our Captain and talisman Ledley King, and our handsome factor went down a thousand with :krancjar: : :( on the plus our players player of the season Kaboul looked set to take over as captain, Parker, BAE and Adebayor all fighting over that best player accolade last year also. Our signing of Ade obviously left our striker problem as a thing of the past as well if his loan year was anything to go by. And somehow through form and injury Ade BAE and Parker have been off the pace largely. Kaboul out for the season, our best two players in the first half of the season Sandro and Dembele both suffered injuries the former which left a permanent massive hole which a fully fit Parker has struggled to fill. Lennon and Defoe have been marred throughout by form destroying niggling knocks. Add to this insufficient cover of our front three and the many many extra games which the Europa league brought (something that Redknapp didn't handle). All this with the small matter of a completely new manager, coaching staff, formation and philosophy. As a transitional season this has been fucking magnificent. I understand and share the frustrations of missing out on fourth in such an inevitabley heartbreaking way but fuck me look what we've done with such a dysfunctional season in terms of form, player losses and injury. I'm ridiculously positive for next season and our team and coaching staff as a whole. I love the fact we're doing it 'right' and not fucking oiling ourself new players or living in the past celebrating finishing a point above us more than you would an unbeaten season. There is so much fucking glory in the near future if we stick with AVB and a certain mister Bale believes in his abilities which im 100% he does. Fuck melting, fuck Woolwich and they're ever diminishing expectations, we're on the up and shits getting real. All we need is that cunt luck to give us five minutes of its precious time, slimy bastard. COYS :king:

Back
Top Bottom