Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If that is the back four we can put out then I expect to win this professionally, 2 or 3 nil. But if we have to play Wimmer or Davies then it will be closer. I'd say we'd win by a single goal.
It is pretty bad if a CB or LB makes a 1-2 goal difference. I almost don't want to risk Alderweireld this game because I feel he is worth at least 5-10 points if he aggravates his hammy and is subpar the rest of the year.

-----------------------Lloris--------------
-----Dier----Alderwiereld---Davies-----
Walker--------------------------------------Rose
------------Wanyama--Dembele-----------
---------------Eriksen-------Alli---------------
--------------------------Kane-------------------

If we get the early goal then I could see it being 4-0, but the longer it stays 0-0 the more the crowd will get into it and think they'll get something.

No Van Anholt is big for them, plus Dodgybodgy is banned, Kone might not be back so it could be O'Shea and Lescott at the back for them.

-----------------------Lloris--------------
-----Dier----Alderwiereld---Davies-----
Walker--------------------------------------Rose
------------Wanyama--Dembele-----------
---------------Eriksen-------Alli---------------
--------------------------Kane-------------------

If we get the early goal then I could see it being 4-0, but the longer it stays 0-0 the more the crowd will get into it and think they'll get something.

No Van Anholt is big for them, plus Dodgybodgy is banned, Kone might not be back so it could be O'Shea and Lescott at the back for them.

The team I would put out. This is the perfect time to play them because they don't have all their players but also it's not so deep into the season that they will necessarily feel like they are backed into a corner fighting for their PL life.

.....4-4-2 for this one (it would suit Wimmer better if he has to play). he doesn't seem right at the moment- off form big time. I would throw Carter-Vickers instead and give him a proper start.
Poch will want (expect) all 3 points so strongest team available. There is no reason why Alderweield shouldn't play if fit. No mistakes, play to our best, there is no reason why we shouldn't win this.
Team almost picks itself...Just the formation will change. If Alderweiteld is out and no Wimmer, could play 3 and stick in Winks in the middle of Son and Erikson.

...................Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Dier Rose
.......Dembele ..Wayama
.Erikson ..... ..............Son
....................Alli
.........................Kane

Saturday was good, Saturday was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
Untitled_1.png
:levyeyes:

I just hope Alan Shearer and the press allow Poch to pick whatever player in his squad, who are paid massive amounts of money by the club, that he wants.

I mean, god forbid we play the likes of Wimmer, Davies or Sissoko. Imagine if he brings on Janssen....what a fucking disrespect to the PL and a slap in the face to the fans that would be.

Doesnt he know that a squad is 11 players only. You have to play that same 11 every week.....would have been much fairer to the magic of the FA Cup if we went full strength and smashed plucky Wycombe 11-0 wouldnt it.

Rant over

:bmj:

It's back to being a MUST WIN again i'm afraid, simply 'cos of those Cunty-McCunt faces refusing to drop points at home to Burnley last week, staring a draw in the face may well have given their 'unnatural' confidence levels a dent! ...yet they didn't (they never fucking do) and the onus is on us(!) to at least match, and hopefully, somehow better their result against Watford... if they drop points (something i'm not holding my breath for!) then yes, we have some leeway, but seeing as they probably won't, neither can we.

That's life at the business end of the Prem I guess!!

I just hope Alan Shearer and the press allow Poch to pick whatever player in his squad, who are paid massive amounts of money by the club, that he wants.

I mean, god forbid we play the likes of Wimmer, Davies or Sissoko. Imagine if he brings on Janssen....what a fucking disrespect to the PL and a slap in the face to the fans that would be.

Doesnt he know that a squad is 11 players only. You have to play that same 11 every week.....would have been much fairer to the magic of the FA Cup if we went full strength and smashed plucky Wycombe 11-0 wouldnt it.

Rant over

The more players we play, the more we will know.
The more that we learn, the more places we'll go.

Alan Shearer = "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter and does who matter don't mind"? Dr Seuss

Can we just say that every game is a must win.

There are no games more or less important from here on in.
The more players we play, the more we will know.
The more that we learn, the more places we'll go.

Alan Shearer = "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter and does who matter don't mind"? Dr Seuss

Pundits talking about disrespcting the FA Cup, while disrespecting fringe players at every club.

Yeah, how dare Davies get a game against Wycombe wanderers....Sissoko, Son and Janssen cost 70M, but shouldnt play in the cups?

Fucking hell

Can we just say that every game is a must win.

There are no games more or less important from here on in.

Pundits talking about disrespcting the FA Cup, while disrespecting fringe players at every club.

Yeah, how dare Davies get a game against Wycombe wanderers....Sissoko, Son and Janssen cost 70M, but shouldnt play in the cups?

Fucking hell
Totally agree. The modern game is squad rotation. Shearer is trying to be noticed, he is such a boar he gets over looked quite often because he is so bland. . He has to remind everyone, no one can score a goal like him, no one can celebrate a goal like him and no one has the high moral ground like him. He should have gone to Utd and maybe he might have lightened up a little.

Totally agree. The modern game is squad rotation. Shearer is trying to be noticed, he is such a boar he gets over looked quite often because he is so bland. . He has to remind everyone, no one can score a goal like him, no one can celebrate a goal like him and no one has the high moral ground like him. He should have gone to Utd and maybe he might have lightened up a little.

Anyone would think shearers beloved Newcastle got beat by playing a weakened side.......

:avbfacepalm:

Rant over

Totally agree... it's being more disrespectful to Professional athletes at any football club, to totally overlook them 'cos the likes of Alan Shearer prefers some other players who he may have heard of 'cos they're more Famouser!

What's the point of having any more than the bare minimum at a club then? 11 players, plus the subs. That's it. They should introduce a players number cap if they're so bothered...
that means there will be less room at clubs who aren't willing to accommodate bigger squads, and therefore more players will be released, thrown on the scrapheap, and have to play at a lower level... but that's OK, cos when that lower league team gets drawn against a Top 4 club, they can pit their wits against 11 (and only 11) players at the top of their game... except they won't be, 'cos they'll all be knackered from having to play every minute of every game 'cos Alan Shearer doesn't like them being left out!

so maybe that would even up the playing field a little...

A team of lower league cloggers not good enough for the Prem vs.a team of highly talented, exhausted 'famous' players!!

Back
Top Bottom