Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched the game last night and I actually thought Sunderland were good value for the point, JD was making half chances and Borini should have scored whereas I would say the only proper chance we had was the wanyama header.

A bit of a lackluster performance but we move on hopefully Rose is ok for the boro game a win there and we are still well in the mix for the champions league next year.

In my opinion the league has been done and dusted ever since chelsea got the 7 point lead over us what this Spurs team need is a trophy I think the main priority should be the FA Cup which is well within our reach this year.

I'm still of the opinion that with a different ref (hello Mike Dean Mike Dean ) we would have won that game.

It was very similar to West Brom away last year, where the opposition are allowed to kick the shit out of us and it just stops us playing. The pattern of the game was going in our favour until Rose and Dembele both got crocked.

I've been saying for some time now we're just lacking a top notch creative midfielder to give our attack that extra dimension, I like Eriksen but he has yet to convince at a consistent level. Lets just enjoy the fact we're now consistent challengers for the top 4, some big teams will lose out this year and hopefully it won't be us.

Eriksen has been involved in more goals than the likes of Ozil and Hazard. He's statistically the most creative midfielder in the league. How much more consistency would you like from him?

I felt sorry for Wanyama and Dembele yesterday. Those two are the ones which allow us to play with so much freedom in the last third and make it possible to play our full backs offensively.

Kane, Dele and Son weren't clicking yesterday. When they are having a bad day, we are naturally finding it hard to create any chances.

I can't remember having Wanyama or Dembele having a real off day. Kudos to them.

Payet, Depay, Toure (when he doesn't fancy it), Ozil (when he decides he cant be arsed to make a challenge and moves out the way)

Eriksen, Alli, Son, Kane, Lamela, Dembele. Take your pick. We have a lot of players capable of doing what is being asked.

Everyone is battering on like every time we face a team not in the top 6 we should be winning. This isn't Scotland. This isn't Spain. It's not Italy and it's not Germany. This is the Premier League. The most competitive league in the world. Sunderland are capable of beating Chelsea on their day. We are sat 2nd because we have so many players capable of producing world class moments, not by some fluke. We don't need a Hazard or an Ozil added to our team because we already have players better than both of them.

:pochfacepalm:

Eriksen has been involved in more goals than the likes of Ozil and Hazard. He's statistically the most creative midfielder in the league. How much more consistency would you like from him?

yeah stats don't really tell you much. i know many on here really like eriksen but i feel he's not as effective as he could be sometimes

yeah stats don't really tell you much. i know many on here really like eriksen but i feel he's not as effective as he could be sometimes

Stats & effectiveness are two things that go hand in hand. What would make him ineffective is having high key pass stats and low assist stats. Something he doesn't have.

Do people really think that Eriksen is only good if he plays more like Hazard, even if that leads to less numbers?
"He didn't get the assist but I like that he went past 3 men before smashing it over the bar."
"I really like how he did 5 step overs before beating his man and crossing it in to nobody"
Seriously, people need to understand that you don't need to play the game like Neymar when you share the same passing range and vision as Xavi. You don't need to run at your man when you have the ball to dance rings around him. The game is about putting the ball in the net, not dribbling the length of 5 pitches before you finally do slot it home.

Except when Eriksen, Kane and Dele all turn up and we call them world class material.......

We have those players. Last night they were poor.

Unless you mean a marquee bench warmer who can come in and is happy to sit there
I'm not saying we dont have worldclass players, each and everyone of them is capable of assists and goals but players like Hazard (to use one) are very rare. He's more consitent then all the others you've mentioned, younger then most too. I know i'm a bit biased for many reasons (having met him and played against his dad - blatant i know) but he's top class and can unlock a defence like the one we've faced yesterday. In the premier league there are only three maybe four players that can do that.

TheJockmur TheJockmur you are deliberatly not understanding what i mean, and you're making a comparison i've not made at all. I'm not asking for Eriksen to play like Hazard (nor am i bashing Eriksen, who plays a very different style), merely pointing out that a player like Hazard is capable of stuff very few others are. And that a player like him can get you out of situations like the one we had yesterday. You do see the talent and the advantage a player so unpredictable can give you, dont you ?

next time you try to indirect, at least read the post

I'm not saying we dont have worldclass players, each and everyone of them is capable of assists and goals but players like Hazard (to use one) are very rare. He's more consitent then all the others you've mentioned, younger then most too. I know i'm a bit biased for many reasons (having met him and played against his dad - blatant i know) but he's top class and can unlock a defence like the one we've faced yesterday. In the premier league there are only three maybe four players that can do that.

TheJockmur TheJockmur you are deliberatly not understanding what i mean, and you're making a comparison i've not made at all. I'm not asking for Eriksen to play like Hazard (nor am i bashing Eriksen, who plays a very different style), merely pointing out that a player like Hazard is capable of stuff very few others are. And that a player like him can get you out of situations like the one we had yesterday. You do see the talent and the advantage a player so unpredictable can give you, dont you ?

next time you try to indirect, at least read the post

Hazard's style of play is almost identical to that of Son's style of play, albeit less selfish. A player of Hazard's ability is a good player. But would I drop Eriksen Lamela or Alli for him? No. I wouldn't. They give us a better balance and I maintain they are all as unpredictable as him. See Lamela's Rabona or Alli's wonder goal last year. We have players who are just as good as Hazard. This is why we are second. It's not some sort of fluke.

Completely agree on all those, they are more luxury type players who show up every now and then.

But Coutinho, Hazard, Sanchez and a few others are a lot more consistent and influential.

Then why is it only one of those players is playing for a team higher in the league than us? If they are so fucking consistent and influential compared to our inconsistent second rate players? Get behind our fucking players instead of sucking off our rivals. You're supposed to be Spurs. Try acting like it.

Hazard's style of play is almost identical to that of Son's style of play, albeit less selfish. A player of Hazard's ability is a good player. But would I drop Eriksen Lamela or Alli for him? No. I wouldn't. They give us a better balance and I maintain they are all as unpredictable as him. See Lamela's Rabona or Alli's wonder goal last year. We have players who are just as good as Hazard. This is why we are second. It's not some sort of fluke.
We are second because we are very well balanced, we have a hungry squad and a top coach. I'm not saying its a fluke at all (where did you get that from), i'm just saying that in these games you often need the brilliance only these players can offer. And i love Son and Lamela but they are not on his level, Alli is a completely different player and offers a threat almost no one else can. He's not very fast, not very powerful but he has that gift of reading the ball and the way he runs and takes up positions is just textbook stuff. Every aspiring midfielder should watch alli constantly.

We are second because we are very well balanced, we have a hungry squad and a top coach. I'm not saying its a fluke at all (where did you get that from), i'm just saying that in these games you often need the brilliance only these players can offer. And i love Son and Lamela but they are not on his level, Alli is a completely different player and offers a threat almost no one else can. He's not very fast, not very powerful but he has that gift of reading the ball and the way he runs and takes up positions is just textbook stuff. Every aspiring midfielder should watch alli constantly.

I couldn't disagree more that we don't have players of Hazards level. If that's how you feel, fine. But I really disagree with you and our league form over the last 24 months shows it.

Then why is it only one of those players is playing for a team higher in the league than us? If they are so fucking consistent and influential compared to our inconsistent second rate players? Get behind our fucking players instead of sucking off our rivals. You're supposed to be Spurs. Try acting like it.
Go fuck yourself you pedantic little prick , you put words in my mouth and i haven't slagged of one of our players in my posts. I say nothing about consistency from ours(i was referring to the players in Sammy's post), nor do i say second rate.

You want to ride your high i'm a true spurs fan horse, good on you. I hope you fall down and get trampled by it you daft cunt. Appreciating talent in football is apparently a crime. Try picking a fight with someone who actually slags of players

cunt

Back
Top Bottom