Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just about finishing this doc on Sunderland, it's well worth a watch. Some real heroes and villains. A lot of access - Coleman seems like a nice guy but surely there's more to the story about why he took that job, seems a bizarre one.

Always preferred them to their skunk neighbours and Roker Park was a great old ground. Hailstones the size of bricks in August in Seaburn.

In my experience as someone who has relations up there the most friendliest fans in the NE

Certainly don’t deserve the shit storm they’re getting

Still remember the 1973 cup final as I was desperate for Leeds to lose
Hated Don Revie

Binged it the last couple of days.

The Rodwell thing: I understand the dislike of him, but it's not his fault that club offered him that wage. It's his career after all. If they think he's stealing a living play him then? Was he injured or not turning up for training or something?

Also, some of the people, especially those that worked at the club seem like genuinely nice people, so I really feel for them after suffering 2 demotions in 2 seasons. I have met 1 Sunderland fan in my whole life, however, and he's the mouthiest cunt I think I've ever met so fuck him and I hope he's miserable.

Halfway through the documentary now just watching some of the defeats remind me so much of us from 97-04, of course we were not as bad but there was just some really shit football at times and you knew even some average sides would give us hell, even at home. At 1-0 you were always just waiting for the opposition to equalise

So glad that all seems a distant memory now, of course we lose odd game but people who remember that time will remember that feeling, the pit in the stomach that we were hopeless for long periods, awful

Loved this quote from the Episode I saw yesterday:

Regarding Chris Coleman after his appointment
"I think Chris will be a major milestone for Sunderland in years to come"

:dembelelol:

I binged over Christmas. Car crash TV. I had to watch the Simon Grayson team speech through my fingers, and I wanted to shout at the alleged scouts who were uninterested in some talent because he wore gloves in the cold. I felt sorry for the fans for putting up with that nonsense week on week. They're a club with some proper history, even if little of it is recent. I'm glad they are doing better and hope they get back up.

I too binged on the Sunderland documentary over Christmas. I felt a degree of smug satisfaction at their plight. Mainly because of how it felt back in the 90’s to be on the end of the Quinn & Phillips partnership and being Spurs, losing as we did to Sunderland was fucking awful. I know we had some decent results there, but overtime I always felt a sense of doom going to the North East for an away day defeat - I dislike Middlesbrough and Newcastle for similar insane reasons. It was not their fault we were crap and to be fair I never HAD to go !

Back to the documentary, it’s great TV and sad in places to watch. The club matters so much to so many but it was a shit show on the pitch no matter what they did. I think they could have had Poch in charge and still gone down.

Sunderlands new owner is as old as 23. Crazy days

1040_v9_bb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom