Support for tables in posts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rocket

Supporter
Hi Admin Admin , I was wondering if there was an add on available to the forum which would allow users to create a table in their posts. In my short time here I would have found it useful on a few occasions.
Just the ability to have x number of columns with headers and then fill in the detail manually.

The Champions League Campaign thread where the OP had to screen shot each group table, crop it, save it, upload it and link it made me think of this again.

I'm pretty sure it would have been quicker for him just to type the relevant info into a table code generator. Would probably look better and possibly be less load for the server too?

Just a thought.

Hi Admin Admin , I was wondering if there was an add on available to the forum which would allow users to create a table in their posts. In my short time here I would have found it useful on a few occasions.
Just the ability to have x number of columns with headers and then fill in the detail manually.

The Champions League Campaign thread where the OP had to screen shot each group table, crop it, save it, upload it and link it made me think of this again.

I'm pretty sure it would have been quicker for him just to type the relevant info into a table code generator. Would probably look better and possibly be less load for the server too?

Just a thought.
I think this gets suggested quite a bit on the forum software site. As far as I know, it's not that easy to implement though. Everything needs to be done through the forum BBCode. So I've added a plugin that does it but it's not exactly easy to use. You'd need some knowledge of html tables to use it.

This is a header cellThis is a header cell
[TR1][TD]This is a left aligned cell[/TD][TD1]This is a centre aligned cell[/TD1][/TR1][TR2][TD2]This is a right aligned cell[/TD2][TD]Left aligned[/TD][/TR2][TR1][TD1]Centre aligned[/TD1][TD2]Right aligned[/TD2][/TR1]

Code:
[TABLE][TR][TH]This is a header cell[/TH][TH]This is a header cell[/TH][/TR][TR1][TD]This is a left aligned cell[/TD][TD1]This is a centre aligned cell[/TD1][/TR1][TR2][TD2]This is a right aligned cell[/TD2][TD]Left aligned[/TD][/TR2][TR1][TD1]Centre aligned[/TD1][TD2]Right aligned[/TD2][/TR1][/TABLE]

Last edited:
I think this gets suggested quite a bit on the forum software site. As far as I know, it's not that easy to implement though. Everything needs to be done through the forum BBCode. So I've added a plugin that does it but it's not exactly easy to use. You'd need some knowledge of html tables to use it.

[TR1][TD]This is a cell[/TD][TD1]This is a cell[/TD1][/TR1][TR1][TD2]This is a cell[/TD2][TD]This is a cell[/TD][/TR1][TR2][TD1]This is a cell[/TD1][TD2]This is a cell[/TD2][/TR2]

Code:
[TABLE][TR][TH]This is a header cell[/TH][TH]This is a header cell[/TH][/TR][TR1][TD]This is a cell[/TD][TD1]This is a cell[/TD1][/TR1][TR2][TD2]This is a cell[/TD2][TD]This is a cell[/TD][/TR2][TR1][TD1]This is a cell[/TD1][TD2]This is a cell[/TD2][/TR1][/TABLE]

PLAYERSQUAD NUMBER
Hugo Lloris
Danny "Cunt" Rose
[TD1]1[/TD1]
[TR2][TD]Keiran Trippier[/TD][TD1]2[/TD1][/TR2]
[TD1]3[/TD1]

Hmm, not going to pretend I understand exactly what the tags do, but it does work. Having tried it I think the print screen, crop, save, upload, link method might be quicker!
:dembelelol:

Last edited:

[TR1][TD]This is a left aligned cell[/TD][TD1]This is a centre aligned cell[/TD1][/TR1][TR2][TD2]This is a right aligned cell[/TD2][TD]Left aligned[/TD][/TR2][TR1][TD1]Centre aligned[/TD1][TD2]Right aligned[/TD2][/TR1]

Code:
[TABLE][TR][TH]This is a header cell[/TH][TH]This is a header cell[/TH][/TR][TR1][TD]This is a left aligned cell[/TD][TD1]This is a centre aligned cell[/TD1][/TR1][TR2][TD2]This is a right aligned cell[/TD2][TD]Left aligned[/TD][/TR2][TR1][TD1]Centre aligned[/TD1][TD2]Right aligned[/TD2][/TR1][/TABLE]

Whats the difference between TR, TR1 and TR2?

I think by numbering them, the row's are styled to have a different background colour. Odd/even numbers.

Yes, that's it, TR - Not sure what that does, TR1 is White background, TR2 is Grey background.

Thanks Case.
I'm sure I'll make use of this at some point even if nobody else does!

Pretty easy once you figure out the code.

0106117_PE253936_S5.JPG

D662-50-SW-P1-KO

table_PNG7000.png

Back
Top Bottom