Supporters Trust Demands Meeting with Board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

244014873_277550594372429_2027166043189759391_n.jpg

Look who turned up tonight for the meeting. Some say he is positive that talks will go well and they'll see his side of things.

I’m glad that the trust does these things and tries to hold the club accountable, but ultimately the answers are always the same.

Q) Why aren’t you spending more? A) Well actually we’ve just spent 80m in the summer window including 47m on a CB, that’s quite a significant sum, don’t you think? Transfers are very difficult, especially in this market
Q) Why are the ticket prices so high? A) Actually you’ll find that the rates are quite competitive considering the quality of the competition and the local market we operate in.
Q) Why is the team so shit? A) Well we’re all disappointed in the current results and working very hard to get it turned around.

It’s all dodges, obfuscations, and half truths. We conduct the same ritual every two-ish years and it’s always the same.

Ultimately, you see it up and down the country at numerous clubs Woolwich, Newcastle, Villa, etc. that fans have very little power to impact a club’s level of ambition or alter the treatment of fans. The only way to really get their attention is to hit their pocketbook, but one of the crucial parts of fandom is loyalty. Plus, it hardly seems a fair trade to give up something you love because a bunch of nameless and faceless suited cunts are running it into the ground.

If the whole fan base isn’t united behind what essentially would have to be a boycott, they’ll still make their money anyway. Even then that might not be enough, it’s not like you’re going to corporate box types and tourists on board with you.

We know they don’t give a toss who fill the seats, hell during the ESL debacle they practically went as far to say they’d be pleased if there were fewer gobby “legacy fans” attending. There‘s just not a lot to be realistically done. Though I respect the trust for trying.

Last edited:
I’m glad that the trust does these things and tries to joke the club accountable, but ultimately the answers are always the same.

Q) Why aren’t you spending more? A) Well actually we’ve just spent 80m in the summer window including 47m on a CB, that’s quite a significant sum, don’t you think? Transfers are very difficult, especially in this market
Q) Why are the ticket prices so high? A) Actually you’ll find that the rates are quite competitive considering the quality of the competition and the local market we operate in.
Q) Why is the team so shit? A) Well we’re all disappointed in the current results and working very hard to get it turned around.

It’s all dodges, obfuscations, and half truths. We conduct the same ritual every two-ish years and it’s always the same.

Ultimately, you see it up and down the country at numerous clubs Woolwich, Newcastle, Villa, etc. that fans have very little power to impact a club’s level of ambition or alter the treatment of fans. The only way to really get their attention is to hit their pocketbook, but ultimately one of the crucial parts of fandom is loyalty. Plus, it hardly seems a fair trade to give up something you love because a bunch of nameless and faceless suited cunts are running it into the ground.

If the whole fan base isn’t united behind what essentially would have to be a boycott, they’ll still make their money anyway. Even then that might not be enough, it’s not like you’re going to corporate box types and tourists on board with you.

We know they don’t give a toss who fill the seats, hell during the ESL debacle they practically went as far to say they’d be pleased if there were fewer gobby “legacy fans” attending. There‘s just not a lot to be realistically done. Though I respect the trust for trying.
Reading this has made me very sad now

:memeokay:

Last edited:
I’m glad that the trust does these things and tries to joke the club accountable, but ultimately the answers are always the same.

Ultimately, you see it up and down the country at numerous clubs Woolwich, Newcastle, Villa, etc. that fans have very little power to impact a club’s level of ambition or alter the treatment of fans. The only way to really get their attention is to hit their pocketbook, but ultimately one of the crucial parts of fandom is loyalty. Plus, it hardly seems a fair trade to give up something you love because a bunch of nameless and faceless suited cunts are running it into the ground.

Add in the club will throw in some token gesture to season ticket holders and the trust will bend over backwards thanking them because that is really all the supporters trust really gives a damn about is getting things that benefit them as season ticket holders.

I’m glad that the trust does these things and tries to hold the club accountable, but ultimately the answers are always the same.

Ultimately, you see it up and down the country at numerous clubs Woolwich, Newcastle, Villa, etc. that fans have very little power to impact a club’s level of ambition or alter the treatment of fans. The only way to really get their attention is to hit their pocketbook, but one of the crucial parts of fandom is loyalty. Plus, it hardly seems a fair trade to give up something you love because a bunch of nameless and faceless suited cunts are running it into the ground.

Bingo. As someone who only spent a few years in England it's really hard to see what the trust does when it compares to other organizations in other European Clubs/Leagues.

I also hate what I'm about to say:
What the fuck is the point of the actual THST.

They seem to like to think they wield some sort of power over the actual club itself, when my bet is on Levy not giving two fucks what they think. Frankly, I think it's almost delusional.

And gone are the days that the in need local support anymore.
We can fill the stadium, especially when the foreign market opens back up. I bet we could fill just a 1/4 of the seats with Koreans coming over to watch Sonny play alone and that's not being phasescious in any way.

This is all suspiciously moving towards an NFL style model to me.

Q) Why aren’t you spending more?

Because our business model is entirely based on self profit generation no matter how much the asset grows.

Q) Why are the ticket prices so high?

Because we compete against clubs whose boards do invest, so called speculate to accumulate, some legitimately others like City in a dodgy way.

Q) Why is the team so shit?

Because I Daniel Levy am a good businessman but don’t have a fucking clue about football. I fail to back managers like Jol, Redknapp and Poch at key times then sack them and only back managers when the club is on the way down and often managers who are not suitable for the club. I have no plan for how to win at football because I don’t get it.

Seeing him with McManus in the picture really made me think. Considering Lewis background was basically gambling and trading it’s kind of surprising he hasn’t been more cavalier and risk taking as an owner.

Looks frustratingly healthy for an 84 year old
He should do, billionaire living in the Bahamas, probably with the best private medical team money can buy at his disposal.

Not like the average 84 year old in the UK, struggling to cope on their pension or living in a care home being fed cold porridge by moody, immigrants on £9 an hour.

He should do, billionaire living in the Bahamas, probably with the best private medical team money can buy at his disposal.

Not like the average 84 year old in the UK, struggling to cope on their pension or living in a care home being fed cold porridge by moody, immigrants on £9 an hour.
Hope he gets a virulent strain of Delta Covid whilst he’s in the U.K
. :tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom