Supporters Trust Demands Meeting with Board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I pretty well nailed it

It is an NFL stadium and that’s the key message. From the very start during the design phase, we have had the NFL in mind. The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur, but this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside the US.”
It confirms exactly what I said in my previous post.

:sonlol:

Which you doubted!

Last edited:
It confirms exactly what I said in my previous post.

:sonlol:

Which you doubted!
The word “primarily” was not used.

And I’m not sure “anchor tenant” means what you think it means.

Spurs are the centerpiece of ENIC’s sports and entertainment asset portfolio empire, I think any claims to the contrary are missing the point.

The problem is that Levy only cares about and measures his success by that empire’s revenue and growth, believes to his bones it can be maximized without competing at the top end of the footballer market (and is wrong in that), and is only in this business in the first place because of his (not wrong, sadly) belief that football supporters are total suckers who can be ignored and pumped for their money ad infinitum.

The stadium is a fine home for Spurs and will surely be a launching pad for great success under different ownership.

Im clearly talking about the extra cost and overall delay for the NFL pivot. The stadium overall clearly makes sense, does spending an extra 300M for the NFL? Not convinced for two games per season
Does making up a 300m cost make any sense ... 300m on what? a second changing room? making up clearly bogus numbers is not a cogent argument ... the NFL additions did not cost 300m that's just ridiculous.

It's not ill suited for soccer. Nobody has claimed that.
But it was built primarily for NFL, with the aim of eventually landing a permanent NFL franchise.

A football stadium with a 17,000 terraced end was built primarily for the NFL - are you even listening to what you're saying?

So you claim a stadium was built primarily to host two games of NFL a year - on the very slim chance it might get 10 games a year at some point in the distant future - you're insane if you even believe that for a second, get real.

Stadium construction was massively delayed once started and ended up over 1 billion overall - these are all facts
You claimed the muti-field capability delayed the stadium by 2 years and added £500M in debt. That is simply not true.

Construction was delayed largely early by land acquisition issues and laterly by finishes and health & safety permitting. Yes, the costs over ran the budget. Its rare that I ever work in a project that ever meets a schematic level budget...it just doesn't often happen. Have a dig through the internet for conceptual level information on any large construction project and compare published forecasts to actual final costs.

You claimed the muti-field capability delayed the stadium by 2 years and added £500M in debt. That is simply not true.

Construction was delayed largely early by land acquisition issues and laterly by finishes and health & safety permitting. Yes, the costs over ran the budget. Its rare that I ever work in a project that ever meets a schematic level budget...it just doesn't often happen. Have a dig through the internet for conceptual level information on any large construction project and compare published forecasts to actual final costs.
When you use the projected costs from seven years before the build even started, is anyone surprised there was an increase a decade later when it finished? That might be sexy for clickbait media hacks, but anyone with even a modicum of common sense, or any large project experience, knows it's a fairly meaningless comparison. It's good for the haters but not for much else.

There will be a fair few involved in infra on here and frankly we all know why and how projects go horribly wrong.

One of the most significant risks is design change post detail - and its very well publicised that Dan's ego went ott demanding changes constantly after construction started. He thinks the stadium is an asset worth x when the fact is the stadium is fn worthless if we have no team or fans.

The money which funded the stadium construction is predominantly in the form of debt - that means we as a club will now be paying week after week, month after month, year after year for a debt related not to the football on show but the ego of unkle fester. This money he hoped would raise the value of the club and his stock - has made him richer but the club significantly poorer - the man is an employee and should be removed immediately due to gross negligence.

He has totally fckd us and he won't leave till he gets a price which is unrealistic. So we are fckd.

The money which funded the stadium construction is predominantly in the form of debt - that means we as a club will now be paying week after week, month after month, year after year for a debt related not to the football on show but the ego of unkle fester. This money he hoped would raise the value of the club and his stock - has made him richer but the club significantly poorer - the man is an employee and should be removed immediately due to gross negligence.

He has totally fckd us and he won't leave till he gets a price which is unrealistic. So we are fckd.
How is a club whose income has increased from 300m to 500m "significantly poorer" ... if you got a 70% pay rise would you be significantly worse off?

Sure the club has bond payments to meet, less than a tenth of the additional annual revenue, that in anyone's book makes us significantly richer ... think your logic is what's fckd, either that or you simply don't understand the most basic of economics.

But maybe you know something we don't? We've just spent 300m on new players in the last three years, by far the most we've ever invested in our team ... how did we do that if we are "significantly poorer" what do you know that we are all missing here? pray share ...........

No.

Love it though I do, American football is an extremely stupid game. Packed to the gills with national cultural signifiers, and at least in NCAA form dramatic and deeply historically weighted in the way English football is, but the product itself is garbage and unless Europe wants to make scrambled eggs of its youths brains it will never have the participation foothold it does here.
I'm American and used to follow US football but was losing interest. The rules have changed to where now it's just a long afternoon of pitch and catch. Once I retired and watched the World Cup in Moscow I got so wrapped up afterwards in the Premier League now I don't ever watch US football anymore.

I've been out of the loop a bit with what's happened but is it basically this?

THST "We have no right to demand since we really have little to nothing to do with the club, but WE DEMAND THAT DANIEL LEVY MEETS US AND EXPLAINS ALL BIS ACTIONS AND PREDICT THE FUTURE!"

Levy:
seth meyers laughs no GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

How is a club whose income has increased from 300m to 500m "significantly poorer" ... if you got a 70% pay rise would you be significantly worse off?

Sure the club has bond payments to meet, less than a tenth of the additional annual revenue, that in anyone's book makes us significantly richer ... think your logic is what's fckd, either that or you simply don't understand the most basic of economics.

But maybe you know something we don't? We've just spent 300m on new players in the last three years, by far the most we've ever invested in our team ... how did we do that if we are "significantly poorer" what do you know that we are all missing here? pray share ...........
Not the sort of people to take financial advice from, are they?

Don't buy real estate, the debt will make you poor!

It's not ill suited for soccer. Nobody has claimed that.
But it was built primarily for NFL, with the aim of eventually landing a permanent NFL franchise.

These are ENIC's words. Not mine. It's not even up for debate. It's what they said and it's what they meant.

If and when that happens, Tottenham Hotspur FC will very much become the bridesmaid. The anchor tennant servicing the debt while ENIC achieve their stated goal.

I can understand you and others from across the pond being a little naive on the subject.
But how some of the British based fans are still burying their heads in the sand and pretending not to see the blinding obvious is staggering beyond belief.

We're being played like kippers.
It's because a few fans are still believers in the motto in levy we trust which we know we can't.

So you claim a stadium was built primarily to host two games of NFL a year - on the very slim chance it might get 10 games a year at some point in the distant future - you're insane if you even believe that for a second, get real.
No. ENIC said it was designed to be a permanent home for NFL outside the United States.

We're just the anchor tennants servicing their debt as they chase their eventual goal of a permanent NFL franchise.
Are you saying the intention is to limit the stadium to just 2 NFL spectacles a year? That's very naive and foolish, if you don't mind me saying.

You need to understand that these are their words. Not mine.

They referred to us as Anchor Tennants. Not me.

"it is an NFL stadium. That is the key message "

Last edited:
No. ENIC said it designed to be a permanent home for NFL outside the United States.

We're just the anchor tennants as they chase their eventual goal of a permanent NFL franchise.
Are you saying the intention is to limit the stadium to just 2 NFL spectacles a year? That's very naive and foolish, if yoy don't mind me saying.

You need to understand that these are their words. Not mine.

They referred to us as Anchor Tennants. Not me.

READ YOU OWN WORDS

"designed to be a permanent home for NFL outside the United States"

Not designed to be an NFL stadium, obviously it's designed as a football stadium how many NFL stadiums have standing sections and 17,000 terraces? Even you should be able to grasp that concept.

Two games of NFL wouldn't cover the running costs let alone support bond payments, even a full NFL season would barely meet the running costs - the stadium needs the primary income generated by the EPL and the million plus fans who attend - everything else, including the NFL, is a fantastic bonus other clubs can only dream about ... what a bastard that Levy is for making this happen.

Not it wasn’t - once construction started all land was in place - and then it was delayed by another year and blew past the 1 billion mark

If you work in the industry you’ll know for a final/tender estimate BoQ is - and we ran way past that. I do this for a living and Levy cocked this up massively through micro management and NFL bullshit

Not designed to be an NFL stadium, obviously it's designed as a football stadium
No it isn’t - why do you persist on lying?

Official statement from the club

“It is an NFL stadium and that’s the key message. From the very start during the design phase, we have had the NFL in mind. The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur, but this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside the US.”

Fuck me how many times you've got to tell these pricks . That Tennessee retard needs to whistle Dixie and piss off on the Robert E Lee .
That Bangkok Enic cocksucker ladyboy needs putting down to rest in a nut house .

Anchor tenants , (they said it .)
Football don't mean a fuck to them (they said it)
It's made for NFL (they said it)

End of and no more bollocks.

Fuck me how many times you've got to tell these pricks . That Tennessee retard needs to whistle Dixie and piss off on the Robert E Lee .
That Bangkok Enic cocksucker ladyboy needs putting down to rest in a nut house .

"cocksucker ladyboy" racist and sexist how original ... bet you're proud of writing that, do you even realise what a complete cunt that makes you look like? probably not .....

You must be an idiot - we are a first and foremost a football club only a complete moron doesn't know that - why not fuck off and pedal your anti Spurs shit somewhere else? There's being stupid for the sake of pursuing hatred, and there's there's just being a complete cunt ... you are rapidly becoming the latter.

Fuck me how dumb must you be to think that Tottenham Hotspur FOOTBALL CLUB the clue being in the name, are not a football club .. only a complete arsehole would ever think that, is that how you think of yourself? Because I'm pretty sure that apart from the other Spurs hating cunts on here everyone who actually supports the club thinks of you in that way ... what a mumpsimus you are.

Thank goodness for the ignore button - keeps all the dumb cunts out of sight, that now includes you.

Last edited:

Be funny if NFL fades away what with all the head injury controversy.
It won't, but it would be fucking hilarious if Daniel Greedy and ENIC banked on that making them money and then the carpet was pulled up from under their feet.

Back
Top Bottom