Supporters Trust Demands Meeting with Board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely, given the connections of the Trust and the obvious realities of this situation, they might be able to locate some investment and present a cohesive and coherent offer for the football side of the business, rather than do the same pointless bitching and moaning. Far too often they conflate wider football issues with specific Tottenham issues, and it dilutes the effectiveness of what they say. Rocking up at Tottenham to protest about how away fans should only pay £30, when the majority of the home fans pay a lot more than that is frankly one daft thing they do, which definitely distracts from the real question of what is the company’s objective now and in the long term and what is the objective of the football club?

In no universe do the Tavistock group sell all their property assets; the stadium, the training ground, the surrounding infrastructure/property until they have drained that swamp. So the only logical approach I think is to find a way convince them to sell (or part sell) the football side of the business to some entity that has a different objective to making money from property off the back of a football club, even if it is the ego of someone like Everton’s owner that is at least something other than this continuing messy horizon.

The football club is essentially an anchor tenant of the stadium and main user of the training centre, “we” don’t own anything, so why pretend? While the club is a small part of a massive entity like Tavistock it will go nowhere. So take the club away from them.

Really, honestly the Trust must offer something other than another sit down mug off session. It is time to show them what they like to see, money, money that might make them move their arses at least. If Woolwich have people like Henry’s chum sniffing around them, why not Tottenham….

Last edited:
Seeing him with McManus in the picture really made me think. Considering Lewis background was basically gambling and trading it’s kind of surprising he hasn’t been more cavalier and risk taking as an owner.

We are over a billion pounds in debt, the highest in world football....how many more risks do you want him to take?...

Surely, given the connections of the Trust and the obvious realities of this situation, they might be able to locate some investment and and cohesive and coherent offer for the football side of the business.

In no universe do Tavistock group sell all their property assets; the stadium, the training ground, the surrounding infrastructure/property until they have drained that swamp. So the only logical approach is convince them to sell or part sell the football side of the business to some entity that has a different objective to making money from property off the back of a football club.

The football club is essentially an anchor tenant of the stadium and main user of the training centre, “we” don’t own anything….

Something other than another sit down mug off is now necessary and it’s time to show them the money, that might make them move their arses. If Woolwich have people like Henry’s chum sniffing around them, why not Tottenham ?

And here we are.

What we have been saying all along. The FC is nothing but lease taker to be milked.

This is it. 55k plebs in over priced tickets makes no difference to ENIC. The 5k massively expensive corporate seats they now sell (I made up the numbers btw) at £20k a season, that's a different story. Most of those people probably aren't Spurs fans, they're just for bribing clients
True but the brand has to be appealing. If it is utter turd on the pitch it will lose that appeal. And especially so if it was championship football

And here we are.

What we have been saying all along. The FC is nothing but lease taker to be milked.
That’s how it feels. The club has been used to facilitate all the property purchase and development. It’s clever and it’s effective, but it has the impact of undermining the sporting competitiveness of the club.

The way things are, it could be right to assume, ENIC / Tavistock don’t really need the club itself to do anything further. And that’s why we have been reversing up the road for a while.

That’s how it feels. The club has been used to facilitate all the property purchase and development. It’s clever and it’s effective, but it has the impact of undermining the sporting competitiveness of the club.

The way things are, it could be right to assume, ENIC / Tavistock don’t really need the club itself to do anything further. And that’s why we have been reversing up the road for a while.

It's pretty blatant and have been for years.

True but the brand has to be appealing. If it is utter turd on the pitch it will lose that appeal. And especially so if it was championship football
Those box packages include access to Boxing, concerts etc ? If they do, then the home club becomes ever less relevant. You can go to the stadium to watch Guns and Roses and Manchester United. The owners don’t give a fuck who you are here to see as long as you walk through the door.

I agree. But a lot of fans seem stuck and unable to grasp that our emotion towards the club is not shared by the owners. Hence the irrational “we” when there is no “we” in this. Simply them and us. Customers v company. We no more have a status in the company than someone who buys a costa coffee owns part of that company by walking through the door. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely hate it, but it’s not “we” and that’s mostly why the team come up short ( I feel ). Because the objective is not to win. But to make as much money as possible. In fairness here. They do quite well.

We are over a billion pounds in debt, the highest in world football....how many more risks do you want him to take?...

Literally zero risk tbh with current repayment schedule it’s almost water tight even if got relegated the events would cover the repayments. The stadium can virtually stand as a separate entity. A risk is spending £500m on players.

Its worse than that if they get an NFL franchise we're an afterthought of an afterthought....😒

Those box packages include access to Boxing, concerts etc ? If they do, then the home club becomes ever less relevant. You can go to the stadium to watch Guns and Roses and Manchester United. The owners don’t give a fuck who you are here to see as long as you walk through the door.
That’s true but you’d have to say the football would be the largest revenue stream.

THST have demanded a meeting with the board.
They want to know what the plans for the season and beyond are and how the DNA of the club is to be regained.

I'd like to add these points to the agenda
1) How do you intend to repair the damage your actions have done to the club and re-establish THFC as a club top coaches and players want to join.
2) If selling your share of the club and leaving is the only way to repair this damage, why isn't this an option? Continual decline is as bad for Levy/ENIC as it is for fans.
3) How do you explain the decline of the club from title contenders and champions league finalists to relegation fodder that no one wants to touch with a barge pole?
4) How do you feel declining a nine figure sum for a 28 year old who clearly wanted to leave has benefitted THFC and what is the plan now? Especially in a covid environment when we're told continuously that the club don't have the financial power of rivals
I think our esteemed owners have skins like a rhino , sadly that means what the fans or any pressure group thinks will mean sweet FA to them.

Bingo. As someone who only spent a few years in England it's really hard to see what the trust does when it compares to other organizations in other European Clubs/Leagues.

I also hate what I'm about to say:
What the fuck is the point of the actual THST.

They seem to like to think they wield some sort of power over the actual club itself, when my bet is on Levy not giving two fucks what they think. Frankly, I think it's almost delusional.

And gone are the days that the in need local support anymore.
We can fill the stadium, especially when the foreign market opens back up. I bet we could fill just a 1/4 of the seats with Koreans coming over to watch Sonny play alone and that's not being phasescious in any way.

This is all suspiciously moving towards an NFL style model to me.
then we should then aim our frustrations at the trust so we get a decent person as part of their team who won’t accept the bs answers. Someone who will argue the point. Or we March to Lillywhite house at half time and don’t return. Has to be a match that’s covered on tv

It's mesmerising how so many still refuse to see it though. In a constant state of denial. With every piece of evidence that comes to light, the more they close the curtains and withdraw under the blankets.

Their numbers are slowly dwindling, thankfully, but those that remain are becoming more resolute and fanatical the further down the table we slide.

Bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom