Supporters Trust Demands Meeting with Board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

THST have demanded a meeting with the board.
They want to know what the plans for the season and beyond are and how the DNA of the club is to be regained.

I'd like to add these points to the agenda
1) How do you intend to repair the damage your actions have done to the club and re-establish THFC as a club top coaches and players want to join.
2) If selling your share of the club and leaving is the only way to repair this damage, why isn't this an option? Continual decline is as bad for Levy/ENIC as it is for fans.
3) How do you explain the decline of the club from title contenders and champions league finalists to relegation fodder that no one wants to touch with a barge pole?
4) How do you feel declining a nine figure sum for a 28 year old who clearly wanted to leave has benefitted THFC and what is the plan now? Especially in a covid environment when we're told continuously that the club don't have the financial power of rivals

They want to know what the plans for the season and beyond are and how the DNA of the club is to be regained.

1) How do you intend to repair the damage your actions have done to the club and re-establish THFC as a club top coaches and players want to join.
2) If selling your share of the club and leaving is the only way to repair this damage, why isn't this an option? Continual decline is as bad for Levy/ENIC as it is for fans.
3) How do you explain the decline of the club from title contenders and champions league finalists to relegation fodder that no one wants to touch with a barge pole?
4) How do you feel declining a nine figure sum for a 28 year old who clearly wanted to leave has benefitted THFC and what is the plan now? Especially in a covid environment when we're told continuously that the club don't have the financial power of rivals
I'd like to ask them when they intend to reduce ticket prices. If we are going to be a mid table team I'll suck it up, but they need to change the prices to reflect the lack of ambition.

I'd like to ask them when they intend to reduce ticket prices. If we are going to be a mid table team I'll suck it up, but they need to change the prices to reflect the lack of ambition.
I ain't paying another £1,200 next year for this fucking shit that's for sure.
Nor am I spending 6 hours of my day going to and from the game to see us bottle it.

I'm sick of this selective, romantic DNA thing that gets bandied about, the myth that we're known the world over for our free-flowing attackattackattack doing-things-in-style approach to the game.

Yes, that's part of it, the part we fans cling to. It's by no means all.

Here are some other strands that are just as woven into Tottenham Hotspur's genetic code it seems, things that have shown their ugly head again and again over the nearly fifty years I've followed us...

• Having a spine that has all the durability of jelly. Often a near absence of a "roll-up-your sleeves-and-fight mentality". Compare us to our rivals, yes, very much including Arsen*l, and see how we stand up. The reason the "Lads, it's Tottenham" jibe hurts is because we all know it's true
• Treating coaches, players like garbage
• Treating fans even worse. Not listening, ignoring our concerns, a complete lack of transparency etc.
• Not looking to build on our successes
• An underlying low self-esteem, "plucky li'l Tottenham"
• NOT Daring to Do

Obviously not all of this is on Levy/ENIC, but that's the DNA I most see them remaining faithful to

They'll just be fobbed off with vague answers and excuses. Pointless meeting with them. If this is the promised return to the club's DNA, anything they say is just bollox

The time for action has never been more ripe.

I sit (would sit if I went this week) behind one of those glass barriers. Might have to have a sign of discontent hanging.
Then again, might get my head twisted off by one of his SS stewards.

Levy: but I already did a video for the shit eaters! How dare they! Fake news! Anyway, forget about that and bring your mates to the villa game then we'll talk.

Edit: I can't say I'm that impressed with the trust but I'd pay the price of a villa ticket to see levy squirm under questioning of this variety.

Last edited:
Levy: but I already did a video for the shit eaters! How dare they! Fake news! Anyway, forget about that and bring your mates to the villa game then we'll talk.

Daniel Vladimir Saddam Che Levy steps up to the mike.
"Ladies and gentleman, if you all look under your seats you will find a gas mask like the one I'm holding, please put this on now to protect yourself from gas coming from the sprinklers that delayed the stadium opening"
Oh, they're not there? Silly me!

I'm sick of this selective, romantic DNA thing that gets bandied about, the myth that we're known the world over for our free-flowing attackattackattack doing-things-in-style approach to the game.

Yes, that's part of it, the part we fans cling to. It's by no means all.

Here are some other strands that are just as woven into Tottenham Hotspur's genetic code it seems, things that have shown their ugly head again and again over the nearly fifty years I've followed us...

• Having a spine that has all the durability of jelly. Often a near absence of a "roll-up-your sleeves-and-fight mentality". Compare us to our rivals, yes, very much including Arsen*l, and see how we stand up. The reason the "Lads, it's Tottenham" jibe hurts is because we all know it's true
• Treating coaches, players like garbage
• Treating fans even worse. Not listening, ignoring our concerns, a complete lack of transparency etc.
• Not looking to build on our successes
• An underlying low self-esteem, "plucky li'l Tottenham"
• NOT Daring to Do

Obviously not all of this is on Levy/ENIC, but that's the DNA I most see them remaining faithful to
A huge part of this problem also is that we have a significant chunk of our fanbase that seem to love the "plucky little Tottenham" mentality, they are just happy with the mediocre and will defend this ownership and the lack of ambition it shows until the day they die.

It's sad watching so many of them just happy with paying for and watching these owners turn us into a corporate entertainment company and let the football side of the operation fall off of a cliff, they CELEBRATE our financial gains rather than our results, these people are not supporters of this club, they are supporters of the ownership.

I agree with every other thing you have said as well mate, it's really sad to see the club in its current state.

These Trust dorks always pipe up when things are going poorly.

A couple of wins and they suddenly disappear back into their rabbit-hutches. Good luck getting that meeting though i'm pretty sure it's near the bottom of Levy's current agenda. I'm sure his PA is drafting some bullshit email to them as we speak..

5) Why have they lied about that elusive aMbItIoN for 20 years, and used it with a straight face as leverage for some of the most expensive ticket prices in the league, when really it's just financing ENICs real estate developments?

A huge part of this problem also is that we have a significant chunk of our fanbase that seem to love the "plucky little Tottenham" mentality, they are just happy with the mediocre and will defend this ownership and the lack of ambition it shows until the day they die.

It's sad watching so many of them just happy with paying for and watching these owners turn us into a corporate entertainment company and let the football side of the operation fall off of a cliff, they CELEBRATE our financial gains rather than our results, these people are not supporters of this club, they are supporters of the ownership.

I agree with every other thing you have said as well mate, it's really sad to see the club in its current state.

Bingo.

I blaime the transfer market over-focus and the football managment game.

It's as if they are more interested in bragging about the owners wheeling and dealing, rather than the football.

This is it. 55k plebs in over priced tickets makes no difference to ENIC. The 5k massively expensive corporate seats they now sell (I made up the numbers btw) at £20k a season, that's a different story. Most of those people probably aren't Spurs fans, they're just for bribing clients

The whole concept of Tottenham's DNA and how we strive to get back to that is a laugh. If Spurs hired a manager that had a free flowing and attacking game plan yet we finished mid table year after year, we wouldn't accept that and he would be sacked. Winning games is the only thing that matters in the end. I'm not saying we should accept Jose ball, but focusing on "DNA" is taking away from the actual crux of the problem which is the club is in a free fall and that's not because we don't play beautiful daring football.

at least someone will beable to ask him the questions
no-one on the board will ask those questions as they are on to a nice little earner

Back
Top Bottom