Supporters Trust Demands Meeting with Board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be able to host anything from Football, to NFL, to Boxing, to Music, it takes a lot of compromise. It's a jack of all trades and a master of none as a result.
And absolutely no doubt, we could have built a more simple stadium, for half the cost, in a fraction of the time if the sole aim was to increase capacity and have a few nice corporate lounges.

But Daniel Greedy kept getting Greedier and as a result, it took longer, cost more (debt) and potentially sucked the soul out of the football side.
That would be applicable if the stadium was shit but I don’t think anyone has any complaints about the quality of the stadium when used for football. Easily the beat stadium in the UK by some margin.

I think they’ve executed everything pretty perfectly tbh and that asset will be a solid revenue stream for years to come outside of football.

There is however, a horrible feeling in the back of my mind that Levy and ENIC will try and somehow turn that into an ENIC asset, not a Tottenham one come sale time and try to lease the stadium to the club moving forwards, maximising profit for themselves. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

That would be applicable if the stadium was shit but I don’t think anyone has any complaints about the quality of the stadium when used for football. Easily the beat stadium in the UK by some margin.

I think they’ve executed everything pretty perfectly tbh and that asset will be a solid revenue stream for years to come outside of football.

There is however, a horrible feeling in the back of my mind that Levy and ENIC will try and somehow turn that into an ENIC asset, not a Tottenham one come sale time and try to lease the stadium to the club moving forwards, maximising profit for themselves. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.
What is it best at?

It's shiney and new and pretty.
But what about it makes it better than anything else.

To be able to host anything from Football, to NFL, to Boxing, to Music, it takes a lot of compromise. It's a jack of all trades and a master of none as a result.

The words of a fool - please stop with the whining - you the utter moron versus the views from the professionals

• 2021 RIBA National Award
  • 2021 RIBA London Award
  • Prix Versailles Awards, Sports Category – World Special Prize for Interiors
  • Fast Company’ Innovation By Design Awards – Finalist in Sports and Recreation Category for Retractable Pitch Design
  • Architizer A+Awards – Special Mention
  • LABC Building Excellence Awards – Best Large Commercial Project
  • Design Week Awards, Wayfinding and Environmental Graphics – Highly Commended
  • TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2020 – Venue of the Year
  • Mondo*dr Awards – Best Stadium Category
  • Selwyn Goldsmith Awards for Universal Design – Highly Commended
  • Civic Trust Awards – Highly Commended
  • AJ Architecture Awards – Best Leisure Project
  • The StadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards – Project of the Year
  • Building Awards – Design Project of the Year
  • Structural Steel Design Awards – Building of the Year
  • The StadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards – Interior & Fit-Out Award for The High Street Concourses at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
  • LABC National Building Excellence Awards – Best Inclusive Building for The Tottenham Experience
  • World Interior News Awards – Gold Award for Leisure and Entertainment Interiors
  • World Interior News Awards – Gold Award for Branding and Wayfinding
  • World Architecture News – Bronze Award for Leisure Architecture

Now I wonder who's talking total bollocks?

You will be very happy to know that they can't - THFC own the stadium - not only that but the covenants in THFC explicitly forbid the seperate sale of the stadium without a comparable or better stadium replacing it (it's why a loan option was never possible at Stratford). ENIC knew this when they bought their shares, they can sell their shares, but they can't have THFC sell off the stadium.

Construction was delayed by owners who wanted to build the best multi use sports arena in at least the UK, if not Europe,

And absolutely no doubt, we could have built a more simple stadium, for half the cost, in a fraction of the time if the sole aim was to increase capacity and have a few nice corporate lounges.

But Daniel Greedy kept getting Greedier and as a result, it took longer, cost more (debt) and potentially sucked the soul out of the football side.

Probably the most stupid thing you've ever said. And that says a lot. You can have your opinion on Levy as much as you like, and I don't disagree on that, but fuck off criticising the stadium. It's a world class stadium, and this 'master of none' bollocks you have come out with is disingenouus and idiotic (and wrong).

You're letting your feelings towards Levy/ENIC cloud your judgement on everything else. Be quiet and don't ever post on this forum again. Also, don't you ever go to our stadium again, because your kind ain't welcome.

You can absolutely be 'Levy OUT' and I understand that, but fuck off about the stadium. It's a brilliant stadium, end of.

Regards
Anyone with a brain

Again you are just 100% wrong or you simply can't read .... if that's so then I apologise

in my post #228

figure2_orig.png

The training centre is operated by Tottenham Hotspur Football Co Ltd an entirely seperate company to THFC who run the stadium and football operations .... did you read that the first time it was posted and forget it? or did you simply not understand?

Not that you will read them but here are the accounts for Tottenham Hotspur Football Co Ltd as you can see an entirely seperate (and profitable) company.

https://find-and-update.company-inf...M5MmFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

That literally didn't answer the points I made. You just don't seem to or want to understand.

The words of a fool - please stop with the whining - you the utter moron versus the views from the professionals

• 2021 RIBA National Award
  • 2021 RIBA London Award
  • Prix Versailles Awards, Sports Category – World Special Prize for Interiors
  • Fast Company’ Innovation By Design Awards – Finalist in Sports and Recreation Category for Retractable Pitch Design
  • Architizer A+Awards – Special Mention
  • LABC Building Excellence Awards – Best Large Commercial Project
  • Design Week Awards, Wayfinding and Environmental Graphics – Highly Commended
  • TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2020 – Venue of the Year
  • Mondo*dr Awards – Best Stadium Category
  • Selwyn Goldsmith Awards for Universal Design – Highly Commended
  • Civic Trust Awards – Highly Commended
  • AJ Architecture Awards – Best Leisure Project
  • The StadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards – Project of the Year
  • Building Awards – Design Project of the Year
  • Structural Steel Design Awards – Building of the Year
  • The StadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards – Interior & Fit-Out Award for The High Street Concourses at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
  • LABC National Building Excellence Awards – Best Inclusive Building for The Tottenham Experience
  • World Interior News Awards – Gold Award for Leisure and Entertainment Interiors
  • World Interior News Awards – Gold Award for Branding and Wayfinding
  • World Architecture News – Bronze Award for Leisure Architecture

Now I wonder who's talking total bollocks?
They're all fucking building and architecture awards you utter fucking cockwomble.

Ask the dwindling number of FANS on a match day if they're finding their match day experience better than before.

Couldn't give a flying fuck what judging panel for a building firm from overseas or the other end of the country thinks of it.

They're all fucking building and architecture awards you utter fucking cockwomble.

Ask the dwindling number of FANS on a match day if they're finding their match day experience better than before.

Couldn't give a flying fuck what judging panel for a building firm from overseas or the other end of the country thinks of it.
You're either the stupidest cunt on the planet or the most deluded cunt on the planet - you choose which.

The stadium's shit - everyone is wrong apart from you - what an utter feckwit.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about your insane delusions, go troll somewhere else.

It must be tiring convincing yourself all is well in lalaland when everything else points to the collapsing of an empire.

More negativity. If you hate the club so much why bother supporting it?

Everyone knows what’s happened in the past and the reasons for it but not many people have to write utter nonsense about it. If you don’t like the stadium, don’t go. Simple as that. Nobody is making you.

Stadiums awesome, football is crap. Whether having the great stadium is partly why we have the crap football is worthy of a debate, but the stadium itself we should be very proud of.

More negativity. If you hate the club so much why bother supporting it?

Everyone knows what’s happened in the past and the reasons for it but not many people have to write utter nonsense about it. If you don’t like the stadium, don’t go. Simple as that. Nobody is making you.
Who said I hate the club?
I hate the owners that are increasingly disregarding the clubs best interest in pursuit of non football success.

And not kidding myself into believing their bullshit.

As for not liking the stadium, I haven't said that have I?
People are claiming it to be the best at everything. I've asked what exactly it is best at?
And still, other than some pathetic architect Awards, no one has told me what it is best at?
I guess if you're in possession of a few £20,000 a season H club seats it is the best venue to bribe clients, but from a fan wishing to go and watch a game of football, it makes no difference to me. I go in, I sit down/ occasionally stand, I watch the game, I leave.
I could do that in any stadium in the world that has seats in.

Lots of good questions there but the one I'd be interested in just for curiosity sake if nothing else is how you get from talking about free flowing football and attacking being part of the team's DNA to hiring a Serie A director of football and a defensive minded coach. Does this indicate there has been some reshuffle and Levy has had his authority curtailed? Or maybe Levy's interest is the stadium and business end of the operation and he's just distanced himself from football decisions.

Back
Top Bottom