Supporters Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just been on their website. £10 for full membership and £25 for the supporters club. The club don't seem to listen to much they have to say whenever I've checked in on them on podcasts, social media etc, they haven't exactly done a lot to reaffirm that a membership with them would be a worthwhile cause
Well yeah, it’s easy for them to ignore an organisation with such a small membership. If it was about the same number as will be able to attend games in our new stadium, or more, then they’d have to take more notice.

A collective voice lead by people who volunteer loads of their own spare time to help get our views across is hard to be critical of, in my opinion. I just think it’s a wasted opportunity that more of us haven’t helped to strengthen that voice

Last edited:
They don't appear to be picking the right battles to fight.

The way the club allocate away tickets is open to be abused. It's a vicious circle, you can't get a ticket without 300+ loyalty points and you can't build up your loyalty points because you don't have enough to allow you to buy them.

MK wasn't an ideal venue, especially for an evening game, but don't see what options the Club had, and once the decision had been made, don't think it was wise to advocate a boycott.

I would have preferred it if they had concentrated on challenging the Club in re-thinking the allocation of 1882 seats in the South Stand.

Doubt that I'll renew my membership.

Last edited:
Update from The Trust for anyone interested.

I get that they may mean well, but fuck me they are miserable bunch at times. MK match was a hugely positive, fun evening with an excellent intimate atmosphere. Any STH or Member who wanted a ticket could get one. The overwhelming feeling on the night was of togetherness, and the players loved it. The Trust should be representing the balanced views of fans, not just spewing personal negativity all the time.

THST News - September 2018

Get some Just Stop Levy T-Shirts made.

And on 15 mins (number of years since our last trophy) we invade the pitch and cable tie ourselves to the goalposts.

If that doesn't work we stake cretinousgoat cretinousgoat out on the centre circle in his mankini and refuse to release him until ENIC sell up.

Couldn’t see a thread dedicated to the supporters trust so I thought if star my one.

I’m going to sign up as a trust member next payday and was wondering if there are any other trust supporters on the board?

Also, listening to the emergency pod this week and once again I am finding Kat’s voice really sexy. Am I alone on this one?
I am mate.

I think it brings you a tiny bit closer to the club as well, I usually hate comity meetings but when these are held at WHL it's just nice to walk through the main entrance to the stadium, something us mere mortals never do unless we are part of the Executive Box brigade (not all meetings are held at the stadium though).

Got to meet a few people there too who I occasionally bump into during a game or at a boozer pre-match which ain't a bad thing.

Above all else you get to have your say, whether it's popular or not or whether it's even taken into account, it feels better to have a voice rather than an empty echo chamber on twitter or a forum that has precisely zero impact.

Couldn’t see a thread dedicated to the supporters trust so I thought if star my one.

I’m going to sign up as a trust member next payday and was wondering if there are any other trust supporters on the board?

Also, listening to the emergency pod this week and once again I am finding Kat’s voice really sexy. Am I alone on this one?

I'm a member, as are most of my crü. Have had a beer with Kat and Martin (through mutual friends) once or twice; they're both absolutely cracking people.

I'm a member. It's hard work and they don't achieve as much as they want to, but I have full confidence in Martin and Kat. If you don't know them, listen to the last fighting cock podcast.

Refreshing to see people who actually give a shit and make an effort to make things a little bit better for all of us, in a world full of bitches behind a keyboard.

Whilst I appreciate that Martin and Kat take time out of the own lives to run the Trust and they are helpful with relaying information the Trust is run based on their opinions, not the opinions of the fans. I think that's ultimately why people dislike them - they push their own agendas and if you don't agree with it then you're in the wrong.

Take the whole selling on of away tickets. I know it happens. You know it happens. Everyone knows it happens. Everyone except the Trust...because they benefit out of it.

Football Supporters’ Association VAR survey findings
From the newsletter:

Of the 33,000 fans who replied, 95% who had experienced VAR in stadiums and 94% of those who watched on TV said VAR made watching the game less enjoyable. Four in 10 of those who responded said they would be likely to attend fewer games in future because of VAR.

That’s quite the indictment of the system isn’t it!

From the newsletter:

Of the 33,000 fans who replied, 95% who had experienced VAR in stadiums and 94% of those who watched on TV said VAR made watching the game less enjoyable. Four in 10 of those who responded said they would be likely to attend fewer games in future because of VAR.

That’s quite the indictment of the system isn’t it!

I think VAR in the Euros is much less intrusive on the game - it's just our officials / refs that have cocked it up so much

I think the THST over all deserves a lot of credit in terms of getting answers and actions from the club. They’re obviously never getting everything they ask for, but the club does meaningfully engage. And that isn’t the case at most clubs.

• "MP didn’t want to sign someone for the sake of it. He felt there were sufficient players in the squad, and that those coming back from injury would be like new signings"
:levywhoa::levylol::levystare:

December latest from The Trust.

Updates on:
Allegations of racism at Spurs v Chelsea
Middlesbrough FA Cup tie
Southampton concessionary pricing
February TV picks
November catering survey
Y-Word consultation results: THST comment
Cycle On You Spurs
Members online forum update
THST AGM 2020
Planning for Bayern Munich away
Watching Football is Not a Crime

Other:

• Travel advice for home games v Liverpool and Manchester City
  • Business and Community Liaison Meeting: December
  • The Spurs Show
  • Wingate and Finchley FC
  • Big Green Coach
  • Zeelo coach travel
  • Secret Spurs History walk

The Trust are considering starting some sort of forum. Think they are opening themselves up for all sorts of abuse there!

Back
Top Bottom