Supporters Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They lost the plot with the MK argument ... but it's done now so let it drop ...

I've believed for a long time that fans at away games should have to 'swipe' their season ticket cards at the away ground, on the day of the game, to get the points ... sure they could still pass on their season ticket to someone else but that would risk having it confiscated ... setting something up in this day and age would not be hard to do ...

For years I was a home and away season ticket holder hardly missing a game, then for several more years I kept the season tickets, but as I was living 5,000 miles away I hardly went to a game ... most of the time my tickets were used, cup tickets were always purchased, as I was part of the SCS, and even though I wasn't in the country there were always takers for my spare tickets ...

However, much as it suited me, it can't be right that I held season tickets and remained right at the top of the points total even though I hardly ever went ....

good points made. Similarly i've been advocating with the trust and club, 1 away game where'd you have to collect tickets at the ground with photo iD. I believe man utd do this for some games

Not sure I entirely agree on the LP front. There's certainly the potential for that to happen, but in practice you can accumulate 300 points over the four-five years period or very close to it* without doing any away matches - you just need to go to most/all home games in the cups. After two-three years you start becoming eligible for a good number of away games which you then need to start doing occasionally to get the high-demand ones. It actually seems to work fairly well.

*Guarenteed 35 for gold membership each year. On average maybe ~4 home domestic cup games at 4 points each = ~16. If we're in the CL then it's normally 6 for the GS, and on average likely at least ~4 thereafter allowing for strong chance of dropping into Europa, making it 60 for the year/240-300 at any one time if you keep it up. If we're in the EL it's 12 points for the group, average of about 8 more for the knockouts = 70 per year/280-350 at any one time.

Agree with this to an extent but it's not quite that simple.

People that get away tickets still get loyalty points for those games. There are at least 19 away games a season which would potentially outweigh the home cup ties/points. Say you get 2 points on average for away games, that an additional 38 points that other season ticket holders cannot get. Plus those members can also go to every home cup game and get those points so you never actually make any ground.

Vicious circle!

Imagine if the Trust were talking to the club about hmmmm say, having one of the stands called the Bill Nicholson, instead of crying about car parking at games they said they were not attending anyway.....

:pochfacepalm:

Agree with this to an extent but it's not quite that simple.

People that get away tickets still get loyalty points for those games. There are at least 19 away games a season which would potentially outweigh the home cup ties/points. Say you get 2 points on average for away games, that an additional 38 points that other season ticket holders cannot get. Plus those members can also go to every home cup game and get those points so you never actually make any ground.

Vicious circle!
Yeah, I get the theory on that, but it is possible for anyone who wants to to start doing that too. Anybody as I said can get into the 300 range at which point you can start going to the vast majority of away games, and once you do that you'll soon be in that circle of people who gets those LPs from the away matches and can definitely do Bournemouth away or whatever it may be with an ultra-low allocation.

To be honest if you have enough money to want to do regular away matches, you can almost certainly afford to buy up domestic cup tickets for the loyalty points even if you're not going. A whole year's worth of domestic cup home tickets is cheaper than most single away days once you factor in travel, food, beer etc. And yet that doesn't seem to happen. I think the whole thing of people buying away tickets just to get the LPs is overplayed, it's only a tiny minority who's interested enough to do that.

I think the THST over all deserves a lot of credit in terms of getting answers and actions from the club. They’re obviously never getting everything they ask for, but the club does meaningfully engage. And that isn’t the case at most clubs.

• "MP didn’t want to sign someone for the sake of it. He felt there were sufficient players in the squad, and that those coming back from injury would be like new signings"
:levywhoa::levylol::levystare:

The stuff about transfers is nothing earth-shattering. We have always sold players to find signings, this summer nobody wanted to buy anyone on the transfer list so we had a small amount of money that we tried and failed to spend on Grealish.

As Levy says, the club thought that Rose, Dembele, Toby, NKoudou, Llorente, Sissoko, Janssen, would be sold but nobody was interested. Had we got the £120m that Levy probably had in mind for them we could have signed 3 or 4 decent players.

The stuff about transfers is nothing earth-shattering
As Levy says, the club thought that Rose, Dembele, Toby, NKoudou, Llorente, Sissoko, Janssen, would be sold but nobody was interested. Had we got the £120m that Levy probably had in mind for them we could have signed 3 or 4 decent players.
does that how poor many of our recent signings have been that no one want to buy them ? wonder who signed them & will they be allowed to pick players again ?

does that how poor many of our recent signings have been that no one want to buy them ? wonder who signed them & will they be allowed to pick players again ?
Collective blame I'd say. The chief scout who scouted them (he is no longer with us I believe), Poch who green lit the signings and Levy who negotiated the deals in place.

Selling squad players that did not take part in the World Cup in a WC year was always going to be tricky

Rose and Alderweireld would have been the major outgoings, they are back with their tails between their legs as no one wanted them.

I'm not talking about the bit part players,
NKoudou, Llorente, Sissoko, Janssen,
not the players we need to keep,
I don't blame Levy if he is told we need this player, I do blame him if he says we need this player
you can't get 100% of players right, but we seem to only get it right 50% of the time

Spurs fans have got some good points to discuss with BT Sport such as their selection in the FA Cup, which saw our third round tie at Tranmere moved to a Friday 7.45pm kick-off, making it impossible for Spurs fans to get home via public transport.

IMO broadcasters should be mandated to ensure there is public transport available to get people back to the town/city where their club is situated after the match.

Several local derbies that could have been played on the Friday evening which would have allowed fans easy travel - and Tranmere/Spurs was not a 'must have' glamour tie fir TV, it was just a choice for BT

The Trust threw their toys out the pram over the summer window, the delayed stadium, ticket prices, and playing at MK for one game. They advocated boycotts, demanded sit downs with Levy, and blabbed to the media.

Havent heard anything regarding the efforts of their favourite players recently and their apparent disregard for what Poch says in the media and what transpires on the pitch though?

Any thoughts Trust members?
Any sit down with Poch and the team captain planned?

Back
Top Bottom