Supporters Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So?

I don't believe a member of the trust said to you "do you know who I am?"
WBA away from home 3-3 draw under Sherwood. A well respected Spurs supporter KR who has been going home and away for over 50 years and is known by at least 90% of our regular support was spoken to by a trust member with those exact words witnessed by at least 6 people in earshot. But according to you it didn't happen

THST this group of people are only in it for self gain. We were once in a disagreement with a certain member of the trust only to be asked DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM.

I had an interesting exchange with Martin Cloke (spelling) after the farce with the away fans for RSB being in the home area. He came across ok, overall it was just proof that they can’t do or influence duck all. Despite wanting to. And in the end the conversation we had petered out with a bit of a shrug.

And I now accept that I don’t see what they can actually do. The club don’t have to humour them, but do. But they are given no forum really, the minutes always suggest too many points of view given and closed questions. Not a lot of challenge. And you end up with a lot of noise about irrelevant issues. You can’t fight every point and just brain dump. You need 3 core points and need to focus on them otherwise it leads to reading like they are basically trying to talk themselves into a corporate freebie.

I think levy might have been a bit to clever for his own good this time.

The anger is tangible and I think his clever closed answers to the poor out of depth trust members will only go to mobilise what until now has been a small insignificant movement against him.

Of course losing 100 million quid worth of champions league money is going to hurt but after the striker situation and the years of austerity saying it was only ever going to go down like a led balloon.

What a fucking awful season this has been.

I think levy might have been a bit to clever for his own good this time.

The anger is tangible and I think his clever closed answers to the poor out of depth trust members will only go to mobilise what until now has been a small insignificant movement against him.

Of course losing 100 million quid worth of champions league money is going to hurt but after the striker situation and the years of austerity saying it was only ever going to go down like a led balloon.

What a fucking awful season this has been.
I'm theory we'd only be losing around £40m comparing an average CL to EL run, which could be made up with a stadium and sleeve sponsor. Even if Spurs average turnover is £400m rather than £450m, it's still double what the club was making 5 years ago.

The club should still be able to spend £100m+ net each year without issue.

I'm theory we'd only be losing around £40m comparing an average CL to EL run, which could be made up with a stadium and sleeve sponsor. Even if Spurs average turnover is £400m rather than £450m, it's still double what the club was making 5 years ago.

The club should still be able to spend £100m+ net each year without issue.

£40m in prize money, plus matchday revenues lost (cushioned if we make Europa League), plus commercial revenue made if targets aren't met, plus TV revenue made via the Champions League TV agreements, sadly it adds up to far more once everything gets chipped away at I'll say.

After our end to last season I saw Champions League as a bonus this year. Missing out this year with all of our new signings taking ages to settle disappoints but doesn't surprise should we fail to do so.

£40m in prize money, plus matchday revenues lost (cushioned if we make Europa League), plus commercial revenue made if targets aren't met, plus TV revenue made via the Champions League TV agreements, sadly it adds up to far more once everything gets chipped away at I'll say.

After our end to last season I saw Champions League as a bonus this year. Missing out this year with all of our new signings taking ages to settle disappoints but doesn't surprise should we fail to do so.
Its still not as big of a deal when you have huge untapped revenue streams and significant sustainable income. Players wages/bonuses go down as well - that more than mitigates gate losses and likely more.

The only significant loss is the TV revenue, but it's not enough to impact cash flow and transfer money significantly - maybe £20-25m less to spend in the summer.

Last edited:
Its still not as big of a deal when you have huge untapped revenue streams and significant sustainable income. Players wages/bonuses go down as well - that more than mitigates gate losses and likely more.

The only significant loss is the TV revenue, but it's not enough too impact cash flow and transfer money significantly - maybe £20-25m less to spend in the summer.

I'd be disappointed if we don't spend more than the rumoured £50m + anything from player sales. Realistically £75m/£100m + player sale money gets us enough to not wag a finger at the manager next year. I go based on the market trends and how much it's cost others etc.

Last edited:
March Update.

Updates on:
COVID-19: the impact on football, Spurs & THST
Season ticket renewals postponement
THFC headline financial report
Trust meeting with the Club Board on 2 March
Meeting with the Club catering team on 2 March
Charity Quiz Night: postponed
End of Season BBQ: postponed
Prostate Cancer UK bike ride: postponed
Trust training with Show Racism The Red Card
The One Show OFCOM complaint
Members online forum: update

Trust special podcast.

The Cheese Room Podcast are delighted to be joined by Kat and Rachel from the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust. They cover a multitude of topics including; How the Trust functions and what it does, the Clubs recent initiatives to help with the Covid 19 pandemic, when and how football will return, Clubs financial situation in lockdown, and we also reminisce about which games we would like to see replayed on social media, and discuss Poch's legacy. It's a great listen.

Latest trust newsletter. Some interesting stuff in it.

June newsletter.

Updates on:
THST on restarting the season
How to watch the rest of the 2019/20 campaign
Club ‘Behind Closed Doors’ initiatives
Haringey Safety Advisory Group Meeting – 15 June
FSA virtual meeting with the Premier League – 9 June
THFC and the Covid Corporate Financing Facility
Commemorating Walter Tull
Final Meals for the NHS total
Football to Amsterdam 2020 cancelled
Wingate and Finchley crowdfunder appeal

July newsletter.

Updates on:
Board and ownership of THFC
Season Ticket Renewals 2020/21
One Hotspur membership propositions
Business and Community Liaison Group meeting – 8 July
Cycling to Spurs
PCUK London to Amsterdam bike ride
THST Forum
Haringey Irish Centre

August Trust newsletter.

Updates on:
Broadcast access for the 2020/21 Premier League season
Phased return of fans for 2020/21 season
One Hotspur membership renewals
Premier League structured dialogue meeting – 19 August
FSA Sustain the Game initiative
THST Annual Survey
THST Forum
Haringey Irish Centre
Spurs match programmes
Football to Amsterdam 2021

The trust instead of pursuing TV coverage should be lobbying the Government on fans returning to the stadium. As a non season ticket holder I will not personally benefit but those season ticket holders that want to go should be able to do so from 12th Sept rather than October. What reason is there for the delay? I accept there will be reduced capacity but keep lobbying for it to go up if proved safe. Watching Football being played in empty stadiums is not the same and the loss of income is not sustainable for the whole season.

Back
Top Bottom