Suspension Watch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Premier League
8/8 Man United:
Vertonghen, Dier, Alli
15/8 Stoke City: Walker, Davies
22/8 Leicester: Dier (2), Mason, Dembele, Lamela
29/8 Everton: Dier (3), Bentaleb, Alli (2), Chadli
13/9 Sunderland:
Vertonghen (2)
20/9 Crystal Palace: Lamela (2)
23/9 (LC) Woolwich: Alli (3)
26/9 Man City: Dier (4), Alli (4), Lamela (3), Eriksen, Kane
4/10 Swansea: Walker (2), Vertonghen (3), Davies (2), Dier (5s)
17/10 Liverpool: Lamela (4)
25/10 Bournemouth: Rose
2/11 Aston Villa: -
8/11 Woolwich: Lamela (5s)
22/11 West Ham: Walker (3), Alli (5s)
29/11 Chelsea: Walker (4), Vertonghen (4), Rose (2), Kane (2)
5/12 West Brom: Dembele (2), Kane (3)
13/12 Newcastle: Rose (3), Carroll
19/12 Southampton: Alli (6)
26/12 Norwich: Dier (6)
28/12 Watford: Alderweireld, Alli (7)
-------------------5 Yellow Cards = 1 Suspension---------------------------
03/01 Everton: Carroll (2), Lamela (6)
10/01 (FA) Leicester: Bentaleb (2)
13/01 Leicester: Dier (7)
16/01 Sunderland: -
20/01 (FA) Leicester: Davies (3)
23/01 Crystal Palace: Trippier, Kane (4)
30/01 (FA) Colchester: -
02/02 Norwich: Alderweireld (2), Rose (4)
06/02 Watford: -
14/02 Man City: Wimmer, Dier (8), Carroll (3)
21/02 (FA) Crystal Palace:
28/02 Swansea:
03/03: West Ham:
05/03: Woolwich:
12/03: Aston Villa:
19/03: Bournemouth:
02/04: Liverpool:
09/04 Man United:
-------------------10 Yellow Cards = 2 Suspension---------------------------

Last edited:
Long gap between Swansea and Liverpool. Don't tell me we have another international break coming up?

billbored.gif

So you're worried about Dier bein suspended for one game, and your suggestion is not to play him for another game? What's the point then? Swansea away is no easier than Liverpool at home
In order of importance i would say that having your in form player at home against Pool is more important than having him away against an out of form Swansea

In order of importance i would say that having your in form player at home against Pool is more important than having him away against an out of form Swansea

It's not that simple though.

If we do what you suggest he will not play against Swansea and then he will be suspended for another game later in the season. That's him out for two games rather than just one.

I wouldn't rest him against Swansea, personally. You need to have your best team for each game, and risking a yellow card is part and parcel of his position.

It's a tough one.
A full strength spurs is more likely to pick uP points against Swansea than Liverpool (as crap as they are they always turn it on against us recently.)

Swansea aren't exactly physical so you'd hope Dier could avoid any needless scraps, but his aggression is a key part of his game.

I don't trust dembele to do the same job but maybe if Mason is fit he could do a job there providing the muscle in midfield. Don't think dembele will be fit enough to replace alli so I'd keep him in there and tell him to keep the temper in check.

Will be gutted not to have a full strength team vs the Scouse

We have an outstanding record against Swansea. I'd personally play him. He's not like one of those who gets a booking a game, like Sandro was in the back end of his Spurs run.

I'd play Dier. If he gets a booking, it's a shame and it'd be just as disappointing for him too. We need to learn how to play without him because there will be games where he will be missed whether it's rested in the Europa League or out due to suspensions, but he's shown to be very important.

Back
Top Bottom