Suspension Watch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Updated.

So far we've had three suspensions. All were against stronger teams. Lamela (West Ham) went fine, but Dier (Liverpool) and Alli (Chelsea) could have helped get wins against those awful teams.

Right now, we have Dier on 8 yellows and Alli on 7 who might hit the 10 yellow mark before the April cutoff. Alli hasn't been carded this year, which means maybe Poch might've spoken to him. His cards seemed avoidable in nature most of the time. Dier still makes a lot of dumb fouls and is most likely to get hit with a suspension.

Hopefully it isn't the Spam/Scum or Victim/United matches.

We have an outstanding record against Swansea. I'd personally play him. He's not like one of those who gets a booking a game, like Sandro was in the back end of his Spurs run.

I'd play Dier. If he gets a booking, it's a shame and it'd be just as disappointing for him too. We need to learn how to play without him because there will be games where he will be missed whether it's rested in the Europa League or out due to suspensions, but he's shown to be very important.

Agree - To dare is to do. We need to be aiming for 30+ points from our remaining games, so there's no point leaving anything in the dressing room. And if he picks up a ban, we will just have to deal with it. Key thing is having the best 11 available for Woolwich game, which will define the season IMHO.

On average, Eric Dier gets a yellow card every 310 odd minutes. I'm confident he won't get a yellow or suspension before the Spam and Scum games. Those are very important in the run in. Especially as they come within 4 days of each other and are apart of 3 games within a week.

Perhaps it is the Palace game Dier should be rested for and play him in Europe that does not count. I agree with those that cannot see the point in resting him for a league match.

Back
Top Bottom