Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont agree here. The next game is the always the most important.......did we really rest players for Barnsley?

Im tired of the two games in a week thing if people think Dortmund was the problem.....Kane plays every week, why cant Davies? What was the thinking behind yesterday in terms of the bigger picture? Why not put Jan LB instead of Tripper when Aurier came on?

Why was Sissoko shunted around and then taken off when playing well? Why was Son removed? Just to keep Alli on? Makes no sense in short, or long term thinking.
BWAHAHAHAHA

STOP SAMMY STOP
That horse is dead

I think maybe you need to step back and look at any decisions made by the manager in the context of the entire season.

Sometimes you have to try to manage the squad, on the balance of play we deserved to win yesterday - so he didn't get too much wrong.

The alternative is to do what Redknapp did and play the first 11 in every single match......except that after 10 matches those players are all fucked and the squad players you want to replace them with haven't kicked a ball all season.
True. But I'd rather stick to playing players in their best positions or positions they are more comfortable in.

I dont agree here. The next game is the always the most important.......did we really rest players for Barnsley?
Poch has never managed this way and has done okay tbf. The 'ideal' result would be to manage your resources to win every game 1 or 2 - 0.......that's the result that we deserved yesterday, so he didn't get too much wrong.

Im tired of the two games in a week thing if people think Dortmund was the problem.....Kane plays every week, why cant Davies? What was the thinking behind yesterday in terms of the bigger picture? Why not put Jan LB instead of Tripper when Aurier came on?
Poch said Davies wasn't fit.

Why was Sissoko shunted around and then taken off when playing well? Why was Son removed? Just to keep Alli on? Makes no sense in short, or long term thinking.
That's subjective, most people in the stadium thought he was very poor.

I am confortable with how we are doing at present.

Frustrated at a certain lack of consistency and incisiveness but reasonably happy.

I just want us to take the domestic cup competitions very seriously.

I feel we are going to get stronger and stronger but need to mix up our game a tad and fix this wembley conundrum asap.

Wembley is a piece of shit stadium to be fair. Hate going there..hate the atmosphere...hate having to wait forever to get out of the dump. Wish we had gone with the Milton Keynes option but that was never going to happen.

It was a corperate choice, backed by fans thinking it would be 90,000 every week making noise like the Finale against Utd.

I think the reality is creeping in...if the team dont get to grips with it the atmosphere and attandances is going to get worse and worse.
People mock the idea of MK, but to be honest.....and be really honest now, how many of them would rather see us playing there now, in a tight 30,000 ground with a Fulham like away day vibe every week.

Bit of a shit show no doubt about it.

Let's not forget we gave a lot on Wednesday in a very tough game.
Let's also not forget that Swansea played some of the most anti-football I've ever seen. I'm getting sick of paying good money to watch a game of football but only one team has any intention of playing football. What a boring bunch of fucks they are.
Mike dean was never going to give a pen today as he's been critised for helping us in the past. At least one was stonewall.

Team was set up wrong today but we still had enough to beat that shower of shit. One goal would have lead to a few more.

Had to have a read of the match comments from here on the train and had a few shakes of the head.
Not because of the comments about the game, most were justified.
What fucks me off the most is when people comment on how embarrassing our fans are.
" look at all the empty seats, it's embarrassing" - Well buy a fucking ticket and occupy one of those empty seats.

" Our fans are so quiet it's embarrassing" well go and buy yourselves a ticket and come to the game and sing your heart out and show us how it's fucking done.

" fans leaving early is embarrassing" - Well go and buy yourself a ticket, sing your heart out and stay till the fucking end.
Don't slag off those who go and support the team.
There were 66k there today, don't forget our railway stations are on critical alert and another terrorist attack is imminent.
Takes bottle for people to get on a train knowing their lives could be in danger.

Our support is not embarrassing it's top notch, we are in a temporary stadium and not many have taken to it but still turn out every week.

I'm not one of these people who thinks I'm a better fan because I go to games but it does boil my piss when people watching the game on some shit Iranian stream critises the fans that spend a fortune following our club.
cant agree more. 66k in wembley, yeah, the place looks a little empty. we wont get 66k in NWHL cos itll be full to the gills at 61K. this year was always going to be difficult for both the players and the supporters. we all knew it, even if we didnt say it. and at the moment we are still 5th, but not on top of our game.

So why are you crying about fans criticising players......awwww hurt your feelings over ickle Dele
Umm.
No.
I'm not the one with the problem here Sammy. It's you, you are the one whining like a world war 2 air raid siren, bitching and complaining about everything and not capable of accepting that it's you who is making himself look tiresome.
Give it a rest, have another sabbatical - do anything that gets the wasps nest out of your arse.
But please, for everyone's sake. Give it a rest.

Guys, I've done my best, can someone take over - I've lost the will to carry on.

Night Sammy

Poch has never managed this way and has done okay tbf. The 'ideal' result would be to manage your resources to win every game 1 or 2 - 0.......that's the result that we deserved yesterday, so he didn't get too much wrong.

It’s true that last week they had a problem but in football the next game is always different and complicated in its own way. The most important thing is to focus on us. For us we must be aware that we need to improve every week and we need to try to show our best quality to try to win.

Heres what he said before the Chelsea game.....nothing Poch does makes me think he has one eye on next week, unless its a cup game and we are in the latter stages with one eye on the title.

Poch said Davies wasn't fit.
Jan at LB then...why Trippier?

That's subjective, most people in the stadium thought he was very poor.

Most people thought Son should have stayed on instead of Dele too though

Umm.
No.
I'm not the one with the problem here Sammy. It's you, you are the one whining like a world war 2 air raid siren, bitching and complaining about everything and not capable of accepting that it's you who is making himself look tiresome.
Give it a rest, have another sabbatical - do anything that gets the wasps nest out of your arse.
But please, for everyone's sake. Give it a rest.

Guys, I've done my best, can someone take over - I've lost the will to carry on.

Night Sammy

No Im just being subjective and not picking out favourites that are immune from critique. This has dragged on because people like you are offended by it.

It was a corperate choice, backed by fans thinking it would be 90,000 every week making noise like the Finale against Utd.

I think the reality is creeping in...if the team dont get to grips with it the atmosphere and attandances is going to get worse and worse.
People mock the idea of MK, but to be honest.....and be really honest now, how many of them would rather see us playing there now, in a tight 30,000 ground with a Fulham like away day vibe every week.
I wouldnt.
MK is the ultimate in souless, corporate football. I understand your thinking, and anywhere but MK i might even agree. but not there. franchise club bastards.

Agree - but the squad balance isn't quite there to allow this yesterday with Rose and Davies both injured.
Its not an easy situation but I think I'd rather jan than trippier at LB.
I didn't know davies was injured. I Can't wait for rose to be back! 2 good LB's to use.

And Wembley is just that only with a distinctive bad whiff of OS about it
its a moral thing mate, and just my opinion. that bunch of club stealing bastards should never be legitimised.
They should never be allowed to forget how they came into existence, and that none of us (I hope) wanted them.
and us renting the winkiedome would have done more to legitimise them than buying a million dele alli's ever would.
Im not going to get a big barney about it, cos i think generally you are right about wembley.

but not Milton Keynes. (without going into detail, i spent too much time with and around wimbledon supporters when that was all going on, saw all the hurt.)

Wembley loses us home advantage I don't care what anyone says. If anything it is a disadvantage because we have teams upping their game to play there. Anyone that honestly thinks we'd have had the same kind of game in this one, Chelsea and Burnley if it was at White Hart Lane needs their heads tested.

Sadly the club needs to do what the club needs to do. The only hope I have is that the plastic fans who were leaving after 85 minutes genuinely leave my club alone when we move back to N17. You waste my club away!

In my block it was the 80th minute.

I also didn't like the enthusiastic cheer by those around me when Sissoko's number was held up to be subbed.

Bullshit. Moving to MK with its 30k capacity woul have been so small time and made us the laughing stock of English football. What's the sense in playing the likes of Woolwich, United, Chelsea etc.in front of 30,000 and denying tens of thousands of us from seeing our team. 65,000 v Swansea is a great turnout. Had we gone to MK 30,000 of us would not have been able to go yesterday. I love the fact I can go to pretty much any game I like.
I love the fact we have the the highest home attendance records in English football history.
I love the fact we are achieving home league attendances the likes of Woolwich and Liverpool will never, ever see.
Where we have fucked up though is not slashing prices for a one off season away from home, that was just greed
But, Fuck Milton Keynes. We are Tottenham Hotspur, mate.

i half agree. read last week that Jorge Mendez and Mino Raiola are sniffing around the agent vacancy. If you have that pair of parasites offering the moon on a stick and a scarlet johannson blowie, then any player would struggle to not be distracted.
Kinda of track but just lets say he has been "got" at? Our 3 most bankable assets are....Kane,Eriksen & Dele would most agree with that? I'll put in the manager as well so they 4 are the most important to our development but we are kidding ourselves thinking that they will all stay we us,one will go in the future ......which one would you cash in?

The home games we've had this season feels very much like the AVB games.
Struggling to break teams down, Stupid mistakes, etc.
Frustrating.
I thought we were past that as a team but apparently not.

Not saying that we are no better now than the AVB teams. Thats ridiculous.

Alli was gash today and fuck knows what was going on with the selection/changes.

I just hope we sort it out quickly like we did last year.

Burnley and Swansea are teams battled relegation? Since when? What the fucking hell are you on about? We dropped points against "lower" sides last season as well. Have people forgotten, for instance, West Ham away? West Brom? Bournemouth?

Our cumulative points total from this time last season has improved, not regressed. Anyone who was expecting us to spend a year away from home at a guest ground and win the title is deluded. This expectation level us utterly ridiculous. People are moaning because we may not be better than our best ever PL season during a year in a foreign stadium. Fuck's sake. Fuck's sake indeed. It's far too early in the season to decide we can't break teams down. If the season goes on and it remains a problem then fair enough. But you're talking about just two games where this has happened (and the Burnley game was totally different from this one, being a lazy concede goal, not breaking down a team who have parked the bus) - and frankly with us having to get used to Wembley it will be a good season if we get top four and we are no worse off form wise than any other year we have finished top four.

What I am asking for is rationality and perspective. But let's be honest, there are a lot of fans who expect us to push on from last year and rake in a load of trophies this year, whether they want to admit it or not, and are immediately crest fallen when we aren't demolishing teams every week.
Problem with attempting to win a trophy this season, is that IF it ISN'T the League, it will 'have to be' a Cup...
but to do that, we'll need to win a Semi AND a Final... AT WEMBLEY!

...and yet we seem the only team in the Country somehow daunted by the place!

Why can't we just treat each home game like the one-off showpiece event that everyone ELSE seems to be treating it like?

There is no Wembley Curse.... the 'problem' is that apart from Dortmund (who we beat) the only two types of team we've faced there are arguably on top form to even get to a Semi/Final (Chelsea) ...or a battling stubborn 10 men behind the ball team, simply determined NOT to lose!

Sadly, we haven't yet found a way of beating either 'set-up' yet.

Hopefully Barnsley will be like a mini-Dortmund and at least try to play!
That should work in our favour I think/hope!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom