Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All wrong , all of you. We were nowhere near good enough to break through their defense and this is something we will come across ever week at Wembley, until we find a way to deal with this Bus s**t. Furthermore, Poch will have to field his best home side week in wek out at Wembley which will be a lot harder than any away games this season.
We should have walked this game!!!
Just saying!

Of course thing is dropped pts are going to come back and haunt us come may
Shit really? We never knew this.

We are playing in a temporary home. We are playing a season where the two Manc clubs have significantly strengthened, and have to face the same Chelsea squad as last year. We have a huge fixture list. Things are tougher this year and yet we have cumulatively more points from games now than this time last year. I fully agree with you on lost points and, not that you will, but if you look at last season's match threads I would often say after matches how crucial some seemingly "easy" points were. But people still have to manage expectations. We aren't winning the league this year. We may not even get top four due to the huge competition at the top of the table. So if we do get top four and/or a trophy, for me it will be a reasonable season and I can take some joy out of it. Acting like we're fucked five games in means you're going to spend the whole season angry and miserable.

Actually, Spam will be in full cup final mode, so hopefully we can catch them on the counter like Dortmund. The players will have to not think they can stroll it this time.

You not think they'll just defend and long ball to Carroll??

I agree that complacency and lack of urgency from us is costly.
Please no more games like yesterday again.

On the one hand, if Kane's shot goes in, there is not much to talk about. On the other, we do have a tendency to draw too many games against weaker opponents. It is something United addressed and we didn't.

I knew it was going to be a bit of an up and down season this year. But, early days. We might start stringing a few wins together and let's see if momentum builds... We owe those pikey bastards one and I'm expecting a proper display from the lads in that game.

I knew it was going to be a bit of an up and down season this year. But, early days. We might start stringing a few wins together and let's see if momentum builds... We owe those pikey bastards one and I'm expecting a proper display from the lads in that game.
After last year I would be amazed if they didn't go all out to win.

And yes, early days, one point less than last year in the PL. We are not at disaster stage yet.

Then you're your own worst enemy!

I am :)

Being a fan as long as I have I remember the days when any victory was something to savour. Now it feels like fans expect victory and when they get it they take it for granted. It's the price of doing well.

You're spot on but i'm terrified that them days will return so soon.
We've got the best team for generations but when the performance is like it was yesterday (which mirrored Burnley) it brings back the not very pleasant memories.
Even if we had nicked a goal it shouldn't paper over that performance.

As you say the entitlement from newer fans is the price we pay.

Of course thing is dropped pts are going to come back and haunt us come may
This is what frustrates me the most recently.

Last year, I could count the truly frustrating results on one hand, but we're five games into the new season and three of those are matches we'll look back on with frustration (stupid last minute moments against Chelsea and Burnley, and Swansea keeping us out in a similar fashion to Sunderland last year).

We always seem to be slow off the mark, but it's still concerning. Also doesn't help that I was desperate for us to beat Swansea partly to shut the media up rather than reinforce their narrative.

Sonny at left back when we had Vertonghen who plays there at international level as well as Aurier or KWP who can play there is a disaster waiting to happen. We should have had either Foyth in there in a back 3 of Toby, Davinson and Juan or played Dier at the back and started Winksy.

Trying to push Son into Left wing back when hes clearly an attacker (the Spurs website last year had him as a striker remember) is mental. Poch has had a few key injuries happen in Wanyama, Rose and with Dembele & Davies needing resting. It left us needing Dier in defence and midfield.

I agree with this. Would rather have run the defense with Dier at RB, Toby CB, and Sanchez at LCB, with Toby out at LWB. Trippier looked painfully right-footed while out left.

I also didn't think Dier had a great game in CM. Seemed to misplace a lot of passes, and looked rather static while we were in possession. Sissoko was alright, but I'd rather have seen Winks playing instead.

A draw I guess isn't necessarily bad, but we really ought to be beating Swansea.
In all fairness though, we should have had at least one pen given.
After the awesome Dortmund game earlier this week, it was definitely a bit of a let-down.

The guy is hurting as much as we are. Fuck all to do with the pitch, it's size location or capacity. Did this bother Yanited over the last thirty years?

Clement said, last year his side got thumped 5-0 and lost 2-3 at home being ahead after 88 minutes, and from his point of view he saw "progress". Look at his interview around five minutes in. Look at the whole of Poch's. He was hurting throughout his post match interview more than any of us will ever suffer.

Man the fuck up. Teams have strengthened and have set out a game plan to play us. We have to step up and get better. Simple.

To be fair Dele has been dogshite in alot of games but managed to create a goal or score.
That's probably the reason he stayed on.
He's our 2nd biggest goal threat.

But when you only really have four creators or potential scorers in the side (Harry, Son, Dele and Eriksen) it doesn't help having one playing fucking wing back (Conte will endorse to that). Citeh and Chel$ea have at least six scoring threats we had half as many on Saturday.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree. We're 5 points off top and 2 off of third. Just means we have to do a bit of chasing. Annoying that evenly poised games haven't gone our way yet and we really should be sitting there with an extra point vs Chelsea and 2 x 2 extra points vs Burnley and Swansea. Should be 13 points at present so it's time we play catch up now, which we've shown in the past we're able to do

If's but's and coulda'. woulda' shoulda.

If we couldn't catch Leicester, then whats the likelihood of catching this Yanited or Citeh team? When was the last time we weren't playing catch up?

Shit really? We never knew this.

We are playing in a temporary home. We are playing a season where the two Manc clubs have significantly strengthened, and have to face the same Chelsea squad as last year. We have a huge fixture list. Things are tougher this year and yet we have cumulatively more points from games now than this time last year. I fully agree with you on lost points and, not that you will, but if you look at last season's match threads I would often say after matches how crucial some seemingly "easy" points were. But people still have to manage expectations. We aren't winning the league this year. We may not even get top four due to the huge competition at the top of the table. So if we do get top four and/or a trophy, for me it will be a reasonable season and I can take some joy out of it. Acting like we're fucked five games in means you're going to spend the whole season angry and miserable.
Well fuck me then I shouldn't raise my hopes up when we play the likes of Man City and Man united. Don't even bother getting my hopes of of us getting a result in. Maybe even lower our expectations against mid table teams like Watford and West Brom based on your reasoning.

This is what frustrates me the most recently.

Last year, I could count the truly frustrating results on one hand, but we're five games into the new season and three of those are matches we'll look back on with frustration (stupid last minute moments against Chelsea and Burnley, and Swansea keeping us out in a similar fashion to Sunderland last year).

We always seem to be slow off the mark, but it's still concerning. Also doesn't help that I was desperate for us to beat Swansea partly to shut the media up rather than reinforce their narrative.
The Media will continue with this wembley hoodoo shit until the Team shuts them up. Maybe the pitch surface is different then WHL, maybe their are other factors to consider but hopefully over the season we should only improve at Wembley.

Id leave it mate. Unless you cost £30,000,000, your exempt from criticism at this club.

Criticise Lloris' awful kicking. Disagrees and messages of you're wrong.

Kane has a poor game. Who cares? Scores 30 a season, can't criticise Kanes performance today.

Alli plays poor and spends most of the match on his arse. Nah doesn't matter. Scored 2 goals in 5 games this season. No on else in our team could do such a thing.

Beyond boring now to be honest. No one in our team should be exempt from criticism.

Same thing when you criticise Poch. Loads of people saying "Do you remember how it was before he came...we've been very successful" etc etc. Doesn't change the fact he was shit on Saturday, does it?

Back
Top Bottom