Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the one hand, if Kane's shot goes in, there is not much to talk about. On the other, we do have a tendency to draw too many games against weaker opponents. It is something United addressed and we didn't.

I don't think they necessarily have addressed it as they haven't played anyone of note yet

For long periods Everton looked the better side for example!

I don't think they necessarily have addressed it as they haven't played anyone of note yet

For long periods Everton looked the better side for example!

I agree Everton looked the better side for long periods, but I actually think that is precisely why United have addressed it. They didn't win that type of game 4-0 last season. It was a 0-0, or a late 1-1. Scraping a draw against a team of note is fine by the way, and actually Everton were expected to be in that category before the season kicked off. But basically it's the games United were expected to win at home and didn't is where the main problem was and I feel they have addressed that significantly early on given their goal difference. They may not have played better on the eye every single time but they are more set up now to finish teams off regardless. That is what we could always do more of.

Poch isn't infallible. I'm simply saying he works with the players daily and is likely a better judge of form than you. He also has to make a decision on the value of a player who is still getting goals - goals being a commodity that, despite your bullshit, are the single most important thing an attacking player can contribute. It just so happens that right now Poch appears to agree with me and not you.

To put it simply, I'll take his word over yours any day because he is far more qualified. That doesn't mean I will agree with every single thing he says or does. But on this occasion the assessment of Dele is not as cut and dried as you are making it out to be and Poch has to decide that if he drops a source of goals he can replace those goals from the same position on the pitch. I think the only credible argument for dropping him would be if you could put a player in his position who could provide lots of assists for Kane, Llorente, Son, etc. Who is that player?

Erik 'Farkin' Lamela!!!! :lamelaaghh:

Soon.... I hope....

Dying to see him in this 3421!

Back
Top Bottom