Switch to 4-4-2 if Kane leaves?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't like it last year because it seemed we were doing it in large part to work in Doherty. I don't think 3 at the back works well when our top 3 CB's are Sanchez, Toby and Dier as really you want all 3 of those guys in the middle role (well ideally you don't want Sanchez or Dier there at all). I also think that in the second half of the season Reguilon has shown he is looking more like a LWB than a LB. So yes I am much more on board with it now than I was last year.

I am not sure how the MF would work, but I think that is a mess no matter what formation we play. We likely need changes there but need to focus on other areas of the team so will have to go with another season of meh in the MF.
Play three at the back and u get an extra body in the middle third no matter whether you play 352 or 343

Back
Top Bottom