Tactics under Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think Moura will suddenly be the main man.
He's no Robben lets be honest. Lamela probably suits Mourinho more.

Jose is so tactically nimble I’m not sure if we’ll have set tactics.

The man will game-plan for every match. Players will know exactly what they’re supposed to be doing.

I think at first we’ll probably be more compact/boring because he’ll want us to be defensively sound.

I think we have enough flexibility in our squad to get it to work initially. It wont be pretty.

Sessegnon will get time for sure.

Wondering how he'll manage to start 2 x reliable DM's when we haven't got a single one in our squad?

[FORMATION=433, Lloris, Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Toby, Rose, Dier, Lo Celso, Winks, Lucas, Kane, Son][/FORMATION]

This is my thinking, Dele to be made an 'example' of and axed then sold next summer. Money to be spent on full backs, Aurier to be first choice at the beginning but Jose to hate him. Toby to sign on - Jan and Vertonghen out in Jan or contracts expire. Rose to be sold. Ndombele to become a bit part player. Been trying to find videos of him talking about us on Sky cause I think those would be interesting to watch now. As much as I wanted Poch to stay and think this is the wrong call, I am excited that now I have no clue what is going to happen. It's almost like getting dumped and then you come to the realisation that now you're single you can do whatever you want.

I like that he said it's the talent in the squad that excites him. That, straight off, is being tactical. Flattery, recognition of their promise and intimation of great things to come together is what the players need to hear. They've got to feel excited together as a unit.

(I wonder how they do all feel. We know for Ben and Dele it's a bittersweet moment for sure. I certainly don't buy into the talk of it being a surprise. It seems apparent now that that meal out for Poch the players organised the other week spelt out last supper.)

Ndombele to become a bit part player.

On the basis on what? Ndombele will finally be played every game, it’s Poch that used him as a bit part player. Jose would love a powerful runner, who’s strong physically and that’s before talking about his superb passing and vision.
Dier/Skipp will be featuring a lot more, we probably will have a flat back 4 and pace on the wings.

Park the bus, Park the bus, Tottenham Hotspur, Park the bus, Park the bus, I say, Park the bus, Park the bus, Tottenham Hotspur, Playing football the Mourinho way.

I can hear it now.

On the basis on what? Ndombele will finally be played every game, it’s Poch that used him as a bit part player. Jose would love a powerful runner, who’s strong physically and that’s before talking about his superb passing and vision.
Dier/Skipp will be featuring a lot more, we probably will have a flat back 4 and pace on the wings.

Strange notion seeing some people act like Mourinho has been living in a cave for the past few years.

I'm not going to try and anticipate Mourinho's tactics and team choices but Ndombele was billed as the new Michael Essien when we signed him so we might see a bit more of him now. I'm also particularly interested to see what he does to shore up our defence.

I love Ndombele and think had Poch stayed a bit longer he would have been amazing for us (he still may be great for us and I hope he is) but I don't agree that he is a powerful runner. He is not a great runner at all and struggles to cover the pitch in all honesty. Again I think he is a fantastic footballer and if he improves that side of the game will be one of the best Centre mids in the league, I think it is a part of his game that goes along with 'adapting to the Prem'. The post was a prediction of what I think life under Mourinho would be like, as per the basis of this thread - no need to get all jumpy about it.

Back
Top Bottom