Tactics under Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[FORMATION=433, Lloris, Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Toby, Rose, Dier, Lo Celso, Winks, Lucas, Kane, Son][/FORMATION]

This is my thinking, Dele to be made an 'example' of and axed then sold next summer. Money to be spent on full backs, Aurier to be first choice at the beginning but Jose to hate him. Toby to sign on - Jan and Vertonghen out in Jan or contracts expire. Rose to be sold. Ndombele to become a bit part player. Been trying to find videos of him talking about us on Sky cause I think those would be interesting to watch now. As much as I wanted Poch to stay and think this is the wrong call, I am excited that now I have no clue what is going to happen. It's almost like getting dumped and then you come to the realisation that now you're single you can do whatever you want.

I think Winks' days are numbered now. Mourinho likes powerful athletes in midfield and Winks is the total opposite of a midfielder he typically likes.

I think Winks' days are numbered now. Mourinho likes powerful athletes in midfield and Winks is the total opposite of a midfielder he typically likes.
I think he will get game time until the end of the season, but will spend big on a DM in the some IMO. Shame as I enjoy Winks and I think playing next to a guy like Dier is actually his best position as opposed to what he is being asked to play.

[FORMATION=433, Lloris, Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Toby, Rose, Dier, Lo Celso, Winks, Lucas, Kane, Son][/FORMATION]

This is my thinking, Dele to be made an 'example' of and axed then sold next summer. Money to be spent on full backs, Aurier to be first choice at the beginning but Jose to hate him. Toby to sign on - Jan and Vertonghen out in Jan or contracts expire. Rose to be sold. Ndombele to become a bit part player. Been trying to find videos of him talking about us on Sky cause I think those would be interesting to watch now. As much as I wanted Poch to stay and think this is the wrong call, I am excited that now I have no clue what is going to happen. It's almost like getting dumped and then you come to the realisation that now you're single you can do whatever you want.
Dier and Winks ahead of Ndombele and Dele - have a nap

He'll sort the defence, that's for sure.

I can see Dier being bought back into midfield. Ndombele will play, whilst Son and Kane are the only guarantees. My worries are with Winks, Sissoko and some of the youth.

I’m not a big fan of Winks, he tends to spend the game passing short passes sideways.
Im hoping that Lucas will get a lot more game time now. I think he is a great hope for the future and has just not been given a fair amount of playing time to get into the team and his fellow players, let alone the EPL.
I also have great confidence in the future of Lo Celso and I’m thinking he will be Mou’s kind of player.

I'd hugely regret it if Jose shifted Dele. He's still very young with a point to prove. Not on it last 18 months but there have been signs recently. 100% keep for me.

The staff will be:

João Sacramento como treinador-adjunto (ex-Lille), Nuno Santos Treinador de GR (ex-Lille), Ricardo Formosinho (Olheiro), Carlos Lalin (Treinador de Fitness) e Giovanni Cerra (Análise).

Most important thing would be to start winning games regularly again.
3 wins from 12 in the league is awful so far.

Next would be to actually win away from home.

Dont really care how we play short term, we just need to build confidence and a winning mentality

Tactics you say?!
E7-D5-E0-F1-A370-4-A28-90-E5-3-BA7-B637-C454.jpg

Welcome to the wacky world of 1 goal wins

He'll sort the defence, that's for sure.

I can see Dier being bought back into midfield. Ndombele will play, whilst Son and Kane are the only guarantees. My worries are with Winks, Sissoko and some of the youth.

Can definitely see Dier being our six for the rest of the season.

Mourinho will absolutely love him.

Back
Top Bottom