Tactics under Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I haven't read all the pages of this thread and I am not that clever in terms of tactics, but I got a very strong feeling that one of the key parts of his project with us is what he will do with Alli. I think he's got big ideas about him and this is the key moment for Alli's career. We'll see

Huge myth about poch promoting youth tbh. Winks is the only one that has broke through. Mou gave rashford mctominay to mention 2 regular football. Frank has done it at chelsea because he had to. Every other club what manager just throws kids in
What about Kane? Skipp, KWP and Onomah have all played a decent amount of football for Poch as well.

Seems like an odd observation, Lucas actually presses very aggressively and continually for a winger/forward. If anything he has the most defensive input out of him, Kane and Son.
I was referring more to how I don't seem to see lucas tracking back as much, but might just be me not noticing.

[FORMATION=4231,Gazza,Aurier,Toby,Sanchez,Rose,Dier,Ndombele,Moura,Lo Celso,Son,Kane]away-kit[/FORMATION]

Think we’ll line up pretty close to this Saturday. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ericksen gets the nod over Lo Celso. With only a few training sessions in my guess is Jose goes with the more experienced players for this one. Moving forward though we’ll just have to wait and see. He did seem to be bonding with Dele in that trading video. Hoping N’dombele , Lo Celso and Lucas are featured more moving forward.

I don't understand why people think we will park the bus. Mourinho's Chelsea and Madrid teams scored 100+ goals a season.
It's weird... I always thought 'Parking the bus' related to the DEFENSIVE side of the game... not the attacking bit!

Technically, you can Park The Bus (ie: do everything within your power NOT to concede) but you're still 'allowed' to score a goal or two, surely??

Mourinho is known for his interesting use of players. Many have commented on how much Foyth looks like a ready made DM, good passing, defensively sound, clever.

Wouldn’t be surprised against the likes of Man City to see him and Dier in a 4-2-3-1 combo.

Mourinho is known for his interesting use of players. Many have commented on how much Foyth looks like a ready made DM, good passing, defensively sound, clever.

Wouldn’t be surprised against the likes of Man City to see him and Dier in a 4-2-3-1 combo.
Well, he might stick with him at RB like he did with Ivanovic, another CB turned RB...

I haven't read all the pages of this thread and I am not that clever in terms of tactics, but I got a very strong feeling that one of the key parts of his project with us is what he will do with Alli. I think he's got big ideas about him and this is the key moment for Alli's career. We'll see

Totally agree. This is a pivotal point in Alli's career - from here we will see whether he goes on to become the player we all hope he can be.

Great opportunity for him, and I think it comes at the right time for him too. He's been dropped from the England squad, which seems to have focussed him on the football side of things again. I'm really excited to see what happens here.

Can see a massive chance for Dele and Dier here esp the former, Mourinho will utilise his strengths and improve his weaknesses hopefully and we will see the spark return in him-very high hopes this is great timing for Del boy.

In terms of formation/team selection I reckon the old guard will get their chance to return to form - Toby, Rose, Dier possibly Eriksen I expect to see regularly for the first while at least and see where they are at, reckon he will stick with Sanchez and teach him how to defend - he likes an athletic CB and hes certainly that.
Can defo see the deep lying midfielder role being Dier and having that ability to change to a back 3 during games will be a huge bonus I think Jose would love that tactical flexibility on the pitch without having to make a sub.
Gazza
Aurier Toby Dave Rose
Dier Ndombele
Eriksen/lo Celso Dele Son
Kane

Dele to get close to Harry again playing centrally.

Can see a massive chance for Dele and Dier here esp the former, Mourinho will utilise his strengths and improve his weaknesses hopefully and we will see the spark return in him-very high hopes this is great timing for Del boy.

In terms of formation/team selection I reckon the old guard will get their chance to return to form - Toby, Rose, Dier possibly Eriksen I expect to see regularly for the first while at least and see where they are at, reckon he will stick with Sanchez and teach him how to defend - he likes an athletic CB and hes certainly that.
Can defo see the deep lying midfielder role being Dier and having that ability to change to a back 3 during games will be a huge bonus I think Jose would love that tactical flexibility on the pitch without having to make a sub.
Gazza
Aurier Toby Dave Rose
Dier Ndombele
Eriksen/lo Celso Dele Son
Kane

Dele to get close to Harry again playing centrally.
Sanchez is an interesting one.

In the UEL final against ajax, JM had a clear plan to pressure sanchez and it worked.

I think (sink 😂) he will stay with TA and JV until he feels confident that sanchez will be more reliable.

I think the conclusion from this match is that right now, Mourinho cannot rely on this team to surrender possession, play in a low block and see the game out. Between fatigue and player qualities we cannot maintain the focus to do that. Right now, he’s going to have to adapt his style to rely on a lot more possession to control matches. Which will be a major change for him.

Back
Top Bottom