Tactics under Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not stopping you fella if that's your desire.
I feel you have been issuing an ultimatum to Levy for weeks now, Guido. Either the Portugeezer goes or you do. And I know there is only so much caveman football I can handle. That is why I don't watch my international team (Ireland).
Nothing I've said about Arteta remotely qualifies to jizzing, absolutely nothing to bass him on if he's good or bad. There are signs of an identity to their play though, that's all I have observed and communicated on.
Jism has been spilt, Guido. Your jism. I know it. You know it. The people know it. Let's just hope you have been ejaculating prematurely, eh?

To be honest, little bits and bobs like that don't usually trigger me. Many managers will say stuff after a game and I think most do it in an attempt to draw something away from the performance and Jose is perhaps easily the best there is at doing it.

But kinda shocked by this. I've no major issue with Davies, I like him he's a very reliable pro and when Rose first got injured he did a wonderful job, mainly because he wasn't rotated and had to play almost every game in a spot that's physically demanding. But to have your attacking structure scuppered (can't find a different solution) because you can't use him as the 3rd CB when we have the ball is jaw-dropping.

For me it's just another drop in the ocean of Mourinho excuses. Also having a little go at Eriksen. For starters he could stop using him. Second of all he could stop playing him to his weaknesses. Having him as an 8 (6) which only job is defending isn't exactly getting the best out of him.

Loving the tactics conversations amongst fans, football manager at its best. I think we should just let Jose do his thing, he knows more about this than all of us plus he sees them in training everyday so he knows who the best players to pick for the game

Loving the tactics conversations amongst fans, football manager at its best. I think we should just let Jose do his thing, he knows more about this than all of us plus he sees them in training everyday so he knows who the best players to pick for the game
I guess we should just shut down the forums then!

Let Levy sign the players, Mou coach the team and the fans just shut up and pay the 1k for the season ticket :)

Has anyone watched today's press conference? Jose says how all his tactics and plans fallen due to injuries, starting from Davies. I agree with that, our games with Davies not going forward when we regained possesion and turning into CB were really decent, now we are back from playing what we want to play to playing what is actually possible. Sad that luck seems never to be on our side.
He Played 1 game.

His press conference today is worth a watch. The last few minutes discuss what plans he had for the team when he joined but injuries have disturbed them. He doesn’t say it but gives off the air that he’s been fire fighting ever since.

The problem with any tactics is that other teams find a way of defeating them. Tactics need to be constantly evolving and not only do you need a plan b but a plan c if A&B are not working. Saturday we started with Aurier in midfield as WB but after the subs he went into a back 4, Tananga moved to LB to replace Rose. He might start with that plan today but either way there needs to be enough doubt in opposition's Managers minds to not know exactly how A Manager will set his team up.

I can't fathom people criticizing Jose already when you consider the following:

1. He's not had a real period of time to work with this squad to instill his philosophy/approach
2. We're dealing with a lot of injuries to key players
3. The squad was severely under invested in for years and is now showing the effects of that

We've moved from 14th to 8th.

I can't fathom people criticizing Jose already when you consider the following:

1. He's not had a real period of time to work with this squad to instill his philosophy/approach
2. We're dealing with a lot of injuries to key players
3. The squad was severely under invested in for years and is now showing the effects of that

We've moved from 14th to 8th.

That type of comment needs killing with fire IMO. Everyone knows that mid table was a freak tight bunch when Pochettino was sacked with any team jumping those types of places in an afternoon. Overall the league form of Mourinho is 5 wins, 1 draw, 4 lost.

A very positive start but now he is reverting to type - persona wise. Utterly bored by his blame/excuse interviews already.

That type of comment needs killing with fire IMO. Everyone knows that mid table was a freak tight bunch when Pochettino was sacked with any team jumping those types of places in an afternoon. Overall the league form of Mourinho is 5 wins, 1 draw, 4 lost.

A very positive start but now he is reverting to type - persona wise. Utterly bored by his blame/excuse interviews already.
Jose is averaging more points per match than Poch was this year, regardless of how bunched the table is.

If you expand it out to the start of 2019 I'm sure Poch's numbers would be even worse.

Fact is Jose has improved the performance of the squad despite the difficulties. Anyone writing him off when he hasn't had a summer to both work with the squad and get some players in is being way too reactionary.

Tottenham played his first choice 4-2-3-1 (biulding in a 3-2-4-1) today. But he inverted it. The left back was the one pushing high - as many were asking; the right back (man of the match), the defensive one - right center back when in possession. I like it.

-

Back
Top Bottom