Takehiro Tomiyasu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm torn with what to think about this. Lad was well up for coming to Spurs so can't be a bad egg.
But don't want him to do well for obvious reasons.

I guess the best outcome is that he does ok in a poor team then leaves. Ideally after they go down.

Just saw that. Wtf is going on there? Very strange that was actually broadcast.
Always good to laugh but just emphasises just how unprofessional the presenter is (I believe he's Spurs) but ultimately the broadcaster Sky is. I think the only time for "banter" on-air is if the pundits/presenters involved are of rival clubs and can give as good as they get. But so much of it is without the right to reply, all for the aid of memes.

Just want a media that's impartial and trusted, this kinda erodes all of that for me. I don't care if it's against them, because it will about us tomorrow (I'm used to it too, what with almost zero representation & a media dominated by ex-Woolwich, ex-Utd, ex-Liverpool)

Always good to laugh but just emphasises just how unprofessional the presenter is (I believe he's Spurs) but ultimately the broadcaster Sky is. I think the only time for "banter" on-air is if the pundits/presenters involved are of rival clubs and can give as good as they get. But so much of it is without the right to reply, all for the aid of memes.

Just want a media that's impartial and trusted, this kinda erodes all of that for me. I don't care if it's against them, because it will about us tomorrow (I'm used to it too, what with almost zero representation & a media dominated by ex-Woolwich, ex-Utd, ex-Liverpool)
He ain’t Spurs

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Eh?

Charlie & Ben were both FBs by trade.
Not really. Corluka was slow and played much better as a CB, especially after leaving spurs. I also think since Davies lost a bit of pace he's more suited to playing CB like he does for Wales.

I'm torn with what to think about this. Lad was well up for coming to Spurs so can't be a bad egg.
But don't want him to do well for obvious reasons.

I guess the best outcome is that he does ok in a poor team then leaves. Ideally after they go down.
Pretty much sums my feelings up on it perfectly, and especially after it appears we've kept him strung along somewhat all summer over a move. I'm glad he's actually got the PL transfer, although yes to the scum is a bit of a shame.

It really will be a sliding doors moment regarding this and Emerson. I do think, overall, it seems like we've got the better player (not to mention the one more suited to being an out-and-out RB) but football can be a funny thing, and we'll have to look back in a year or two to see who was the better deal.

Not really. Corluka was slow and played much better as a CB, especially after leaving spurs. I also think since Davies lost a bit of pace he's more suited to playing CB like he does for Wales.

You're talking about the twilight of their careers..... Tomiyasu is 21.

Last edited:
I think we have our own version of this guy with tanganga. We were linked early in the summer with him but i think that went quiet when nuno had a good look at japhet and said no need to fork 20 mil when we have a better version

I think we have our own version of this guy with tanganga. We were linked early in the summer with him but i think that went quiet when nuno had a good look at japhet and said no need to fork 20 mil when we have a better version
Absolutely this, and Alasdair Gold just said similarly on TFC podcast. We can't really complain about Tanganga being a nice surprise at the start of the season - free, homegrown, loves the club. I have nothing against Tomiyasu but as you say, no need for another CB/RB hybrid player in our ranks and a direct upgrade on Aurier in the form of Emerson Royal is a good move.

Back
Top Bottom