Talking Footballs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

New football looks quite nice for a change. But fucking me the amount of marketing bollocks around it is going to be annoying.

To justify a thread for such triviality my favourites are:
Good tool old Minerva Supreme, a north London company, guess they had lazy sales reps who only sold locally to schools and football teams as I don't remember playing with much else at the time. Had a tendency to be hard as a bullet though but ultimately held up well when wet, unlike the Mitre which was like a sponge and would double in weight. But I think it was just the typeface that I liked(??)
minerva-1964.jpg

BwG6Xr0IcAAtcEL.jpg

But still my ultimate is this beauty:
Cb2J42HWAAESjXG

I think, but probably wrong, it was introduced in 1982 World Cup.

New football looks quite nice for a change. But fucking me the amount of marketing bollocks around it is going to be annoying.

To justify a thread for such triviality my favourites are:
Good tool old Minerva Supreme, a north London company, guess they had lazy sales reps who only sold locally to schools and football teams as I don't remember playing with much else at the time. Had a tendency to be hard as a bullet though but ultimately held up well when wet, unlike the Mitre which was like a sponge and would double in weight. But I think it was just the typeface that I liked(??)
minerva-1964.jpg

BwG6Xr0IcAAtcEL.jpg

But still my ultimate is this beauty:
Cb2J42HWAAESjXG

I think, but probably wrong, it was introduced in 1982 World Cup.

I had a replica of this beauty bought for me by my dad.
It got some serious use and I remember the bollocking I got for taking it out onto the street.
It came back from that outing very scuffed.
Was never the same after it got half the coating shredded playing kerby

Back
Top Bottom