Tanguy Ndombele the great centre-mid hope

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a catch 22 with Ndombele.

It's clear he has all the physical attributes and potential to be a monster, one of the best midfielders around. However, he hasn't shown that enough. He can look lazy and seems injury prone to an extent. He looks great in some periods, like when coming on vs City and Liverpool, and some of the games I've seen in the Champions League.

We could sell him and he goes on to be one of the best players around, but we could also keep him and if he has another season like this one we have then lost a fortune.

I'm very much in the keep camp, and I don't think Mourinho would be investing time in him, such has one on one training sessions, if he wasn't interested in keeping him.

If he begins to push to leave then I wouldn't stand in his way, as I only want players who want to be at the club. However, we need to be sure we get the best deal for us.

'Many Spurs fans have again shown their fickle nature by writing Ndombele off as a flop, someone who’s not up to it, someone who needs to be sold to a less physical league whilst they’re still yearning for the return of Gareth Bale. A man who had a notoriously difficult start to life at Spurs.'

This type of thing, turning the situation into a criticism of the fans, pisses me off.

The guy ISN'T TRYING. There is no excuse for that.

I know Jamie Carragher is a twat who spits on schoolgirls but he was absolutely spot on here:

Agreed. It has absolutely fuck all to do with being fickle. Ndombele has done fuck all to win fans over. That Carragher analysis made me sick. Ndombele has been lazy cunt with a shit attitude (so far).

For those who are saying, “oh he’s only young, let’s give him a chance”. He is supposedly on £200k a week.

I get rid of slow, stupid or lazy labourers who are on a tenner an hour. Ndombele has job security - he has it good. Either he pulls his finger out or fucks off.

'Many Spurs fans have again shown their fickle nature by writing Ndombele off as a flop, someone who’s not up to it, someone who needs to be sold to a less physical league whilst they’re still yearning for the return of Gareth Bale. A man who had a notoriously difficult start to life at Spurs.'

This type of thing, turning the situation into a criticism of the fans, pisses me off.

The guy ISN'T TRYING. There is no excuse for that.

I know Jamie Carragher is a twat who spits on schoolgirls but he was absolutely spot on here:

There are different types of player and Sissoko is very good at what he does.

You mean pointing at shit?

This is what not trying also looks like. Watch your boy Sissoko's half arsed ambling instead of sprinting to press Atsu. Cost us three points:

Agreed. It has absolutely fuck all to do with being fickle. Ndombele has done fuck all to win fans over. That Carragher analysis made me sick. Ndombele has been lazy cunt with a shit attitude (so far).

For those who are saying, “oh he’s only young, let’s give him a chance”. He is supposedly on £200k a week.

I get rid of slow, stupid or lazy labourers who are on a tenner an hour. Ndombele has job security - he has it good. Either he pulls his finger out or fucks off.

Dead right.

You mean pointing at shit?

This is what not trying also looks like. Watch your boy Sissoko's half arsed ambling instead of sprinting to press Atsu. Cost us three points:

Carragher's analysis sums up Ndombele.

The lacking of pressing against Newcastle doesn't sum up Sissoko.

Everybody can find one example of a player making a mistake.

Would you insist that Kane is transfer listed the next time he misses a chance?

The lacking of pressing against Newcastle doesn't sum up Sissoko.

Everybody can find one example of a player making a mistake.

It does sum up Sissoko, I’ve continually highlighted him doing it, and also constantly hiding from receiving the ball. And, like Carragher, I (and others) have posted clips to back it up.

That’s not making a mistake. It’s endemic, repetition of shitness.

And if you look back in the Ndombele thread you’ll find plenty of people, including outside (of TFC) independent people highlighting and providing evidence that Ndombele wasn’t as bad, or worse than many in that game. I posted examples of people who actually took the time and effort and posted video clips of others repeatedly doing the same.

He definitely wasn’t blameless, but he was scapegoated. For doing the kind of shit Sissoko gets his name sung for.

Back
Top Bottom