Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So just like Sammy, you don't wanna understand the meaning of 'Enough quality'? You'd also say, that Burnley had a stronger team than ours last time out?

They gave us a good game at home, 5-0 flattered us, but we had players available to finish the chances we created...which is the point.

You can be realistic or use it to try and make a point about Jose to be negative. You've made your choice.

You think he's going to be sacked? Is there any point in your fucking constant griping?

Poch is legend. Took a team worse than Burnley to the Chl Final. Half the players you picked (Lo Celso, Gedson and Bergwijn) he didn't even get to work with. Maybe think about that next time you call him out
No he took a team that was better than Chelsea, City, Utd and Liverpool in one season but finished behind Leicester and Woolwich.

He didn’t get to work with them because he bought Ndombele and Sessengon for 89M (who I’d sell tomorrow) and benched Lo Celso, the only good one who he only loaned.

He made us worse than Burnley.

Last edited:
On another note, anyone watched Lyon this season? I heard they're playing as shite as we are, I wonder how much correlation it has with Ndombele coming to us. Was he their Moussa Dembele? It would make a bit more sense to me if that's what we thought we were buying if that's the case, though I still no have any idea how his fitness level is so bad. I mean, I know the French league isn't the fastest pace but jesus I almost never want to sign a French league player again at this rate. (My vote is always for the Dutch league for the record)

On another note, anyone watched Lyon this season? I heard they're playing as shite as we are, I wonder how much correlation it has with Ndombele coming to us. Was he their Moussa Dembele? It would make a bit more sense to me if that's what we thought we were buying if that's the case, though I still no have any idea how his fitness level is so bad. I mean, I know the French league isn't the fastest pace but jesus I almost never want to sign a French league player again at this rate. (My vote is always for the Dutch league for the record)

New managers who haven't panned out well and the loss of not just Ndombele but key players to their system such as Mendy and Fekir.

Depay being injured hasn't helped either.

No he took a team that was better than Chelsea, City, Utd and Liverpool in one season but finished behind Leicester and Woolwich.

He didn’t get to work with them because he picked Ndombele and Sessengon (who Od sell tomorrow) and benched Lo Celso, the only good one who he only loaned.

He made us worse than Burnley.

So this last summer we were better than everyone, and now we are bottom of the league. There ought to be something for a world class manager to work with. And don't say Llorente and Trippier were the whole difference.

We shouldn't be selling those two players. With a bit of coaching they could both be vital players moving on. Lo Celso had been at Copa America so he had his vacation during pre-season. He never reached the right fitness level under Poch. You didn't seem to get the memo, that the loan deal was favourable for Betis.

So this last summer we were better than everyone
We were shit this last summer and hadn’t won an away game in the PL since January.

Moura and Llorente carried Poch through the CL quarters and semis after Kane got injured and helped us paper over the cracks of our relegation form.
Then this amazing progressive manager decided to drop them both for Kane who wasn’t fit and we became predictable and piss easy to defend against.

Without Moura in Holland and Llorente in Manchester, none of you would be singing Pochs praises.

You’ve been blinded by a cup run, and overlooked the managers inabilities as the key reason we lost the game. Even after the penalty we dominated possession in the middle of the pitch but had no outlet because Kane was nonexistent and should have been hooked after 20 minutes when it was obvious the experiment had failed spectacularly.

Funny how Jose made Lo Celso permanent literally the first day he could isn’t it?
What memo did you get?
Lo Celso was fit but not playing for us........he went to play for Argentina though, where he got injured.
Pochs two year incubation period should have been for the ineffective and cumbersome Ndombele, but he backed the wrong player as per usual, simple as that.

Last edited:
So on the flip side, in future, we can only expect you to criticize the teams performance if everyone is 100% fit?
Me? Not at all. I think it’s a massive excuse as to why we aren’t scoring, goals, but that doesn’t mean Dele has a right to miss 11 sitters in 5 games.
Nor does is excuse Hugo being atrocious.

However it plays a part and has a knock on effect on the overall performance.

You on the other hand agree that injuries are “no excuse”.

We were shit this last summer and hadn’t won an away game in the PL since January.

Moura and Llorente carried Poch through the CL quarters and semis after Kane got injured and helped us paper over the cracks of our relegation form.
Then this amazing progressive manager decided to drop them both for Kane who wasn’t fit and we became predictable and piss easy to defend against.

Without Moura in Holland and Llorente in Manchester, none of you would be singing Pochs praises.

You’ve been blinded by a cup run, and overlooked the managers inabilities as the key reason we lost the game. Even after the penalty we dominated possession in the middle of the pitch but had no outlet because Kane was nonexistent and should have been hooked after 20 minutes when it was obvious the experiment had failed spectacularly.

Funny how Jose made Lo Celso permanent literally the first day he could isn’t it?
What memo did you get?
Lo Celso was fit but not playing for us........he went to play for Argentina though, where he got injured.
Pochs two year incubation period should have been for the ineffective and cumbersome Ndombele, but he backed the wrong player as per usual, simple as that.

So Poch found a solution to Kane's injury. He took this old bloke, Llorente, who couldn't play twice a week, and made him relevant.

I agree Kane shouldn't have started the final, but imagine the scenes here if we had lost without him.

It was a loan for Lo Celso cos then we could pay loan-rates to Betis who didn't have to pay PSG as much in the sell-on-clause. The fit Lo Celso got injured for Argentina. Great.

As far as you're concerned, Ndombele's job here is done? I still belive we'll get our star player if Jose hasn't given up on him

Me? Not at all. I think it’s a massive excuse as to why we aren’t scoring, goals, but that doesn’t mean Dele has a right to miss 11 sitters in 5 games.
Nor does is excuse Hugo being atrocious.

However it plays a part and has a knock on effect on the overall performance.

You on the other hand agree that injuries are “no excuse”.

I agree with Dele, there should have been enough quality left in the squad to put up a fight against Leipzig (and Burnley, but that wasn't Dele's words). That doesn't seem to be the case for the manager, who would be a very important person in these games

Well that's what your gaffer wants you to believe, and it seems like the brainwash has worked
But you said:
I'm not saying Kane and Son wouldn't add quality

Seems like you still want to agree with Dele that injuries are “no excuse”, but at the same time believe we lack quality due to injuries.

Cant you see that there is no grey areas here. You cannot believe both.

Last edited:
But you said:

Seems like you still want to agree with Dele that injuries are “no excuse”, but at the same time believe we lack quality due to injuries.

I'm saying that the gaffer has you brainwashed. It didn't stop you from criticising Poch at the end of last season when he had loads of players out.

So I've been saying...now keep your concentration level up...that despite of missing Kane and Son, we should still have enough quality left to overcome Burnley and put up a fight against Leipzig.
I've also said, that of course we are stronger without any injuries.

How is that contradictory? The one doesn't exclude the other

Maybe injuries are an excuse to not play our best. But not enough of an excuse for us to be as bad as we are.

At least when we played with Poch's under invested team we could still have 70% possession despite easing off the press, could thrash chelsea despite the diamond issues. Even if we played badly at least we wanted to score and played without fear (at least against average and shit teams).

So yes Sammy injuries do excuse Jose somewhat. But even with what he has leftover he has been pathetic and embarassing.

There's setting up like a Spurs team ravaged with injuries. And there's setting up like a pub team of cunts who have never played away at Barca.

I'm saying that the gaffer has you brainwashed. It didn't stop you from criticising Poch at the end of last season when he had loads of players out.

So I've been saying...now keep your concentration level up...that despite of missing Kane and Son, we should still have enough quality left to overcome Burnley and put up a fight against Leipzig.
I've also said, that of course we are stronger without any injuries.

How is that contradictory? The one doesn't exclude the other
It’s contradicting because “NO excuse” means that Kane and Son missing shouldn’t matter, so lacking their quality can’t possibly be part of any excuse. How is that not obvious to you?

We should have been better against Burnley etc.......but as you see with Dele being a completely shit CF, we have a perfectly valid excuse for not winning the game, despite creating 13 shots.
Two were on target......not having our two biggest goal threats is an excuse for not being better in THAT area.
You said there was “no excuse”.
There is, despite the fact we should have played better in other areas.

Jose hasn’t brainwashed me at all. I have zero problem laying into him and have done.

Not signing a short term striker
Playing Dier CB when we have 4
Not playing Dier at DM
Not intergrating Parrot
Not playing Skipp DM
Not making early changes anymore

I don’t have messiahs, my only concern is what’s best for the club.
That’s why I was the only person saying drop Kane two years ago as it was best for the club, for him, and for our TWO back up strikers to get games.

Nope, you all got what you wanted from Poch, and this right now is his legacy, not Jose’s.

Back
Top Bottom