Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Comment

Register to remove

Petit thinks Jose was right in calling Ndombele not so petite...
I agree.

“When he wakes up every morning he needs to ask the same question, ‘Am I doing the best I can?’
Well I'm glad we have the Woolwich opinion on the matter covered.

Comment
Well I'm glad we have the Woolwich opinion on the matter covered.
Petit may have been scum, but he was a ridiculously talented player who I never saw put less than 100% in any game I happened to watch. Ndombele should maybe take what a player who lifted the World Cup after scoring in the final says onboard. He earned his wages.

Almost exactly the type of player our midfield are currently crying out for tbh.

Comment
Petit may have been scum, but he was a ridiculously talented player who I never saw put less than 100% in any game I happened to watch. Ndombele should maybe take what a player who lifted the World Cup after scoring in the final says onboard. He earned his wages.

Almost exactly the type of player our midfield are currently crying out for tbh.
Or counterpoint fuck Petit.

Comment

Wellsey

Supporter
Great talent on the ball but if we could get the money back I'll probably would take it at the this moment.

If Levy gets our money back it would eclipse paying WHU £2.5m for Carrick then selling him for £18m a few years later?

Comment
If we get our money back sell him asap.It has never been a talent problem the problem has been his application something he has had issues before.The man is lazy and that I am afraid will not change
Its been seen a hundred times before with plenty of other players. What should be being asked is who scouted him and who thought it was a good idea to buy him. Because at the moment it looks like neither person should be still in their jobs (I'm assuming one isn't).

Comment

Register to remove

ErikLamela'sHip

RIP Cheeseroom
On the basis of what I've seen so far Petit is spot on.

If we could get on or near our outlay on him this summer I would take it. That's not likely so I would persevere for a season. Can't let him go for peanuts.

Comment
If we can get our money back, or close to it, let him go. I don't see any sign that he has the character to succeed in English football.

I understand why we signed him, Poch wanted someone who could dribble like Dembele, but he doesn't have the agression or physical qualities to succeed him. He needs to completely change his approach to life and work if he is going to repay the faith we have put in him. For a club like us to spend £65m on a player from Ligue 1 was a massive risk and it seems like we may end up looking foolish.

Comment

ErikLamela'sHip

RIP Cheeseroom
If we can get our money back, or close to it, let him go. I don't see any sign that he has the character to succeed in English football.

I understand why we signed him, Poch wanted someone who could dribble like Dembele, but he doesn't have the agression or physical qualities to succeed him. He needs to completely change his approach to life and work if he is going to repay the faith we have put in him. For a club like us to spend £65m on a player from Ligue 1 was a massive risk and it seems like we may end up looking foolish.
Wary of the Occam's razor approach but I think we should think very carefully before buying players from Ligue 1 again, especially with such a high price tag. We've had our fingers burned a few times now. I don't think the league prepares you well for the intensity of football over here, where every game is hard fought.

Comment
Like we will get what we paid for Ndombele back if we sell him, what planet do people live on? What is the upside for any team paying 60 million for a fat lazy cunt like Ndombele? Would have been impossible at the best of times, coupled with the huge losses in revenue and a fan base with less disposal income on the other side of the pandemic we'd be lucky to get 15 million euros.

Comment
I think we all agree the talent is there. The fitness has been abysmal injuries may or may not have had a significant effect on this. This enforced break should tell the doubters everything they need to know. If he comes back, competes a mini pre season and is as fit as the rest of the squad then fair play to him.

I dont think it is. I think its an fundamental attitude (to an energetic playing style) and desire problem. (and I say this carefully given the 'lazy' tropes that can be aimed at black plack players.) I said it early on, and i havent changed my mind. When JM threw him under the bus early on you either accept theres a massive problem with him or that the most successful manager of the last 15 years doesnt know what he's looking at. I say sell him, for whatever we can get. I doubt he can ever come good in this league. Keeping him is just too big a gamble for our club.

Comment

Register to remove

was he really fat before? I have seen him in training and he doesn’t appear to be fat? Where are you getting this from?
Him blowing out his arse during the warm up. Perhaps unfit is a better word.

Feel free to argue semantics if you like, but our most talented midfielder has problems. Problems which I'm worried will compound in the shutdown.

Comment
Top Bottom