Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or off pitch.
TN doesn't train well either.
Fingers crossed TN will change his attitude.
Amazing I am hoping a £50 mill signing feels like he wants to put a bit more effort in.
Not sure I quite believe the training but tbf

we heard from Rose Ndombele was great in training, Trippier also said He’s heard how good he’s looked in Training & Jose himself said he’s been good since lockdown.

we heard from Rose Ndombele was great in training, Trippier also said He’s heard how good he’s looked in Training & Jose himself said he’s been good since lockdown.
OK.
I'm going by what Gold has said about his training efforts and how much TN puts into warming up during games and winding down after games.
AG reckons he doesn't give 100%.
Which is the minimum IMO. :rolleyes:

I am not sure that Rose is the most reliable source, especially when he was whining about the club and his supposed mistreatment. Him saying Ndombele was trying in practice and then not getting game time seems to help promote his idea that Spurs are not rewarding guys for hardwork rather than not playing wankers like him who have attitude problems.

Not really sure why Trippier would have much insight into the team. Sure he likely has contacts at the club but doubt that they are giving him tons of accurate scouting reports on Ndomebele's training.

I think Jose actions in not playing him say a lot more than his words trying to pump up the guys value do.

There have been multiple reports from those that have seen Ndombele in the past being lazy in training, when he is on the bench people can see that he doesn't put in the effort of others and on video clips he doesn't appear to be putting in a ton of effort. When everything is pointing that he is not doing enough at training I think that speaks a lot more than Rose and Trippiers comments.

I would also say for most people if there were reports of laziness or indifference most people would do everything to make sure those doubts were removed if they truly cared. Sure it might be tougher to do in the current environment but I think there are things to do to show you care.

Not really sure why Trippier would have much insight into the team. Sure he likely has contacts at the club but doubt that they are giving him tons of accurate scouting reports on Ndomebele's training.
Contacts 😂 Literally just left and would still be mates with all the squad.

Im sure if he’s spoken to them about him ( which he must have going by his comments ) then his mates aren’t going to lie or say something different to what’s actually happening.

The squad would be pretty pissed if they see a talented player not giving enough when we need them.

btw wasn’t that Ali gold comment about not working hard a sarcastic one which he clarified later.

Yep it was tongue in cheek from AG. He specifically said TN HAD been putting in a shift. Its evident in the images that he is leaner. I think people need stuff to talk about, we nearly beat United won the next game, and Locelso was impressive Its him or N'dombele which I'm fine with till we get an orthodox CDM.

Contacts 😂 Literally just left and would still be mates with all the squad.

Im sure if he’s spoken to them about him ( which he must have going by his comments ) then his mates aren’t going to lie or say something different to what’s actually happening.

The squad would be pretty pissed if they see a talented player not giving enough when we need them.

btw wasn’t that Ali gold comment about not working hard a sarcastic one which he clarified later.

Considering the way he left I doubt that he is mates with most of the squad let alone all of it. Plus i have a hard time believing that when he is talking to his pals on Spurs that the training habits of Ndombele is a topic that is gone into with much depth. It is much more likely that it was a passing comment like how is the new guy and the answer alright.

Maybe I am wrong and Trippier did ask for an in depth training report and his mates did give a detailed positive review but based on common sense and the reality of what we have seen from Ndombele it is very doubtful that that occurred and positive report was given.

Yep it was tongue in cheek from AG. He specifically said TN HAD been putting in a shift. Its evident in the images that he is leaner. I think people need stuff to talk about, we nearly beat United won the next game, and Locelso was impressive Its him or N'dombele which I'm fine with till we get an orthodox CDM.
Aside from for my blood pressure, it's a reason why I'd love us to smash Sheffield United tomorrow - get to a safe scoreline and Ndombele will get minutes from the bench. It's clear José didn't want to do so with the United and West Ham matches finely balanced late on.

4 games in 10 days, so we're gonna get some rotation, right?

Considering the way he left I doubt that he is mates with most of the squad let alone all of it. Plus i have a hard time believing that when he is talking to his pals on Spurs that the training habits of Ndombele is a topic that is gone into with much depth. It is much more likely that it was a passing comment like how is the new guy and the answer alright.

Maybe I am wrong and Trippier did ask for an in depth training report and his mates did give a detailed positive review but based on common sense and the reality of what we have seen from Ndombele it is very doubtful that that occurred and positive report was given.
Weird you keep bringing up the in depth thing.

trippier - how Ndombele looking and getting on

squadV1 - he’s doing great working hard showing his class

or

squadV2 - hes pissing everyone off. Being lazy cunt why we all work our arse off.

also what’s the way he left thing? He never left on bad terms and if you follow social media you can see he still speaks with the English boys at least.

Weird you keep bringing up the in depth thing.

trippier - how Ndombele looking and getting on

squadV1 - he’s doing great working hard showing his class

or

squadV2 - hes pissing everyone off. Being lazy cunt why we all work our arse off.

also what’s the way he left thing? He never left on bad terms and if you follow social media you can see he still speaks with the English boys at least.

When he left he said something about it being time to go or there were things behind the scenes that led him to go. I am not saying he left burning bridges just that it seemed as though he wasn't happy with everyone at the club.

Even in your examples those are pretty weak statements to base an argument on when everything else points the other way. To me that show why Trippiers so called information is basically worthless. The reason I say it should be in depth because when everything else points to Ndombele being lazy then to discount the overwhelming evidence we have based on Trippiers comments then it would take an in depth conversation not just a passing comment from a supposed buddy on the team.

When he left he said something about it being time to go or there were things behind the scenes that led him to go. I am not saying he left burning bridges just that it seemed as though he wasn't happy with everyone at the club.

Even in your examples those are pretty weak statements to base an argument on when everything else points the other way. To me that show why Trippiers so called information is basically worthless. The reason I say it should be in depth because when everything else points to Ndombele being lazy then to discount the overwhelming evidence we have based on Trippiers comments then it would take an in depth conversation not just a passing comment from a supposed buddy on the team.
Which he said was poch not saying he wanted him to stay and finding out the club offered him out to other clubs. Absolutely nothing to do with the squad.

pretty weak to try and suggest otherwise even though you backtrack a little on it.

Like I say I don’t think the training is a major issue especially when we heard from two players, the manager and a respectable journalist he’s been training fine ( maybe it’s only since lockdown who knows ).

We’ll probably never find out but let’s hope for the club sake we get this player on the pitch and contributing as he could really be the difference.

edit: I could be completely wrong but it’s just my opinion 👍🏼

Which he said was poch not saying he wanted him to stay and finding out the club offered him out to other clubs. Absolutely nothing to do with the squad.

pretty weak to try and suggest otherwise even though you backtrack a little on it.

Like I say I don’t think the training is a major issue especially when we heard from two players, the manager and a respectable journalist he’s been training fine ( maybe it’s only since lockdown who knows ).

We’ll probably never find out but let’s hope for the club sake we get this player on the pitch and contributing as he could really be the difference.

edit: I could be completely wrong but it’s just my opinion 👍🏼

I think when the player has had fitness issues in his past (short) career, fitness issues when he first arrived at the club, fitness issues half way after six months at the club and now what appears to be fitness issues after a long layoff and a public discussion about those issues that I will want more evidence than two players with questionable motives and questionable knowledge and a manager that says one thing yet shows another thing to dispell those questions.

Until we actually see Ndombele show us that the fitness questions are gone why would we believe anything else? When all evidence points to him having training issues why ignore that because of some very flimsy and questionable information that supposedly "refutes" that?

Back
Top Bottom