Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"He’s an option for me, a very good player who will probably be playing tomorrow, will probably be playing the next match.
What do you think the headlines would be if he'd said anything else though?

IMO He's not going to rule out any fit player he's asked about before he names the team tbh. His agents would have already leaked another story in France etc. (which they'd then deny all knowledge of).

I hope he's probably going to be arsed running if he does get some time on the pitch though and if he does I hope he makes me eat my words.

What do you think the headlines would be if he'd said anything else though?

IMO He's not going to rule out any fit player he's asked about before he names the team tbh. His agents would have already leaked another story in France etc. (which they'd then deny all knowledge of).

I hope he's probably going to be arsed running if he does get some time on the pitch though and if he does I hope he makes me eat my words.
I hope he makes you eat your words too :ledley:

I always laughed at how pathetic Woolwich and United fans were in defending Özil & Pogba despite having a shit attitude, shit performances and obviously not giving a flying fuck while getting paid a fortune to just fuck about.

I guess I should have known better than to enjoy the pain of other fans! Because this thread's even worse.

Ah yes, Pogba, he's fucking shit, isn't he? Wasn't impressed at all when he came on for Utd vs spurs. Yes he may have spun Dier out of his umbro's to win his side a point but his attitude?! Not good enough. He was fucking about.

It's also not like Jose had a fall out with Pogba, a big reason he was SACKED from the biggest club in the world.

Got people in here loving off Lamela and hoping he stays here forever.

The guy has never scored more than five league goals in a season. Signed for 30 MILLION in 2013 and still hasn't even got close to 10 league goals in a season. He is piss poor in the final 3rd. We are the only top six club that would coddle a player like this, even ask him to stay forever... lol.

The guy realised he's shite on the ball and dedicated himself to pressing and committing fouls. He's fooled the passion and effort merchants

Last edited:
Got people in here loving off Lamela and hoping he stays here forever.

The guy has never scored more than five league goals in a season. Signed for 30 MILLION in 2013 and still hasn't even got close to 10 league goals in a season. He is piss poor in the final 3rd. We are the only top six club that would coddle a player like this, even ask him to stay forever... lol.

The guy realised he's shite on the ball and dedicated himself to pressing and committing fouls. He's fooled the passion and effort merchants
All of that might be true, but he's provided mroe on the pitch thanks to his effort and commitment than Ndombele ever will with his shitty attitude.

All the talent in the world doesn't mean anything if you don't try, apply yourself and work hard. Plenty of good examples. Bentley, Ravel, Taraabt etc.

Lamela creates a lot of goals with his pressing and vertical passing, something very valuable. He is also left footed and can play anywhere. He isn't an elite winger but very good squad player. No need to shit on him to defend fatman-ndombele.

All of that might be true, but he's provided mroe on the pitch thanks to his effort and commitment than Ndombele ever will with his shitty attitude.

All the talent in the world doesn't mean anything if you don't try, apply yourself and work hard. Plenty of good examples. Bentley, Ravel, Taraabt etc.

Lamela creates a lot of goals with his pressing and vertical passing, something very valuable. He is also left footed and can play anywhere. He isn't an elite winger but very good squad player. No need to shit on him to defend fatman-ndombele.

Why are you mentioning Bentley and Ravel? How many CL games did they play... they never even played at the level Ndombele has. That's nonsense. Taarabt is actually one of Benfica's important players now, you definitely didn't know that. However, he is an outlier.

Lamela is left footed, yes, except he has no right foot and defenders have no problem facing him up. What he possesses is not near as valuable as you say it is.

A very good squad player? Someone that none of our competition have ANY interest in. He's taking up space from someone that can press and actually link up play and produce in the final third. If we can get Ndombele to play to his level, we have a player that the whole of Europe covets. It's not that complicated.

16 league goals in 148 league appearances. If you think that's a good return, i dont know what to tell you.

Last edited:
Why are you mentioning Bentley and Ravel? How many CL games did they play... they never even played at the level Ndombele has. That's nonsense. Taarabt is actually one of Benfica's important players now, you definitely didn't know that. However, he is an outlier.

Lamela is left footed, yes, except he has no right foot and defenders have no problem facing him up. What he possesses is not near as valuable as you say it is.

A very good squad player? Someone that none of our competition have ANY interest in. He's taking up space from someone that can press and actually link up play and produce in the final third.

16 league goals in 148 league appearances. If you think that's a good return, i dont know what to tell you.

Shitting all over player X won't make Ndombele's future here any more fruitful.

Who said it would? Regardless of what Ndombele does, Lamela is not good enough.
I like Lamela as he works so hard for every ball. You arent wrong though. After so many years here, theres not been 1 season where we can say he had an effect on the team. Overall hes been a waste of money.

A very good squad player? Someone that none of our competition have ANY interest in. He's taking up space from someone that can press and actually link up play and produce in the final third. If we can get Ndombele to play to his level, we have a player that the whole of Europe covets. It's not that complicated.

I definitely did know about Taraabt ad he proves my point. He only became a key player by maturing and putting down the cake. He said so himself and thanked his manager for setting him straight. But it took him 10 years of shitty attitude to get there...

Ndombele played 1 season at a high level. Why pretend as if he's some seasoned veteran? He has had weight and attitude problems forever. He could change, but until he does, he will not provide what we paid for.

Back
Top Bottom