Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He hadn't played a game for 4 months on top of already being unfit - you sound surprised?

Mourinho had 2 previous games, one of which we were comfortably 2 -0 up, to give him some minutes and get his match fitness up and he refused to do so.

But sure, we can blame Ndombele on this one.
Why is he so unfit then? It is job to be in top physical condition.
He was fucked after 15 minutes.
Kane had not played for 6 months prior to the United game.
I WILL TELL YOU AGAIN IT IS HIS JOB TO BE FIT

Why is he so unfit then? It is job to be in top physical condition.
He was fucked after 15 minutes.
Kane had not played for 6 months prior to the United game.
I WILL TELL YOU AGAIN IT IS HIS JOB TO BE FIT

No idea. I'm not a coach on the training ground nor am I the manager that deems him fit enough to come off the bench in a Premier League game we needed to win.

I didn't notice him look fucked after 15 minutes. What gave you that impression? It's strange to me. He either doesn't bust a gut or he looks unfit. Which one is it?

Because if it was his look, Kane looks fucked after 5 minutes of every game.

And no, before you like many others on here read that wrong or interpret it in a way only you know how, that's not me saying Kane is any unfitter than Ndombele.

No idea. I'm not a coach on the training ground nor am I the manager that deems him fit enough to come off the bench in a Premier League game we needed to win.

I didn't notice him look fucked after 15 minutes. What gave you that impression? It's strange to me. He either doesn't bust a gut or he looks unfit. Which one is it?

Because if it was his look, Kane looks fucked after 5 minutes of every game.

And no, before you like many others on here read that wrong or interpret it in a way only you know how, that's not me saying Kane is any unfitter than Ndombele.
Because he could not be bothered to run 5 yards to cut out a cross for their 3rd goal.
Watch the goal again and tell me I am wrong.
PS Ali and Son were also just as lazy

Because he could not be bothered to run 5 yards to cut out a cross for their 3rd goal.
Watch the goal again and tell me I am wrong.
PS Ali and Son were also just as lazy

Looks like he hesitates because he thinks Dele should be doing more to cut it out - he probably shouldn't hesitate - but I don't think that's him being unfit or lazy.

Dele was worse in that goal, he reacts slowly to Berge and then gets done far too easily by him on the line.

Looks like he hesitates because he thinks Dele should be doing more to cut it out - he probably shouldn't hesitate - but I don't think that's him being unfit or lazy.

Dele was worse in that goal, he reacts slowly to Berge and then gets done far too easily by him on the line.

He can't be bothered to chase back and help his team mate who I said was also poor leading to this goal

That is mainly on Dele in the end (although the first 2 didn't cover themselves in glory on the flank...) but Ndombele should have done more as well. He's the least culpable though of the two, imo. But he really should have cut out that pass more convincingly... but it's the usual from him, never quite committed.

That is mainly on Dele in the end (although the first 2 didn't cover themselves in glory on the flank...) but Ndombele should have done more as well. He's the least culpable though of the two, imo. But he really should have cut out that pass more convincingly... but it's the usual from him, never quite committed.

I agree he should do better - but I don't think that's due to him being unfit, which the guy was alluding to.

I feel his hesitation on expecting Dele to do it is probably what prevents him from getting there in time, but there is a small burst from him when he realises Dele has been done by Berge, but by then it's too late.

Both were fresh legs and Dele actually was making runs and working hard.

Ndombele had little to no intensity from about the 80th minute.

He didn't look unfit to me yesterday. He has an extremely odd jogging gait which I think makes people think he's moving a lot slower than he is.

It reminds me of Yaya Toure and the way he looked like he'd torn a hammy from the 5th minute onwards.

No excuse for how unfit he has been for the majority of the season - but I agree in that he didn't look particularly unfit yesterday and hopefully the 3-1 loss to Sheff Utd makes Mourinho do something drastic against Everton.

It's almost a win win for Jose. Ndombele plays poorly and he feel he's justified for calling him out or Ndombele plays well and Jose feel he's justified for calling him out and Ndombele improving

Last edited:
I agree he should do better - but I don't think that's due to him being unfit, which the guy was alluding to.

I feel his hesitation on expecting Dele to do it is probably what prevents him from getting there in time, but there is a small burst from him when he realises Dele has been done by Berge, but by then it's too late.

Agreed and there was a boat load of “hesitating” out there. Too many assumptions by our players that the other will solve the problem.

This to me comes down to who is building the team ethos. SU clearly have a team identity that they all fight for. Wilder has them all believing. I haven’t heard him single out players this season. What did Jose immediately do when he got here? Created a divide in the locker room.

It reminds me of Yaya Toure and the way he looked like he'd torn a hammy from the 5th minute onwards.

No excuse for how unfit he has been for the majority of the season - but I agree in that he didn't look particularly unfit yesterday and hopefully the 3-1 loss to Sheff Utd makes Mourinho do something drastic against Everton.

It's almost a win win for Jose. Ndombele plays poorly and he feel he's justified for calling him out or Ndombele plays well and Jose feel he's justified for calling him out and Ndombele impriving

....But when that was the common accusation (see Fat jibes) you were insistent that he wasn't to be criticised because he was carrying an injury. Now it's fair to critique him for poor fitness or poor in-game anticipation as long as no-one calls him lazy?

:kanehand:

The defense evolves, m'lord.

(I'm happy to let Scoobie Doo & The Gang unravel this continuing mystery for the time being in hope that he proves himself when afforded game-time and becomes a boss, but LOL some people are 'all in' on this!)

Please look at the facts and lets all be honest with each other.
Ndombele is our club record signing and with wages on a 5-6 year contract he would cost the club well over £100 million and despite now being at the club for 1 year is still having issues regarding his desire and fitness in training.
These are not rumour these are facts as stated by the London evening standards Spurs reporter Alisdair Gold the man that is far closer to things at THFC than any of us fans bicker about on various message boards.

Please look at the facts and lets all be honest with each other.
Ndombele is our club record signing and with wages on a 5-6 year contract he would cost the club well over £100 million and despite now being at the club for 1 year is still having issues regarding his desire and fitness in training.
These are not rumour these are facts as stated by the London evening standards Spurs reporter Alisdair Gold the man that is far closer to things at THFC than any of us fans bicker about on various message boards.

Common knowledge....

No punchline?

That’s exactly what a rumour is regardless of how well thought off he is.

Back
Top Bottom