Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The dinosaur managed to convince Chelsea fans KdB was an average player, united fans that Pogba and Martial overrated and nothing special
So two out of three he got right then.
And regarding KDB he was 20 when he was loaned out, and had Hazard to try and oust.....oh yeah that was going to happen.

He was also signed by the regime before Jose in January with the agreement to stay in Genk til the summer.
Then he played a couple pre season games and went on loan (OH SHOCK HORROR IMAGINE THAT!!!!)

If Jose got rid of the player he became, why did it take City and every other big club three years to pick up on it while he bummed around at mid table German teams?

Last edited:
Kane is not doing full 90 minutes tho. His work rate has been terrible compared to other forwards of teams who are winning things.
I do see your point but the situations are very different. Kane has already proven himself over and over again. We know that if he can only give 90% for most of a match at the moment or if he tails off after 60 minutes, he's worth persevering with anyway because he needs that match fitness after a very serious injury break.

And even while he's at 80 or 90%, he can still score match-winning goals and make the difference. Despite his entirely understandable suboptimal fitness at the moment, he's bagged 4 goals since the restart (very unlucky not to have at least 5) while winning 5 points for the team.

Nobody could do his job better at the moment. Nobody else on the team has scored more than 2 goals since the restart, suggesting that everyone (including most of the rest of the league) is re-finding their shooting boots (only it's much harder for Kane).

With the current fixture density, staying at 80% may well be what he's instructed to do. In fact, I'm convinced that Kane is indeed receiving game-by-game instructions on energy conservation. He needs to manage his stamina coming off the back of his worst ever injury to play a game every 2.5 days! It shouldn't really be happening and yet it's also the most sensible thing to do for the club under the circumstances (if we want a hope in hell of Europe).

To some extent, I think we should just be happy that Kane's come back from a potentially career-ending injury: he's still able to sprint, able to at least run for most of a match despite inhuman fixture congestion, and now he's scoring like he used to. The club's not a charity but if anyone has a case for being allowed the rest of the season as a write-off, it's Kane (fortunately, he isn't treating it as a write-off and his stats reflect that). Ndombele is a long way off deserving the same latitude -- in no small part because we don't know him well enough to know if he'd still try his best like Kane.

Agreed.

I was only giving the guy stats he wants.

I don't think Ndombele starting post lockdown would have seen us earn more points just like I don't think Ndombele not starting is the reason we've done relatively well.

Hopefully we get to pre-season, Mourinho can get the players he wants and fit Ndombele into his squad.
I think I put that the sample was too small: the point I was trying to make is that if you’re trying to say that things were the same with / without N’Dombele, you need to have all the adjustments made. And it’s that that makes it statistically insignificant.
It’s like the Bale always losing thing from when he was first here: just irrelevant in the end.
However, doesn’t look like he has a guaranteed place in the starting 11 - we assume because Jose doesn’t think he works hard enough for the team. That’s it, really.

And on this showing he’s been declared the most technically gifted player in the squad, one of the most gifted Spurs players we’ve seen, clearly a brilliant footballer, should be playing every week (despite improving and winning without him)......

Folks please put down the YouTube.
The French league is shit. Without those past clips, you’d see him for what he is here and now, because you know, that’s all that matters.
Yeah because a lot of football tactical analysts, like you know, people who do this for a job not idiots like Rio Ferdinand and Jamie Redknapp, must be wrong about calling him one of the best talented midfielders in the world because they must aswell have watched him on YouTube. Lol.

Yeah because a lot of football tactical analysts, like you know, people who do this for a job not idiots like Rio Ferdinand and Jamie Redknapp, must be wrong about calling him one of the best talented midfielders in the world because they must aswell have watched him on YouTube. Lol.

Well this is awkward.......do you still agree with Rio?

Are you stupid or what? I’ve literally said in that post “NOT IDIOTS LIKE RIO FERDINAND AND JAMIE REDKNAPP”. Read it again you muppet.

Are you stupid or what? I’ve literally said in that post “NOT IDIOTS LIKE RIO FERDINAND AND JAMIE REDKNAPP”. Read it again you muppet.
Mate you need to start taking your blood pressure medication

I am legitimately worried about your health

I suggest you stop reading and posting in this thread because it is quite evident it is taking a toll on you!

I think starting Kane was fine but I think Lucas should’ve started over dele

Oops.....so you don’t agree with Rio?

Even if the injury's true this is still a massive concern!

That's 3 injuries in little over 6 months when he's been trying to build up fitness. He looked fitter against Bournemouth and had a good 45 mins but he still looked tired in the last 5-10 and that was with all the stoppages

We cant pretend his fitness isnt an issue despite all his technical ability if he can't stay fit enough to play for even 75 minutes a game, and trying to do so makes his body break down we have issues

I hope we don't sell him i hope in the pre season we get him on a regime that sorts this out because I'm convinced that there is a hell of a player is there. But realistically he's on 200k a week and cost 50 million if we think we can sell him and get a player or two capable of making a guaranteed instant impact I can see why the club would do that

Nah I don’t care what the pundits say tbh.
Yet three minutes ago.....

......you was all about the pundits

:mourfacepalm:

Who are these analysts that we should be listening to? Are they on Twitter by any chance?

Do they all look like spotty, big foreheaded virgins that crave the touch of a woman? I'm sure the number crunchers know more than ex-professionals who have played the game at the highest levels.

Back
Top Bottom