Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

zero class moments? it is clear you have your mind made up with Ndombele, just like I do with the long term vision of the Jose appointment.

What class moments? Let’s see them?

Maybe your definition of class moments is lower than mine but there were none that come close to it for me and an offside pass to Kane certainly does not qualify.

Inter are working on bringing in a phsycal midfielder to bolster Conte's squad. The nerazzurri are in talks with Tottenham, they are offering Milan Skriniar to land Tanguy Ndombele, a player they've been interested in dating back to his time at Lyon.

There are a however a few hurdles, Spurs are having a hard time meeting Skriniar's demands for his salary and their chairman Daniel Levy views moving on from Ndombele' after investing so much in him just a year ago as risky and an admission of failure. Inter and Tottenham developed a good relationship during the Eriksen negotiation, will they get another deal across the finish line?

Last edited:
If they are so obvious how come nobody can ever come up with anything other than an offside pass to Kane?
He has had many moments you are just asking a stupid question. On multiple occasions I have seen him beat 2+ men and release a great forward ball. Just because I cannot name the precise time it happened does not mean it didn't. Youd be hard pressed to pinpoint dembeles moments as well but he was the best player in the league for nigh on 2 seasons.

One good example is the 7 2 at home. We actually started that game really well and ndombele was at the heart of everything. Yes he tired but there is clearly a player in there.

Why do you think so many of us can see the talent? Emperors new clothes?

Inter are working on bringing in a phsycal midfielder to bolster Conte's squad. The nerazzurri are in talks with Tottenham, they are offering Milan Skriniar to land Tanguy Ndombele, a player they've been interested in dating back to his time at Lyon.

There are a however a few hurdles, Spurs are having a hard time meeting Skriniar's demands for his salary and their chairman Daniel Levy views moving on from Ndombele' after investing so much in him just a year ago as risky and an admission of failure. Inter and Tottenham developed a good relationship during the Eriksen negotiation, will they get another deal across the finish line?

Basically confirming what a few of us have said, levy doesn’t want to give up on his record signing after one year. I am sure this will rumble on all summer and I’m sure inter do want him but I can’t see them meeting the sort of price that would require levy to give up on him. I actually think Levy would want an increase on what we paid.

Also LOL at yet another journalist insinuating that Tanguy is a “physical” midfielder. Such lazy Journalism and it’s part of the reason people hate on Tanguy so much. Half the people on here thought we had signed a DM when he came, It’s like people take one look at him and can’t understand that he is a creative midfielder.

If they are so obvious how come nobody can ever come up with anything other than an offside pass to Kane?
The quick dribble and pass against city for our second, the Norwich performance, first half against bayern was great, his goals have been great. That’s Just off the top of my head, like I said there are youtube compilations that make him look world class from only a few games of football. He is not consistent, but he has had flashes of brilliance it’s just stupid to deny that.

How about that curling, first touch goal from outside the box. Or how about the through ball to Lucas in preseason I believe. How about the numerous times he beat players and released our attack. You can not call any of those class, but I regard that to be pretty class

He has had many moments you are just asking a stupid question. On multiple occasions I have seen him beat 2+ men and release a great forward ball. Just because I cannot name the precise time it happened does not mean it didn't. Youd be hard pressed to pinpoint dembeles moments as well but he was the best player in the league for nigh on 2 seasons.

One good example is the 7 2 at home. We actually started that game really well and ndombele was at the heart of everything. Yes he tired but there is clearly a player in there.

Why do you think so many of us can see the talent? Emperors new clothes?

I don't think there are that many that see the talent.

But a reason why so many want to see it is simple, fans want to see the best in their players. If Ndombele is talented that is good for Spurs. It means we have a talented player. It's why so many fans (all of teams, in all sports) constantly overrate their players.

It is always why so many buy into the Jose holding him back theory and ignore his past issues. Because it is much easier for some to believe that he is a world class talent that is only being held back by Jose so that once Jose or someone else lets him play full time we will have a KDB like talent on our hands ready to propel us to the title. Much easier to live that fantasy that to think that our record signing with a history of fitness and attitude issues and tiny track record of good play might be a bust.

How about that curling, first touch goal from outside the box. Or how about the through ball to Lucas in preseason I believe. How about the numerous times he beat players and released our attack. You can not call any of those class, but I regard that to be pretty class

The Villa goal? That was not class. It was cool in the moment but not what I would say is class.

I cannot remember a single time that he beat players and released our attack so can't speak to made up plays by him.

How did you feel about Mousa Dembele?

Loved him and I know many apologist want to compare him to Ndombele so that they can use Dembele's greatness as evidence that Ndombele will somehow be that great but Dembele was never close to as lazy as Ndombele. wasn't cut from teams for lack of fitness and lack of willingness to work on said fitness. never showed up here out of shape.

They may have a similar name but that is where the similarities end.

The quick dribble and pass against city for our second, the Norwich performance, first half against bayern was great, his goals have been great. That’s Just off the top of my head, like I said there are youtube compilations that make him look world class from only a few games of football. He is not consistent, but he has had flashes of brilliance it’s just stupid to deny that.

Meh not impressive at all.

It is always why so many buy into the Jose holding him back theory and ignore his past issues.

It may be that fitness and attitude issues are entirely to blame and Jose is only doing what's best for the team. Seems pretty unlikely that Jose is doing this for *no* reason, and it's not as if Poch had him as the first name on the team sheet either. Something is going on.

But the talent is blindingly obvious even when he's shambling around the pitch like Frankenstein.

It may be that fitness and attitude issues are entirely to blame and Jose is only doing what's best for the team. Seems pretty unlikely that Jose is doing this for *no* reason, and it's not as if Poch had him as the first name on the team sheet either. Something is going on.

But the talent is blindingly obvious even when he's shambling around the pitch like Frankenstein.

It certainly isn;t as he stands around watching guys go by him but hopefully he can show more than he did this year and recapture those two "magical" games he supposedly had against City that fooled us into signing him.

I don't think there are that many that see the talent.

But a reason why so many want to see it is simple, fans want to see the best in their players. If Ndombele is talented that is good for Spurs. It means we have a talented player. It's why so many fans (all of teams, in all sports) constantly overrate their players.

It is always why so many buy into the Jose holding him back theory and ignore his past issues. Because it is much easier for some to believe that he is a world class talent that is only being held back by Jose so that once Jose or someone else lets him play full time we will have a KDB like talent on our hands ready to propel us to the title. Much easier to live that fantasy that to think that our record signing with a history of fitness and attitude issues and tiny track record of good play might be a bust.
I don't think he has been held back by Jose i think he is held back by his own body and how hard he wants to work. There could be numerous things going on such as adapting to a new country.

I think Jose wants to win games and if Ndombele was consistent and fit he woukd be starting.

If you can't see the class we will just have to agree to disagree but I really don't understand. Even when he came on against bournemouth, almost every touch you can see the class within him.

Did you like modric in his first season at the club?

I don't think he has been held back by Jose i think he is held back by his own body and how hard he wants to work. There could be numerous things going on such as adapting to a new country.

I think Jose wants to win games and if Ndombele was consistent and fit he woukd be starting.

If you can't see the class we will just have to agree to disagree but I really don't understand. Even when he came on against bournemouth, almost every touch you can see the class within him.

Did you like modric in his first season at the club?

The bolded is what I don't get, it isn't remotely true but that is the case now with the Ndombele apologists is that they have to overrate everything he does to try and justify what is his. The Bournemouth game was typical of him he came on and looked like he was giving it a go for about 5-10 minutes and then shut it down after that.

I don't remember his first year well enough to give much of a report. I do not remember being as frustrated or disappointed with him though, but perhaps I am just repressing those memories having seen how amazing he was to watch for us.

No other player in our squad could do those things combined. His mixture of dribbling and Aggressive passing is something that is extremely hard to find in one player.

GLC does both those things better than him, more consistently than him and while playing a whole 90 mins.

I also expect Kane could easily out perform him in both if we put him in as a deep lying MF but don't think anyone wants that to be the role for Kane.

The Villa goal? That was not class. It was cool in the moment but not what I would say is class.

I cannot remember a single time that he beat players and released our attack
so can't speak to made up plays by him.
What the fuck are you talking about have you watched him at all?!?

If you honestly believe that statement then you are obviously a troll, it’s like his thing it’s what he does.

Back
Top Bottom