Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Ndombele has been a total fucking disappointment and if anyone thinks he’s improved us when he played or is massively impressed because he passed it forward
must be mightily impressed by our scouts and chairman over this epic signing.

Personally, I want better.
Whether it’s better from him, or someone else I don’t care, but the fact he has been so crap for so long and now wants out doesn’t bode well for a renaissance.

Some of you have been so desensitised by our shit central midfields over the last 15 years bar a couple of seasons where Dier, Wanyama and Dembele stood up, you have latched onto a non entity and seen a top player because sometimes he turns around instead of passing backwards.

It’s not enough. Nothing he has done is enough, so deserves time or not, is another argument, but please stop clinging to silly little clips of one bit of play in 1000 minutes of game time as proof of anything.

Aurier has outplayed him this season, think about that.
Says the bloke that said he wished we had a team of - shit lazy - footballers like Sissoko.

If everything you've said above is true, Ndombele takes us another 1/11th toward your dream team.

Last edited:
Comment
The Recoba / Tanguy comparison is one I was thinking about recently.

I'm not sure if you've read this article but you could swap out Recoba's name for Tanguy's and almost everything would apply:

For the record, I hope he gets his head down and gets fit because there's a serious player in there.
I saw recoba live at the san siro when I was a kid and he was just outstanding, such a wasted talent

Comment
He is full of tricks and skill but lacks any kind of desire.
I think he knows he's good at football and he's just trying to coast off that. His style makes him look like playing football is easy for him. I'd love it if he and Mourinho are able to work together because that will benefit us so much in the upcoming season. He's genuinely the first player I look for on the teamsheet.

Comment
Really? I remember how talented he was and how much more he could have been if he just changed his attitude but that's what separates the great players from the good ones.
That's exactly what he said...?
Anyway let's hope Ndombele is gone by September and we get a replacement who actually wants to play.

Comment
The example of Son is regularly cited, difficult first season but then came good. Son had a good attitude and work ethic from the start though.

Ndombele has looked like trouble since the day he arrived here. It’s a damning indictment of Pochettino and our scouting system really. If you’re smashing the club transfer record to the tune of £60 million, there shouldn’t be many question marks. The player should be hitting the ground running Day 1. Sick and tired of all this guff about how he’s a bit precious and will need a few years to get up to speed. That’s all fine if it’s some 18-19 year old home grown academy players. The level of investment in Ndombele has been huge and it’s unacceptable the level to which he has been a flop.

Comment
The example of Son is regularly cited, difficult first season but then came good. Son had a good attitude and work ethic from the start though.

Ndombele has looked like trouble since the day he arrived here. It’s a damning indictment of Pochettino and our scouting system really. If you’re smashing the club transfer record to the tune of £60 million, there shouldn’t be many question marks. The player should be hitting the ground running Day 1. Sick and tired of all this guff about how he’s a bit precious and will need a few years to get up to speed. That’s all fine if it’s some 18-19 year old home grown academy players. The level of investment in Ndombele has been huge and it’s unacceptable the level to which he has been a flop.
I don't know enough about his personality but the manager has treated him like he has AIDS. We had 8 league games in just over a month and he never started him once. Jose obviously doesn't fancy him at all so the sooner he leaves and we get someone who can actually contribute the better.

Comment
There's a massive amount of speculation going on about what the player wants or doesn't want, is or isn't like, and what the club wants or doesn't want.

Don't let the tabloids fill your brains with junk. Try to trust only facts you can verify.

He's had fitness issues in his first season. That encompasses both general fitness levels and injuries (the two of which are at least somewhat related).

He's had trouble adjusting to a new country, evidenced by a person making a ridiculous amount of money living with a roommate - his national teammate.

He's went through a coaching change in his first season. And these coaches have vastly different (and in fact) opposite coaching tactics AND management styles.

A world wide pandemic hit in the same tumultuous season.

So can we just breath a bit?

Comment
I don't know enough about his personality but the manager has treated him like he has AIDS. We had 8 league games in just over a month and he never started him once. Jose obviously doesn't fancy him at all so the sooner he leaves and we get someone who can actually contribute the better.
He hasn’t deserved to start.
If you can’t make this midfield better, then you aren’t very good.

Comment
There's a massive amount of speculation going on about what the player wants or doesn't want, is or isn't like, and what the club wants or doesn't want.

Don't let the tabloids fill your brains with junk. Try to trust only facts you can verify.

He's had fitness issues in his first season. That encompasses both general fitness levels and injuries (the two of which are at least somewhat related).

He's had trouble adjusting to a new country, evidenced by a person making a ridiculous amount of money living with a roommate - his national teammate.

He's went through a coaching change in his first season. And these coaches have vastly different (and in fact) opposite coaching tactics AND management styles.

A world wide pandemic hit in the same tumultuous season.

So can we just breath a bit?
I wonder if people felt the same about Njie, Nkoudou, Jansssen, Gedson or Stambouli?

Oh no that’s right, your bleeding hearts and fake compassion is all so very selective isn’t it.

The fucking state of some of you...... Levy and ENIC are shit.....but Ndombele is a proper class signing that needs time......

Now he’s shit because there’s a pandemic

:goonermong:

Comment
I wonder if people felt the same about Njie, Nkoudou, Jansssen, Gedson or Stambouli?

Oh no that’s right, your bleeding hearts and fake compassion is all so very selective isn’t it.

The fucking state of some of you...... Levy and ENIC are shit.....but Ndombele is a proper class signing that needs time......

Now he’s shit because there’s a pandemic

:goonermong:
All those players got more time than one season, except gedson.

And I haven't written off gedson either.

A pandemic that throws the world into turmoil negatively impacts literally every single human being alive. You think that doesn't extend to footballers? What's wrong with you?

Comment
All those players got more time than one season, except gedson.

And I haven't written off gedson either.

A pandemic that throws the world into turmoil negatively impacts literally every single human being alive. You think that doesn't extend to footballers? What's wrong with you?
Ndombele was shit from day one, half a year before Corona so there’s a thought

Stambouli got 450 PL minutes and one season
Njie got 184 PL minutes and one season
Nkoudou got 320 PL minutes over three years
Janssen got 800 PL minutes over three years
Ndombele has 1000 PL minutes in one season

Care to review your statement?

As I said, fake bleeding hearts, fake compassion.
Just a bunch of fake selective bullshit to be honest. Sickens me.

Comment
Ndombele was shit from day one, half a year before Corona so there’s a thought

Stambouli got 450 PL minutes and one season
Njie got 184 PL minutes and one season
Nkoudou got 320 PL minutes over three years
Janssen got 800 PL minutes over three years
Ndombele has 1000 PL minutes in one season

Care to review your statement?

As I said, fake bleeding hearts, fake compassion.
Just a bunch of fake selective bullshit to be honest. Sickens me.
I'll retract the first two, assuming you're correct. For some reason I thought they got two seasons.

I'm on principle against only giving players one season.

Comment
Top Bottom