Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When Alastair talks , that’s normally Donna Cullen .
200.gif

If we'd paid the asking price we'd have made 40m in net value considering Grealish is quoted at 60-80m now lol.

If we'd paid the asking price for Ndombele & GLC we'd be about 60m worse off..... Swings and roundabouts innit.

Can you read? Seriously.?

they expected something to happen but circumstances (on Villa’s end - they were in serious financial trouble when at the start of negotiations ) changed.

That’s what a normal person would decipher from the information surrounding the failed Grealish transfer.

She never said “we’ve signed Grealish”, nor did alaistair. So sick of your hyperbole.
You know fuck all about what Donna Cullen told Alistair Gold

GLC was extremely expensive as well, Betis got him for like 30% of what we paid a year previously.

Did (eg) Chelsea overpay for Kante, just cos Leicester got him for fuck all a year earlier?

Nope..... It doesn't work that way.

(We're not talking about what YOU think they're worth here.... The talk was of paying the asking prices for players... The starting price if you prefer.)

We basically paid the asking prices for them so...

No we didn't.

GLC: Betis started asking for crazy money like euro100m cos they were skint and had to also pay PSG a big slice of any sell-on.

Even after hard bargaining and Betis generating funds from other sales we were still left being asked for 60m:

We eventually helped Betis save on the sell-on with the convoluted high-price loan fee with option to buy.

Ndombele: reports started at around £80m, but a couple of weeks into the trf window the equaivelent of euro80m was still being asked:

Last edited:
Did (eg) Chelsea overpay for Kante, just cos Leicester got him for fuck all a year earlier?

Nope..... It doesn't work that way.

No we didn't.

Betis started asking for crazy money like euro100m cos they were skint and had to also pay PSG a big slice of any sell-on.

Even after hard bargaining and Betsi generating funds from other sales we were still left being asked for 60m:

Ndombele: reports started at around £80m, but a couple of weeks into the trf window:

You keep picking the worst examples, as if Kante for 30m wasn't an insane deal. Another difference is that Lo Celso was a well known wonderkid and Kante wasn't but whatever.

not even the point - if we say GLC and Ndombele were good deals, they still were in no way bargains in comparison to asking price or value. We paid a fair price.

You keep picking the worst examples, as if Kante for 30m wasn't an insane deal. Another difference is that Lo Celso was a well known wonderkid and Kante wasn't but whatever.

What do you mean... "Keep picking the worst examples"? ....It's 1 basic example to illustrate a point.

Whether YOU rate player X or Y is irrelevant to this conversation.

not even the point - if we say GLC and Ndombele were good deals, they still were in no way bargains in comparison to asking price or value. We paid a fair price.

Nah, I'm sorry YOU are dragging things off point... Not me.

I didn't say they were a bargain.

I responded to a comment about paying asking price for Grielish.....

You're arguing on the basis of perceived worth. Which is an entirely different discussion.

The FACT is that we paid circa £100m for 2 players with a combined asking price of circa euro180m (£161m).... When it comes to negotiations; sometimes you get the deal you want (TN & GLC) sometimes you don't (JG).

What do you mean... "Keep picking the worst examples"? ....It's 1 basic example to illustrate a point.

Whether YOU rate player X or Y is irrelevant to this conversation.

Nah, I'm sorry YOU are dragging things off point... Not me.

I didn't say they were a bargain.

I responded to a comment about paying asking price for Grielish.....

You're arguing on the basis of perceived worth. Which is an entirely different discussion.

The FACT is that we paid circa £100m for 2 players with a combined asking price of circa euro180m (£161m).... When it comes to negotiations; sometimes you get the deal you want (TN & GLC) sometimes you don't (JG).
And yet we haggled over 2 mil over Grealish when he would have been the by far best value for money. That's my point.

And yet we haggled over 2 mil over Grealish when he would have been the by far best value for money. That's my point.

Like I say... Something you get the deal you want; sometimes you don't.

You underlying point is that of scouting/talent identificaion, not financial....

Why are you so obsessed with Ndombele though? Honest question.
I’m not. He’s a good player and deserves more chances to prove his worth. What is more frustrating is that some idiots shit on the good players the club has.

And Ndombele has received a lot more criticism than he deserved.

I’m not. He’s a good player and deserves more chances to prove his worth. What is more frustrating is that some idiots shit on the good players the club has.

And Ndombele has received a lot more criticism than he deserved.
But you shit on the chairman for never buying good players for the last manager and never backing him and only spending small money on shit......
How does Ndombele fit into that theory for you?

“This time it was different” in 3...2...1

Back
Top Bottom